Old Jan 28, 2012, 02:47 AM
Find More Posts by mike_o
Denmark, Capital Region of Denmark, Nærum
Joined Jan 2012
1,938 Posts
Careful!
HobbyKing delivery problems?

Hi All,

does anybody else experience delivery problems from HobbyKing? Previously I was one happy customer, but not anymore.

6 out of my 7 latest orders have been hanging for weeks and weeks, whereas previously shipment was fairly swift. I have written to HK about this, but only gotten an un-qualified reply in return.

They do note on their site, that delays can be expected due to Chinese New Year, but all of the other 3 Chinese suppliers I use, still deliver within one or two weeks from order.

I will shortly start reclaiming my payments, as I need the parts and I'm getting worried something bad is behind.

Thanks for your comments

Mike
mike_o is offline Find More Posts by mike_o
Last edited by mike_o; Jan 28, 2012 at 05:08 PM. Reason: typo
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 28, 2012, 05:34 AM
Find More Posts by dr rc
DR RC#1
chatom alabama
Joined Dec 2010
217 Posts
i to am having probs with them if my stuff is not shipped out withen the next week i am going to have to put a claim aginst them and try to recover my money i have had an order pending for 3 weeks now still not shipped usually i have my orders withen 2 weeks of the day i place the order
dr rc is offline Find More Posts by dr rc
Old Jan 28, 2012, 07:12 AM
Find More Posts by Mahu
United States, FL, Fort Walton Beach
Joined Aug 2011
192 Posts
1-800-607-5903 Call them! I did and the person on the other end of the line took my order number and within minutes it was printed in the warehouse and the next day it shipped out. Only had to call them once but I got instant results. Hope you all get your stuff soon.

Cheers,
Mike
Mahu is offline Find More Posts by Mahu
Old Jan 28, 2012, 07:16 AM
Find More Posts by HD Hucker
United States, CA, Victorville
Joined Apr 2009
13 Posts
Same thing here... I use to order on a sunday and have within 1 week (EMS shipping) but my last 4-5 orders have been processing for at least 7 days before they ship. I only order lipos though the US warehouse and get them within 3-5 days since the problems they have had shipping batteries and using sinapore speedpost (snailpost). I think Hobbyking has gotten real big real quick and is having growing pains. hopefully they figure this out and get more staff or something.....
HD Hucker is offline Find More Posts by HD Hucker
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 28, 2012, 08:01 AM
Find More Posts by flyinwalenda
EIEIEIO Classic is dway ta go!
Northeast Pa. .Heyna or No?
Joined Aug 2009
2,261 Posts
I don't order much from them anymore. If anything they are small orders.
My first order sat for 4 weeks before shipping. They show items as stocked but I don't believe that's very accurate and leads to orders sitting and waiting.
There are much better choices out there now than HK.

Plus, this should probably be moved to the vendor section .
flyinwalenda is offline Find More Posts by flyinwalenda
Old Jan 28, 2012, 09:35 AM
Find More Posts by raw111
United States, PA, Bethlehem
Joined Sep 2011
44 Posts
I have been trying to call them to cancel my first and last order. sitting in "print que" since sunday?
raw111 is online now Find More Posts by raw111
Old Jan 28, 2012, 09:46 AM
Find More Posts by Crjplt
United States, GA, Williamson
Joined Dec 2011
1 Posts
I have an order that is in "print que" also they don't I got a phone disconnected message yesterday also I sent a message 5 days ago and is not responded to . This was my first order and maybe my last. I feel uneasy with these people . Live and learn I guess.
Crjplt is offline Find More Posts by Crjplt
Old Jan 28, 2012, 09:50 AM
Find More Posts by Fentonflyers
United States, MO, Fenton
Joined Jan 2012
3,129 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by raw111 View Post
I have been trying to call them to cancel my first and last order. sitting in "print que" since sunday?
I think most all of these were because of the Chinese New Year. I think you will start seeing things move now that it's over. I have an order that has been setting at the HongKong post for 2 weeks. It finally is getting on a plane today. You can't blame them for enjoying their holiday. For me the price outweighs the delays. When I order I just try not to anticipate it too much.
Jay
Fentonflyers is online now Find More Posts by Fentonflyers
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 28, 2012, 11:27 AM
Find More Posts by earlcbrown
United States, CA, Stockton
Joined Jan 2006
373 Posts
I ordered a couple of lipos for my transmitter on 1-6-12 I revived my order on the 1-26-12. Twenty days is not to bad.
Earl
earlcbrown is online now Find More Posts by earlcbrown
Old Jan 28, 2012, 12:46 PM
Find More Posts by rcbobcat55
sailplane nut
Herminie, PA 15637
Joined Apr 2007
233 Posts
Hobbyking shipping

Hello from RCbobcat55. I had a couple of problems with HK one was taking 4 weeks to receive some cf tailbooms for my kit run and the other was an order being duplicated 3 times. Both problems were solved in minutes by a very courteous young man on their help/chat page. Some of the problems are caused by our own silly homeland security people. If i wanted to use a lipo of over a certain size for some illegal use I would just go to my local hobby shop and buy one-completely un traceable. Stupid ,but then what do you expect from a group of politicians who are "trying" to protect us? I think we need protected from them more than from some unseen enemy. anyways, my overall level of satisfaction with HK is good to excellent.Bob M.
rcbobcat55 is online now Find More Posts by rcbobcat55
Old Jan 28, 2012, 01:28 PM
Find More Posts by Jasbrek
Joined Apr 2011
4 Posts
It says on there website that any orders in late Jan wont ship till after feb 1st due to the chinese new year!
Jasbrek is offline Find More Posts by Jasbrek
Old Jan 28, 2012, 05:12 PM
Find More Posts by mike_o
Denmark, Capital Region of Denmark, Nærum
Joined Jan 2012
1,938 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by earlcbrown View Post
I ordered a couple of lipos for my transmitter on 1-6-12 I revived my order on the 1-26-12. Twenty days is not to bad.
Earl
Maybe not for you, but I wouldn't like to go standby for twenty days because of poor delivery.

I do appreciate that shipping from overseas will inherently take longer than from local supplier, but what bothers me is that several other Chinese suppliers continue shipping within a week or two.
mike_o is offline Find More Posts by mike_o
Last edited by mike_o; Jan 28, 2012 at 05:12 PM. Reason: typo
Old Jan 28, 2012, 06:12 PM
Find More Posts by Expresscraft
cocoa, Fla
Joined Jul 2009
275 Posts
get used to it boys the fact they are getting supported at all, is enough reson for us all to get what we have coming, it might take a few years but american hobby shops are done,then it will be the flying feilds and so on and so on,but hey you will have saved a few bucks.
Expresscraft is offline Find More Posts by Expresscraft
Old Jan 29, 2012, 01:37 PM
Find More Posts by 3d astronaut
United States, MI, Kalamazoo
Joined Sep 2011
4,114 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Expresscraft View Post
get used to it boys the fact they are getting supported at all, is enough reson for us all to get what we have coming, it might take a few years but american hobby shops are done,then it will be the flying feilds and so on and so on,but hey you will have saved a few bucks.
Why do you think the flying fields will be gone? If anything, your logic proves there will be more flying fields as the price will be WAY down due to the cheaper electronics available overseas making more the hobby available to more people.
3d astronaut is offline Find More Posts by 3d astronaut
Old Jan 29, 2012, 02:39 PM
Find More Posts by Expresscraft
cocoa, Fla
Joined Jul 2009
275 Posts
not really, tax dollars are paid to local counties bye the businesses there,i turned in sales tax on 500,000.00 in 05' now its gone, one of our local feilds gets questioned all the time, why should a few guys get to use it when 200 kids could play soccer there? sport shops still turn in revenue, also who will get all the new people into the hobby? who will help the new people that do buy? only to find out the product is smarter then them,im not saying this will happen over night,but i can say just a year ago i was covering a airplane,in my shop and one after another guys came in and said wow i always wondered how that was done, the fact is most people buying need help and will not get it,the few that dont and are real hobby guys, are no longer who the hobby is for,you will be lucky to find ca glue when you need it. who wants that to be there hobby?cost wont go down you will have to sit on your own hobby shop just to have what you need,then you will have the same problem shops do, all your profit or money saved will be sitting on the shelf not ever to get used. i just herd graves rc in orlando had there best xmas ever. 400,000.00 in dec lets make a joke and say he cleared 20 percent.after expenses, rule of thumb 15 percent that leaves him a profit of 20,000.00 then figure 4th quarter sales are 40 percent of the year and he is sitting on 1.5 million in inventory (guestamate) it just does not add up, he probably has one of the best stocked shops in the country, and all the little shops are probably doing 20-25 percent of that,all i can say is im glad i sold my inventory,
Expresscraft is offline Find More Posts by Expresscraft