Nov 14, 2012, 04:23 PM
the plane seems pretty noisy when you move it around after binding. far louder then my trojon or any of my helli's is it normal for this plane?
to remove ads between posts
Nov 14, 2012, 04:24 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by fooferdoggie
the plane seems pretty noisy when you move it around after binding. far louder then my trojon or any of my helli's is it normal for this plane?
Probably because the gyros/servos are doing their magic when you move it.
Nov 14, 2012, 04:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crvnation
Probably because the gyros/servos are doing their magic when you move it.
well ya but much more noise then any other plane or blade heli it is pretty loud.
Nov 14, 2012, 05:20 PM
Chesapeake Bay RC Club
If you insert the lipo and do not advance the throttle is it still noisy? It will always be noisy after you advance the throttle as the gyros attempt to offset your moving the plane around.
Gary
Nov 14, 2012, 05:27 PM
Have fun
Its in the nice and brief instruction manual you know, its under the styrofoam.
Nov 14, 2012, 05:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by airpower
Its in the nice and brief instruction manual you know, its under the styrofoam.
yep says the motor will cut out if the throttle is too high. but I was only flying at about 1/2 throttle. But maybe I cranked it too much when I launched it. But I was trying to fly slow so I don't think it was too high but I will check. no where in the manual does it tell me this plane is far louder then my mother parkzone planes so it surprised me.
Nov 14, 2012, 06:14 PM
Parkzone junkie
Quote:
yep says the motor will cut out if the throttle is too high. but I was only flying at about 1/2 throttle. But maybe I cranked it too much when I launched it. But I was trying to fly slow so I don't think it was too high but I will check. no where in the manual does it tell me this plane is far louder then my mother parkzone planes so it surprised me.
Your mother has parkzone planes? cool!

Really though something is wrong. On 2S this plane should be able to fly around WOT for the who battery and not cutout. Might be a defective brick, bad motor, Way out of balance prop, just to many things to figure out without more information.

try some static tests, run the motor up to about half and wiggle the plane around letting the gyro do its thing. If the motor shuts down then it is most likely the brick. E-mail the seller and tell him it is defective.

As to the noise what are you used to? the 2500kv brushless will sound like a vacuum cleaner next to a balanced 1cell brushed.

-Brian
Nov 14, 2012, 06:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalmon
Your mother has parkzone planes? cool!

Really though something is wrong. On 2S this plane should be able to fly around WOT for the who battery and not cutout. Might be a defective brick, bad motor, Way out of balance prop, just to many things to figure out without more information.

try some static tests, run the motor up to about half and wiggle the plane around letting the gyro do its thing. If the motor shuts down then it is most likely the brick. E-mail the seller and tell him it is defective.

As to the noise what are you used to? the 2500kv brushless will sound like a vacuum cleaner next to a balanced 1cell brushed.

-Brian
I will play with it more when I get home. I mean the servo's are noisy as they adjust.
I just tested the motor and the controls before I went out and flew the plane and it all seems normal.
I will charge the battery tonight and test it more. I just wanted to make sure I was not missing something.
so it sounds like you can't use 100% throttle on the beast?
Nov 14, 2012, 08:21 PM
Quote:
...so it sounds like you can't use 100% throttle on the beast?
Nope, it flies great WOT! I just got done flying mine on 3S without issues! No cutouts now that I enlarged the exit holes, actually connect the two circles into one large oval.

Have to say this is my favorite still as it is one of the only HH planes that I have no had to mess with out of the box. No spraying servos, no weird gyro things going on. Just opened the box plopped a battery in and flew it. Now I got it modded to run on 3S what a pleasure to fly!
Nov 14, 2012, 08:22 PM
I just want to go fly!
i am new to the beast party and have only had 2 batteries through her but they were full throttle flight for the duration and not a issue. i was using 2 - 180mah 1s hyperions with a y harness. still waiting on my charger adapter for my 2s hyperions. removed the silly wheel pants as they were moving around and im not a pants type guy. lol. i love this little plane and am so excited to get her in the air again. that gyro is super!
Nov 14, 2012, 08:50 PM
Quote:
I'm about 100% certain he bought this plane from Hobb-E-Mart...No warranty...The 2500kv motor is MUCH louder than what you are used to...Again, I'm thinking that the brick is bad...The ESC on the brick is causing an overheated condition...Been there, done that...Just install an external ESC and you will be fine...Some of the ESC's on the bricks are too sensitive, causing a cutoff/overheating condition...Either replace the brick, save the brick for an ASK-21 glider, or do the external ESC mod...

Again---Been there, done that!!!!

Kevin
Last edited by Kevin Greene; Nov 14, 2012 at 08:56 PM.
Nov 14, 2012, 09:00 PM
Quote:
well ya but much more noise then any other plane or blade heli it is pretty loud.
The plane you mentioned does not have AS3X so it probably doesn't make any noise when you move it around. And helis are just plain different. Mine are quiet too when moved around. Do they even activate the gyros if the blades aren't spinning? I don't know. But heli's and non AS3X planes aren't a good comparison to the Beast 3D.
Nov 14, 2012, 10:16 PM
ferndale air force
Gents, being snarky is fun, but it is also offputting. Do you want newbies to ask questions or do you wish to talk to each other? My reading of the thread makes me think the latter is true.
Nov 14, 2012, 11:08 PM
I bought my original beast used, and had the same exact issue. It would just shut down mid flight, even on freshly charged batteries. Especially if I went full throttle.

Turned out to just be worn out batteries. Both of the batteries I got with the usedplane would just quit. Without load they would measure with adequate voltage, but under load the volts would go low enough for the brick to hit LVC.

If I were you, I would try new batteries first.
Nov 14, 2012, 11:12 PM
Have fun
While lipos dont catch things on fire(much) anymore, you still have to take really good care of them. If you leave them in your garage and the temp goes over 100, theyre probably dead, they are very sensitive to temperature change.

Quick Reply