HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 10, 2014, 12:15 PM
Joined Mar 2012
15 Posts
Discussion
need advice for second bike.

Hello all,
Looking to take a step up from the kyosho hor that I've been driving for a coupe of years,spent some money upgrading it and so forth.I like the scale look of the hor, but I'm not married to the idea of being it.
Has any one got any advice for a user friendly electric second bike,with readily available replacement parts and upgrades?
Thanks in advance for advice.
Utahwestie
utahwestie is offline Find More Posts by utahwestie
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 10, 2014, 05:24 PM
YOUTUBE - R/C Life Channel
Joined Sep 2010
241 Posts
Sure, coming from a person who started with the hor, I can say that I enjoy the sb5 a lot, you need a bigger space to run it, and the rtr version comes good enough to use on its own without upgrades, I currently have the rtr, I just changed the shocks and crash bars out andI can keep up with the pro models running around. If you want to stay in the 1/8 scale, the ZH racing is a nice bike, able to handle much faster speeds while remaining stable. The SB5 will be cheaper to get, you can find them used for 200 or less sometimes, I got mine for 140, the ZH racing is not as easy find on the classifieds sections, so you will most likely need to buy new.
kjohns0n is offline Find More Posts by kjohns0n
Old Jul 17, 2014, 12:07 PM
Joined Mar 2012
15 Posts
Kjohns,

Thanks for the reply. and good advice. i'm still not sure if i want to go up to 1/5 scale or not.
again, thanks for the advice.

utahwestie
utahwestie is offline Find More Posts by utahwestie
Old Jul 17, 2014, 12:56 PM
YOUTUBE - R/C Life Channel
Joined Sep 2010
241 Posts
I thought the same about going to 1/5 scale, but it only took me one time to get hooked. It helped a lot that there were others to race with. As far as solo running goes, I do have more fun with my HOR, smaller areas and 10 scale tracks makes play easy. But the 5th scale is loads of fun.
kjohns0n is offline Find More Posts by kjohns0n
Old Jul 18, 2014, 02:52 PM
Nice
Joined Nov 2008
314 Posts
you can take the 1/5 bike SkyRC
Helicoy is offline Find More Posts by Helicoy
Old Jul 18, 2014, 06:50 PM
RC Dirt Bike Action
California central coast
Joined Feb 2010
1,804 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helicoy View Post
you can take the 1/5 bike SkyRC
skyrc doesn't make a street bike, and its 1/4 scale at that.
JohnnyMc is offline Find More Posts by JohnnyMc