SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 18, 2015, 04:03 AM
Find More Posts by Phaedra
An unexpected error occurred
Belgium, Flemish Region, Duffel
Joined Apr 2012
945 Posts
I raked my landing gear forward, and then moved the landing gear wells in the wing to better accomodate the gear and wheels when retracted.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=5827
Phaedra is offline Find More Posts by Phaedra
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 18, 2015, 09:11 AM
Find More Posts by paladin-34
This area for rent
Vestal, NY
Joined May 2006
1,057 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by capteasy View Post
Joe- it has fuel tube spacers under the area you mentioned. I've flown it several times over the past year or so. Some landings are textbook - flaps and no flaps. However, maybe 50% are unexpected nose overs, accounting for 3 replacement stock spinners.... argh.

Charley - Most of my landings include flaps both half and full depending on wind conditions.

My real only concern about the gear was the fact it looks weak, however it does seem to be holding up pretty well.

I think the best solution I've found concerning nosing over is shifting CG aft by shifting the battery. Lands a little slower too.

Thanks,

Dick
when I bought mine I was at a model flying field where they planted the grass they put on golf greens. it never needed meowing because it never went over 2 inches and a very fine grass. my pz me109 could land on the wheels there very well. the hurri with only a 1/16 shim also had no problems. the club im at now is just what grows there and they mow it to 4in for the retirees during the week. by the time the weekend is here im lucky if its only 5 in tall so the hurri has not been flown in a while (2 years). I keep intending to bump up the shim but know it will make no difference.

also start to move the battery back say 1/2 inch at a time. I always flew mine with the battery as aft as I could get it. same with the pz me109.

but if you are breaking spinners the nose overs are happening right after touchdown. that's the struts bending on touchdown. what is the size of your strut? 3, 3.5, 4mm I don't remember what mine are, though my notes say do not touch down with a negative AoA (that is typical strut is to small for the wt of the plane).

Joe
paladin-34 is offline Find More Posts by paladin-34
Last edited by paladin-34; Jun 18, 2015 at 03:05 PM.
Old Jun 18, 2015, 01:37 PM
Find More Posts by mtfly
United States, MI, Grand Rapids
Joined Feb 2013
510 Posts
Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor123 View Post
Did you ever try the lemon receiver?
I put in an Orange stabilizer V3 receiver and it was fantastic! Really smoothed out the flight without taking the fun out of it. Got lucky I guess because set up was incredibly simple. After turning the gains up to check for proper correction, I turned them down until tests felt similar to how my eflite P-51 behaves with AS3X. (I just rotated both planes on all the axis to get a feel for it)

Take off was very smooth. Gear up. Climb. Holding breath on the first turn because there is always a chance you got your gyro corrections wrong. (with my 6 channel radio gyro is always on if you have flaps/gear) Right away I knew I had it dialed in It didn't change maneuverability -- just subtly smoothed out the ride. You still have the challenge of judging crosswinds and knowing when to deploy flaps - half or full - and when to drop gear. But once lined up it cruised right in... Sweet! And with all my battles and repairs my Hurri is my Millennium Falcon. The orange stabilizer just gave it new life. Very pleased.
mtfly is online now Find More Posts by mtfly
Old Jul 10, 2015, 01:45 PM
Find More Posts by mtfly
United States, MI, Grand Rapids
Joined Feb 2013
510 Posts
Great day!

Best flying weather of the season thus far! 73 degrees and no wind. My "Millennium Falcon" Hurricane has been through hell and back but now has new life thanks to orange stabilizer. I've really been pushing it through its paces now that I nail landings consistently. Super fast! Super fun! Great day at the field. Love this old plane May never get to use my NIB spare
mtfly is online now Find More Posts by mtfly