Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Dec 07, 2012, 10:05 AM
United States, MI, East Tawas
Joined Aug 2011
119 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BThirsk View Post
Can anyone tell me the difference between the MiniCP main gear and the Genius main gear?
I believe that the Genius is larger and has more teeth. It also looked thinner in my opinion. I am not in front of mine to count/measure. Someone with more experience or time to verify could provide a better answer.
j35u5fr34k is offline Find More Posts by j35u5fr34k
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 07, 2012, 10:31 AM
...if you take the time
Israel, Tel Aviv
Joined Jul 2012
212 Posts
I've unplug the motor and examined the swash, and I now have another noob question Playing with the elevator and aileron the swash levels once I let go of the sticks. However, if I apply some throttle (motor disconnected) the swash does not level when I let go, but rather stays at the same position. Also, dual rates don't seem to affect the throw when I'm applying throttle. It is not pitch related as I have zero pitch up to mid and it does it with zero pitch as well. Is this normal?
PurpleShark is offline Find More Posts by PurpleShark
Old Dec 07, 2012, 11:08 AM
Deviant
Joined Jul 2012
1,140 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleShark View Post
I've unplug the motor and examined the swash, and I now have another noob question Playing with the elevator and aileron the swash levels once I let go of the sticks. However, if I apply some throttle (motor disconnected) the swash does not level when I let go, but rather stays at the same position. Also, dual rates don't seem to affect the throw when I'm applying throttle. It is not pitch related as I have zero pitch up to mid and it does it with zero pitch as well. Is this normal?
It's the FBL unit compensating for the motor torque and the fact that you're holding it in a position that doesn't change and trying to stabilize the heli.
sbstnp is online now Find More Posts by sbstnp
Old Dec 07, 2012, 03:12 PM
Joined Aug 2009
4,961 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by j35u5fr34k View Post
I believe that the Genius is larger and has more teeth. It also looked thinner in my opinion. I am not in front of mine to count/measure. Someone with more experience or time to verify could provide a better answer.
Edit: See below re-post from other Mini thread
i812 is offline Find More Posts by i812
Last edited by i812; Dec 07, 2012 at 04:57 PM. Reason: add Edit
Old Dec 07, 2012, 04:21 PM
Joined Aug 2009
4,961 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xermalk View Post
I'm going to see if its possible to do something similar tomorrow, but finding a thin enough tape is going to be hard, there's only at best 1 mm of free space around a c05m mini cp.
Maybe that is why many people that do the BL mod (i.e. use a wider Main Motor) also choose to use the Genius Main Gear? Because Genius Main Gear has more teeth, it has a larger diameter, which positions the Main Motor further away from the Main Shaft, thereby allowing more clearance between Main Motor and Main Shaft?

Its been reported that the Genius Main Gear is a little thinner, has 64 teeth and larger diameter; whereas, the Mini Main Gear is thicker, has 61 teeth and smaller diameter.

If everything else is kept the same, using a Main Gear with more teeth will result in a lower head speed per this equation:

New HeadSpeed = (Old Main Gear tooth count / New Main Gear tooth count) * Old HeadSpeed

If you want to use the larger diameter Genius Main Gear, but don't want the lower head speed, then you can use a larger Pinion to increase the headspeed per this equation (assuming everything else is kept the same):

New HeadSpeed = (New Pinion Gear tooth count / Old Pinion Gear tooth count) * Old HeadSpeed

The combination of both Gears being larger would result in the most clearance between Main Motor and Main Shaft.
Last edited by i812; Dec 07, 2012 at 04:53 PM. Reason: Add last sentence
Old Dec 07, 2012, 07:02 PM
Austria
Joined Sep 2008
217 Posts
Quote:
You mean like a blunt edge such as the edge of a door? I think it is more likely to be damaged by blades.
Like edge of the door, the fence of the yard etc. Finally I ran them through the boom!

One more question, is the tail motor glued in its housing? I tried to push it out with no results.
helicopter_new is offline Find More Posts by helicopter_new
Old Dec 08, 2012, 12:48 AM
Joined Nov 2012
208 Posts
Hey experience flyers....

Newbie to Mini CP needing some advice.

Just flew my CP for the first time today and I am happy to say I could fly it without any major crashes.

Just a question.....to throttle up and get it off the ground I have to utilise 70% throttle ....is this correct?..... I have not changed any settings and this is how it came stock standard.

Doesnt seem much room to left in the throttle?

Apart from that it flys fine. The battery life is between 3 -5 mins, is that ok?

Many thanks !!
jonnewbie is offline Find More Posts by jonnewbie
Old Dec 08, 2012, 12:53 AM
Joined Oct 2010
1,195 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnewbie View Post

Just flew my CP for the first time today and I am happy to say I could fly it without any major crashes.

Just a question.....to throttle up and get it off the ground I have to utilise 70% throttle ....is this correct?..... I have not changed any settings and this is how it came stock standard.

Apart from that it flys fine. The battery life is between 3 -5 mins, is that ok?

Many thanks !!
make sure the gear or the collar didn't slip out of place.
pmerritt is offline Find More Posts by pmerritt
Old Dec 08, 2012, 12:54 AM
Deviant
Joined Jul 2012
1,140 Posts
Quote:

Many thanks !!
Throttle has nothing to do with taking off on a CP heli, pitch does. If your came stock as mine did, you have zero pitch at mid stick, so 70 on THR stick is about rigth. You can change that, but is you're a newbie, read the whole Mini CP thread. Yeah a lot of pages but a wealth of information.

Batery life looks ok.
sbstnp is online now Find More Posts by sbstnp
Old Dec 08, 2012, 01:01 AM
Joined Nov 2012
208 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbstnp View Post
Throttle has nothing to do with taking off on a CP heli, pitch does. If your came stock as mine did, you have zero pitch at mid stick, so 70 on THR stick is about rigth. You can change that, but is you're a newbie, read the whole Mini CP thread. Yeah a lot of pages but a wealth of information.

Batery life looks ok.

Thanks heaps .....
jonnewbie is offline Find More Posts by jonnewbie
Old Dec 08, 2012, 07:58 AM
United Kingdom, England, Sheffield
Joined Jun 2012
1,375 Posts
Quote:

Apart from that it flys fine. The battery life is between 3 -5 mins, is that ok? I dream of 2 mins aggressive flight, 3 - 5 is amazing with this battery hog

Many thanks !!

If you gt a devo7E and pitch seems messed up after copying the original model and changing it try a new model from scratch. The Devo7E does not copy models without errors happening when changing the copied model.
microrcfiend is online now Find More Posts by microrcfiend
Old Dec 08, 2012, 09:59 AM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,747 Posts
Has anyone found any better servos to fit the mini.
I had another one lock up on me this morning. It locks up and you can't move the servo at all, either by had or with the sticks.
The last one I fixed by taking it apart, although I really don't know what I did. This one i broken because I tried to move it by hand and did strip the large gear.
I have not idea why these do this as I did not crash the heli. When I took the servo apart, all I could see is a piece of plastic floating around, but could not find where it came from.
BThirsk is offline Find More Posts by BThirsk
Old Dec 08, 2012, 10:46 AM
United States, MI, East Tawas
Joined Aug 2011
119 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel English View Post
I just checked the specs and 2 8 cell 600 AE packs works out to 10.4 ounces. An 8 cell 2400 pack weighs 18 ounces, and a 8 cell 1200 pack weighs 12 ounces.
It would just be the extra weight of a controller which is less than one ounce. It could actually be lighter.
Dan
I just bought some of the HK ones.5320 is the number in US warehouse. They need a spacer however.

Also myrcmart has the WK one for 9

Are you running the servo saver mod? I haven't stripped on yet and have crashed really hard.
j35u5fr34k is offline Find More Posts by j35u5fr34k
Old Dec 08, 2012, 05:21 PM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,747 Posts
Quote:
I just bought some of the HK ones.5320 is the number in US warehouse. They need a spacer however.

Also myrcmart has the WK one for 9

Are you running the servo saver mod? I haven't stripped on yet and have crashed really hard.
No, but I have not crashed hard or many times at all. They don't really stip. they just lock up in one positition. As I said, I fixed one by just taking the servo apart and inspecting thinking it was stripped. All the gears where perfect and just playing around with them loosened something up.
The one this morning is stripped because I got mad and forced it until it stripped trying to unlock it. If I had crashed it hard, it would be understandable, but not normal operation.
BThirsk is offline Find More Posts by BThirsk
Old Dec 08, 2012, 07:45 PM
Joined Aug 2009
4,961 Posts
This may explain why it might be possible to strip a Servo Gear without crashing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by i812 View Post
At first, I had problems with the Servo Saver mod slipping during full stick Max to Min pitch pumps, then upon close examination noticed the problem was due to me programming the TX to use 100% Pitch Travel, which was causing the top 2 Links to mechanically bind with the Blade Grips, preventing full travel to 100%. The Servo Saver Mod was slipping during the binding, and therefore were functioning by not allowing the Servo Gear to strip. Once I decreased the TX's Pitch travel back down to the factory recommended 6x% (I forgot the exact % specified in the User Manual), the Servo Saver Mod stopped slipping unless I crashed.