Old Oct 30, 2013, 07:35 PM
Find More Posts by KenSt
Scratch builder
USA, PA, Telford
Joined Apr 2004
1,387 Posts
Careful!
3DX Hobbies, One of RCG sponsors

I ordered two .8mm carbon rods from here and got two 1mm instead. I contacted them and they corrected things a month later by sending me one rod, not two, at 1mm again! So now I have three 1mm rods, all wrong, and no .8 mm rods.

Apparently he either doesn't keep his rods sorted, and/or doesn't understand the metric system. He claimed, "he didn't have time for my "pettiness".

Wrong is wrong, and there's nothing petty about getting the wrong item twice!!! I tried to explain using pictures with a dial caliper and recommended that he buy one too so he doesn't get other orders wrong. I also told him I didn't like his "ticket" system of communicating.

He told me not to order again or come to his store and told me to stick my insults!!! Maybe BP Hobbies can do better, Ill try them next.

I guess everybody's got a bad mail order story and here's mine
KenSt is offline Find More Posts by KenSt
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 21, 2014, 04:25 PM
Find More Posts by petseno
United States, TN, Brentwood
Joined Mar 2010
6 Posts
yes i agree 3dx hobbies dont care about the customer just getting orders i have tried to email them but they rarely answer don't buy from them they never ship your whole order can you say backorder
petseno is offline Find More Posts by petseno
Old Aug 25, 2015, 06:07 PM
Find More Posts by TommyJoe
USA, WV, Charleston
Joined Aug 2010
7 Posts
Avoid this place at all costs. Had I read all of his derogatory reviews beforehand, I wouldn't have placed an order through the website. Or by any other means, for that matter. But given the high levels of customer service I have received with other online RC retailers, I didn't think twice before ordering a helicopter part from their website on Tuesday, August 11th and had it shipped USPS Priority because I had hoped to receive it by Saturday. Still not having received it by the following Thursday the 20th, I called the place and spoke to a hapless lady who couldn't help me but told that the guy I needed to speak to, "Paul", stepped out for a minute but would call me back when he got back in. No call. I called again the next day, spoke to the same lady, got the same promise that he would call me back. No call. The following Tuesday, the 25th, I called again. Paul answered the phone. He told me my part was shipped but couldn't tell me when. I asked for a tracking number and, after huffing and puffing for at least two minutes, he produced one. I asked, "But you don't know when it was shipped, huh"? He said "No. I had someone else ship it for me. Sorry for the delay" in an obviously not-so-apologetic way. I hung up the phone and checked the tracking number. It had been shipped that same day, exactly two weeks after I had placed the order. Thanks, Paul. You're a hell of a guy. Oh well, lesson learned I guess.
TommyJoe is offline Find More Posts by TommyJoe