New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 28, 2015, 05:23 AM
Find More Posts by Krissychef
Joined Apr 2015
4 Posts
Help!
Habao pirate mt with mach 28 won't start

Hi.

I have just brought a second hand pirate mt. It won't start. I have checked the glow plug out of the engine and it glows hot. The pull start seemed stiff so I checked the engine to see if it was flooded. Tipped upside down and no fuel came out. When glow plug is out pull start pulls freely. When glow plug is in pull start is tight.

Fuel lines, tank and filter cleaned. Air filter is fucked so took it off just to start it. New one on its was.

Any ideas?
Krissychef is online now Find More Posts by Krissychef
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 29, 2015, 03:49 PM
Find More Posts by txt killer
Joined Apr 2008
706 Posts
Put a couple drops of after run oil in the engine and spin it over a few times and put the plug back in but leave it 1/4 turn loose and try to start it again. If it doesn't fire after several tries put your finger over the exhaust hole to prime the engine. If should fire? If not then you will need to rebuild the carb.
txt killer is offline Find More Posts by txt killer
Old Apr 30, 2015, 05:00 AM
Find More Posts by Krissychef
Joined Apr 2015
4 Posts
Cheers for that. I rebuilt the carb last night and charged the starter fully to try it later. I have seen loosing the glow plug helps with starting it, why is that? It has new glow plug, air filter and starter so really baffled as to why is doesn't start lol
Krissychef is online now Find More Posts by Krissychef
Old Apr 30, 2015, 04:25 PM
Find More Posts by txt killer
Joined Apr 2008
706 Posts
The compression is lower.
txt killer is offline Find More Posts by txt killer