SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Yesterday, 12:30 PM
Find More Posts by Doc Austin
TEAM EXTREME FLIGHT
USA, FL, Largo
Joined Dec 2005
18,444 Posts
I signed up for the email restock notification on the Laser and I'll post here when I get it.

My current Laser has been a superb airplane. I built it from the beginning to use Hitec's new 7.4 volt servos, and those dropped right in with no modification. Of course, since I used an HS5087 on the elevator I had to modify that, but I plan to use a 5070MH on the next one, and that won't require any modification.

As far as power systems, I am not even going to worry about the new Torque motor because the old Torque motor is still kicking and hauling ass. Along with that I will use the Airboss ESC and a Castle 10 amp BEC set to 7.4 volts.

I am also going to keep using the racing wing tips from the 48" MXS. Initially I started playing around with them just because they look so cool, and then kind of lost interest in the because they tame the plane down a little too much. I tried them again on the laser because the color matched so well, and I learned how to fly the plane a little differently to take advantage of the tip's added stability and fly around that when I wanted the plane to span or spin violently. I still don't have it completely figured out, but I am getting there and it's simply another good challenge.
Doc Austin is online now Find More Posts by Doc Austin
to remove ads between posts