New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 30, 2015, 09:28 AM
Find More Posts by magee8578
United States, CO, Evergreen
Joined Jul 2007
298 Posts
Twisted Hobbys 32" MXS-C...more backyard insanity is here!

First flight last night, wow! The MXS is rock solid at slow speeds and very precise thru all speed ranges. I can't believe foam can fly so good.
magee8578 is online now Find More Posts by magee8578
Last edited by magee8578; Apr 30, 2015 at 09:28 AM. Reason: mistake
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 30, 2015, 10:20 PM
Find More Posts by ROLLING CIRCLE
TEAM TWISTED
United States, MD, Middle River
Joined Dec 2011
1,426 Posts
Great news, Magee! Ballistic power and sweet slow handling. That's ideal!

I'm probably a little tail heavy but my packs are usually a 360mah pack. With the 450 I'm neutral or slightly foreward. Slot for the pack is about 1/2" in front of the ail servo. Batt sits longways down the fuse.
ROLLING CIRCLE is offline Find More Posts by ROLLING CIRCLE
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Big Cement Pizza Guy - NEW
Old May 01, 2015, 10:27 AM
Find More Posts by chickenx5
United States, WA, Tacoma
Joined Dec 2006
13 Posts
Hey guys, just built my first MXS-C and had a couple of questions

1 - The pieces of foam that brace the frame ( The long skinny pieces ) "or trusses" I cut the last 3 inches off, and put that up near the motor mount, and i put the rest from the tail forward. However, on other builds ive been looking at i noticed no one else did that.

2 - the manual says to put the clear special tape on stress spots of the aircraft. Where exactly do i put this? It says at the ends of control surfaces so is it basically saying the wing tips to prevent the foam from getting damaged?

thanks for the help!
chickenx5 is offline Find More Posts by chickenx5
Old May 01, 2015, 11:16 AM
Find More Posts by ombudsman
Oklahoma
Joined Sep 2010
1,056 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenx5 View Post
Hey guys, just built my first MXS-C and had a couple of questions

1 - The pieces of foam that brace the frame ( The long skinny pieces ) "or trusses" I cut the last 3 inches off, and put that up near the motor mount, and i put the rest from the tail forward. However, on other builds ive been looking at i noticed no one else did that.

2 - the manual says to put the clear special tape on stress spots of the aircraft. Where exactly do i put this? It says at the ends of control surfaces so is it basically saying the wing tips to prevent the foam from getting damaged?

thanks for the help!
Here's what I did (see pic.) I omitted the nose bracing on the upper side where the battery goes.

The tape reinforcement goes at the outboard ends of the control surface hinge lines. I used blenderm over Welder smeared where the tape goes.
ombudsman is online now Find More Posts by ombudsman
Old May 01, 2015, 11:31 AM
Find More Posts by chickenx5
United States, WA, Tacoma
Joined Dec 2006
13 Posts
nice thank you for the help! Mine looks very similar but i used a bit more length
chickenx5 is offline Find More Posts by chickenx5
Old May 01, 2015, 09:38 PM
Find More Posts by ROLLING CIRCLE
TEAM TWISTED
United States, MD, Middle River
Joined Dec 2011
1,426 Posts
Sorry late to the party but my 2 cents...

I always use the trusses and in general keep them at the front of the fuse. The side of the plane that has no wires allows me to use the whole piece. The side of the plane that get the receiver and esc usually causes me to leave a break in the truss in the middle of the plane. I end the one that cut at the same point where the one that's mounted continuously ends. That leaves me an extra piece about 4 inches long or so. I've experimented with the last piece; using it as an extra truss on top behind the motor mount on top in two pieces or at the tail in four small pieces but I discard sometimes as well.

There's a lot of threads with the Blenderm technique in them ... but in general you need it on rudder, elevator and the ails at both ends of each hinge on the non-beveled side. Apply Welder, Bend the surface slightly. Apply Blenderm and smooth out the glue that's under the tape until it reaches the edges of the tape. Not too much glue and not too little...
ROLLING CIRCLE is offline Find More Posts by ROLLING CIRCLE
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Big Cement Pizza Guy - NEW
Old May 01, 2015, 11:02 PM
Find More Posts by JC Spohr
3D Hack
United States, IL, Glen Carbon
Joined Jul 2010
2,069 Posts
Just finished building my MXS-C about an hour ago.

As usual, I couldn't wait to fly my new twisted plane and out to the cul-de-sac I go at 10:30 pm.

TX on > Connect battery > LED lights on > Throttle up > It's airborne > trim rudder and elevator > Feels pretty good at recommended CG.

Success - another fantastic flying Twisted plane!

Charging ten (10) 3S 460 packs and looking forward to tomorrow.

JC
JC Spohr is offline Find More Posts by JC Spohr
Old Today, 02:41 AM
Find More Posts by benz11
Australia, WA, North Perth
Joined Jan 2014
92 Posts
Hi guys, can anyone tell me what these are? They were included with the control horns. Are they the rudder/elevator servo control arm extensions? Or something else? I cant seem to see them in the .pdf instructions...

Thanks, Ben.
benz11 is offline Find More Posts by benz11
Old Today, 03:58 AM
Find More Posts by jasonille
Germany, RP, KL
Joined Aug 2012
241 Posts
Yes you are right they are the rudder/elevator extensions just use welders or CA and glue them on the top of the servo horn. I used welders and mine have held well over 200+ flights with no problem.
jasonille is offline Find More Posts by jasonille
RCG Plus Member
Old Today, 04:34 AM
Find More Posts by benz11
Australia, WA, North Perth
Joined Jan 2014
92 Posts
Thanks Jasonille! I thought they were, but I didnt want to glue them on now, then find I needed them for something else later in the build!!
benz11 is offline Find More Posts by benz11