SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 26, 2015, 12:12 AM
Find More Posts by MooSey-UK
Born Again Idiot
United Kingdom, Wiltshire
Joined Jul 2007
446 Posts
Just to refresh this thread....

I was in need of a 4m scale, 4m is a great size for transporting, storing and is just big enough to start to have a good presence in the air. So casting around for a candidate the Royal Models ASW28-18 came to the top of the list. Firstly in it's price range it's fully moulded. Secondly, it doesn't seem to have any competitors in it's range except maybe from Valenta. Now that the budget FlyFly models are creeping into the Ł400 bracket it really was a no brainer. I ordered from Staufenbiel http://www.modellhobby.de/Models/Sai...=20973&p=20973 and wholeheartedly recommend their service.

So out of the (extremely well packed) box impressions? Exceptionally good quality for the money. I thought maybe it would be a bit squashy? Absolutely not. Fuz is very good and wings were beautiful. There is a fairly comprehensive kit bag but most of that got thrown into my spares box.
Here are some relevant build pics. the 28-18 is not a new offering and was designed for sub C Rx packs. I decided to modernize her a little.
MooSey-UK is offline Find More Posts by MooSey-UK
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 26, 2015, 12:19 AM
Find More Posts by MooSey-UK
Born Again Idiot
United Kingdom, Wiltshire
Joined Jul 2007
446 Posts
I've only managed one flight before I had to head off for my 6 week work tour
However the maiden was a non event. She flys exactly as a 4m scale ship should. Landing was a breeze. The airbrakes really bite hard and she just stopped and floated down.
I used Royal Models most aft C of G but need to bring it back more as she's still nose heavy.
I'm really looking forward to getting home and ripping her in a good blow on the slope. The wings and massive steel joiner suggest that's exactly what she was born for

So if you are in the market for something between the budget Chinese offerings or the desirable but expensive Euro scale ships check out one of these. The quality exceeded my expectations and the build is very simple. I took my time, fettled everything and hope she will provide good service for some time.
MooSey-UK is offline Find More Posts by MooSey-UK