HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 13, 2013, 04:42 PM
Joined Feb 2013
3 Posts
Help!
Real-Time API Win 7 Issues?

I'm running the latest ET release for Windows (10.44), connected USB to the Seagull Wireless Dashboard. During Real-Time operation/mode the ET Software displays all the telemetry that I'm expecting, however it appears the C:\LiveRecorderFile.log file is not being generated. I've also verified that the GoogleEarth KML is being generated.

I followed the instructions from the realtime.pdf, Version 2.2 to create a new Registry Value.

I haven't been able to find any similar issues in this forum yet, but I'm suspecting my VirusScanner (McAfee) or Operating System (Win 7 Pro) are likely causes.

Has anyone else out there had or resolved similar problems?

Thanks in advance
mjprimetime is offline Find More Posts by mjprimetime
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 14, 2013, 08:40 AM
Saline, MI
Joined Jul 2006
300 Posts
My 2 cents...I have Win 7, Pro, 64 Bit, AVG AntiVirus. Everything is fine. But ... Windows 7 is very protective of the c:\ directory. When I do this, I always start the Eagletree software by rignt clicking on it and picking "Run as Administrator". That seems to work, although I've also gotten in the habit of creating an empty LiveRecoderFile.log, but that was more to empty it, I think. Anyway, I just tried it again and it still works. Bill needs to move the log file somewhere else, but I'm betting that's low on the list.
dhares is offline Find More Posts by dhares
Old Feb 14, 2013, 10:31 AM
Joined Feb 2013
3 Posts
C:\Users\<USER>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\LiveRec orderFile.log

Thanks for the Reply dhares!
I put AgentRansack to work last night and actually found the log at C:\Users\<USER>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\LiveRec orderFile.log

I'm going to code to that location for now. I'll also give the "Run as Administrator" trick a shot.

Agreed, the output location of the LiveRecorderFile.log should be configurable.

Thanks Again!
mjprimetime is offline Find More Posts by mjprimetime