Old Sep 27, 2015, 09:58 PM
Find More Posts by accel8or
Mark Beltran
United States, CA, Westminster
Joined Dec 2010
556 Posts
ok, so the slot is made on the vertical, once you find the cg. thanks.
accel8or is offline Find More Posts by accel8or
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 27, 2015, 11:04 PM
Find More Posts by ROLLING CIRCLE
TEAM TWISTED
United States, MD, Middle River
Joined Dec 2011
2,400 Posts
Yep, usually mount a battery on the top half of the fuse so the battery rests on the horizontal fuse. You can start with the cut too small and eye up how much more foam you need to remove. Test fit etc... sometimes I like a piece of velcro on the packs so it creates friction which will prevent the pack from launching
ROLLING CIRCLE is offline Find More Posts by ROLLING CIRCLE
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 12, 2015, 11:42 AM
Find More Posts by TimR74
United Kingdom, Wales, Monmouthshire
Joined Aug 2011
353 Posts
Mini Crack Yak Lite..... 73 grms AUW

Just finished off my Mini CY for the garden/backyard flyer. I've got about a 25M x 15M clear space in the garden which should be perfect for it, mostly surrounded by trees as well so nicely sheltered.

Really tried to be careful to keep the weight down on this one. I copied Leif's (3dxspin) Mini MXS-C set up of :

Dualsky XM 2212MA-25
PT carbon 7x3.5 prop
Plush 6A ESC,
2x Emax 9251 servos for the tail
1x Emax 9051 aileron servo

and topped it off with an indoor DelTang Rx35d receiver, which only weighed 0.6grams after I'd removed most of the little JST-ZH socket housings on it. This was more out of necessity, rather than weight saving, to be able to connect and disconnect the plugs without breaking something.

Motor, ESC and wiring has a combined weight of only 14.4 grms, all excess wires, heakshrink etc removed, Eflite 2S connector used. Dunno whether it's the carbon prop but it's really smooth and quiet, great throttle pick up as well.

AUW without the LiPo is 62.2 grms, so will be around 73 grams with a 180mAh or 77 grams with a 260mAh LiPo.

Looking forward to maidening it when the wind calms down.
TimR74 is online now Find More Posts by TimR74
Old Oct 12, 2015, 12:33 PM
TEAM TWISTED
Joined Dec 2011
2,400 Posts
Very lite indeed. It should really float. I think you will have the lightest CYM ever. Make sure to get video once you get used to it.
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 12, 2015, 12:57 PM
Joined Aug 2011
353 Posts
I don't think many people would wanna watch a video of my 3D flying currently but I'm improving! Working on rolling circles and harriers, hoping this little mini will speed things along.

Ordered the SLCY to replace my battered 32" Edge as well, so will have the full complement (24",32",39") of Yaks.
Old Oct 12, 2015, 02:59 PM
TEAM TWISTED
Joined Dec 2011
2,400 Posts
.... Yaktastik ....

RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 14, 2015, 06:20 AM
Joined Aug 2011
353 Posts
Ran a few 260 mAh packs through it in a short spell of zero wind. Blimey, quick and lively little thing! Great power and punch from the dualsky motor. Floats really well but I found I still needed to be sharper with the thumbs hovering compared to my 32" Edge.

I reckon the C of G may be out on the RC Factory instructions?? These put it at 165mm behind the nose which felt pretty tail heavy, climbing inverted and resulting coupling in knife edge. Got better as I moved the bat forward.
After flying, I checked against the Twisted Hobbies instructions which put it 20mm further forward (2.375" behind the LE) which is quite a difference for a small plane. Needed the battery shifting about 4 1/2 inches forward to get! which does look a lot more like what I was expecting. I did think my build should turn out tail heavy with the light motor and prop. So was surprised that the battery was way back above the ele servo to balance.
Old Oct 14, 2015, 06:46 AM
Find More Posts by icy_wind500
Camperdown, Sydney
Joined May 2009
454 Posts
I've also joined the CYM club a week ago, being flying it alot. Absolutely love it.
But does anyone have the problem I have with the fuselage twisting ? Looking down from the nose, the elevator is clearly not parallel to the wings. It wasnt like this when it was built. Wondering whats going on.
icy_wind500 is offline Find More Posts by icy_wind500
Old Oct 27, 2015, 04:42 PM
Joined Aug 2011
353 Posts
You should be able to remove the twist with some careful steaming and bending. Be sure to store the plane hanging from the prop hub if you can, I reckon this greatly reduces any chance of inducing any twists.

I've put about 20 packs or so through mine now, much happier with the CofG further forward. The lovely carbon PT prop has survived loads of nose first hits, all onto grass.
Old Nov 16, 2015, 12:03 PM
Find More Posts by baddley
United States, WV, Salem
Joined Mar 2006
218 Posts
Hi

I have a CYM and Twisted Hobbies CS35D's for the elevator and the rudder. Both of these servos are no good and have bad jittering issues, they have never been installed in my yak yet What is everybodys recommendation on a replacement servos for these?

Scott
baddley is offline Find More Posts by baddley
Old Nov 16, 2015, 05:09 PM
Find More Posts by lugnutz
The Twisted Elf
USA, NJ, Trenton
Joined Nov 2010
478 Posts
Have you contacted Twisted Hobbies. you should do that first also when you say jitter do you mean that the out put shaft is moving or do you hear a jitter sound. If sound it's because these are digital servos as indicated by the d after the number
lugnutz is offline Find More Posts by lugnutz
Old Nov 16, 2015, 05:56 PM
United States, WV, Salem
Joined Mar 2006
218 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lugnutz View Post
Have you contacted Twisted Hobbies. you should do that first also when you say jitter do you mean that the out put shaft is moving or do you hear a jitter sound. If sound it's because these are digital servos as indicated by the d after the number
Yes I have contacted twisted hobbys and the warranty for these servos is only 30 days which I am not very happy with, so time to for a change in my micro servo selection.

I have digital servos and know what jittering and humming is and this is not the issue. One of the servos output shaft is moving back and forth and it will not stay centered. This could be a issue with the pots and centering but this out of my hands and to be honest I don't think a programmer would help it. The other servo will not even rotate a full 90 deg and will not rotate in the other direction at all. Yes I checked my endpoints and subtrim etc etc it is not my setup.

The people at TH are very nice but I am not going to blow money on servos that will not center and go bad every time I turn around...

Scott
Old Nov 16, 2015, 06:28 PM
Find More Posts by Twisted Realm
United States, FL
Joined Aug 2008
4,432 Posts
Hi Scott, sorry to hear about your servo issue. We do our best to help customers even when the are out of warranty which most of our customer can attest to. Was this a recent purchase? You can also contact me directly at twistedhobbys@gmail.com

Brad
Twisted Hobbys
Twisted Realm is offline Find More Posts by Twisted Realm
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 16, 2015, 06:40 PM
United States, WV, Salem
Joined Mar 2006
218 Posts
Brad

I talked to a lady ealier in the day on the phone and she said they were out of warranty. I bought these servos in Jan of this year and when i received them i tested them per the instructions and they were fine. I finally got around too this particular airframe last week, plugged my servos in too center them up and put control horns on and no bueno

I dont recall her name but she was very helpful and I was told nothing could be done for me... She told me they prob couldnt be fixed even if i mailed them back to TH so not sure about that.

Scott
Old Nov 16, 2015, 06:44 PM
Find More Posts by Twisted Realm
United States, FL
Joined Aug 2008
4,432 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by baddley View Post
Brad

I talked to a lady ealier in the day on the phone and she said they were out of warranty. I bought these servos in Jan of this year and when i received them i tested them per the instructions and they were fine. I finally got around too this particular airframe last week, plugged my servos in too center them up and put control horns on and no bueno

I dont recall her name but she was very helpful and I was told nothing could be done for me... She told me they prob couldnt be fixed even if i mailed them back to TH so not sure about that.

Scott
Sure Scott, I will check and see what happened, also you can directly send me your information via email so i can look up your order doubt you want us to share it on the forum here which we understand.
Twisted Realm is offline Find More Posts by Twisted Realm
Site Sponsor