New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 18, 2015, 11:15 PM
Find More Posts by kodiak80
Joined Jan 2015
3 Posts
Discussion
ParkZone P-40 Throttle Problems

Apologies for the cross-post with the ParkFlyers forum, I saw this Micro forum a bit late. I recently received a ParkZone P-40 Micro ParkFlyer and have been having an odd binding problem. After binding to my DX5e, the throttle is maxed out and unresponsive to any control inputs. The other controls appear to be operational (elevator, ailerons, and rudder). Initially I thought it was a problem with the plane, and exchanged it. However, the new plane is exhibiting the same behavior. I have dropped the throttle trim to the lowest setting, however the trim seems to have no effect either. I'm starting to suspect i have a problem with my transmitter.
My very first bind was actually successful with the first plane, and I was able to control throttle an taxi, but I haven't had a success since. Questions to the HorizonHobby have gone unanswered so far, and it looks like this is a discontinued product. Any help would be appreciated. I'm looking forward to flying the plane, but I'd like to have some throttle control!
kodiak80 is offline Find More Posts by kodiak80
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 19, 2015, 03:05 AM
Find More Posts by jiggz
"its not a hobby its obsession
United Kingdom, Meopham
Joined Jul 2014
2,328 Posts
Sounds like your throttle is reversed in the tx reverse the channel and c what happens..
jiggz is offline Find More Posts by jiggz
Old Jan 19, 2015, 10:29 AM
Find More Posts by cmdl
Y=C+I+G
United States, CA, Rosemead
Joined Jan 2012
10,001 Posts
did you try with a new, fully charged lipo?

ps - also, iirc, this one has AS3X. for it, you need to hold the plane absolutely still as soon as you connect the lipo or the AS3X doesn't initialize and the throttle isn't armed.
cmdl is offline Find More Posts by cmdl
Old Jan 19, 2015, 09:05 PM
Find More Posts by kodiak80
Joined Jan 2015
3 Posts
I appreciate the suggestions. Unfortunately my problem still persists. The throttle isn't reversed, and it is not responsive in any way, regardless of how much input I try to apply in either direction. I did fully charge the battery and have tried to make sure the plane is as still as possible. However, it doesn't seem that a lack of arming is the problem. The plane is on full throttle as soon as binding completes. This seems like a pretty bad "fail-open" situation.
kodiak80 is offline Find More Posts by kodiak80
Old Jan 20, 2015, 12:43 AM
Find More Posts by jiggz
"its not a hobby its obsession
United Kingdom, Meopham
Joined Jul 2014
2,328 Posts
When u binded was the throttle in the lower position ...if it was at the top the failsafe will automatically go to full throttle if there is a problem....try rebinding ..
Other than that u need to contact horizon..
I have 1 of these micro p40s and I have had no problems with it...put a post in the parkzone um p40 thread someone may have had a sim prob and may have a positive fix..
Jeff
jiggz is offline Find More Posts by jiggz