HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 14, 2015, 04:26 PM
Staying 3 mistakes high!
United States, GA, Lilburn
Joined May 2011
130 Posts
help needed

I'm rebuilding my GC after a BAD crash and I discovered I'm missing one of my motor mounts. I thought I was so careful collecting all the parts to reuse but I came up one short. Does anyone have a spare motor mount they'ed be willing to sell me?
Fei Hu is offline Find More Posts by Fei Hu
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 16, 2015, 01:53 AM
3D Printed RC Planes
Joined Nov 2014
27 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fei Hu View Post
I'm rebuilding my GC after a BAD crash and I discovered I'm missing one of my motor mounts. I thought I was so careful collecting all the parts to reuse but I came up one short. Does anyone have a spare motor mount they'ed be willing to sell me?

You can have one of mine, or i can 3D Print you a custom one. My motors kept falling off(coming free of the foam), so I designed ones that have some tabs that go back into the foam and keep it way more secure.

Send me a PM with your ZIP and I'll give you a quote for either.
rbwood is offline Find More Posts by rbwood
Old Feb 22, 2015, 10:27 AM
United States, NJ, Newark
Joined Feb 2013
360 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gchrisgo34 View Post
heres what I have in my GC. I have the version 1, gyro in mine. but id rather have the version2 that ive posted. version2, allows you to turn it on/off during flight. im not sure, but I believe I have the 45mm spinner ive posted. but id rather have the 48mm. it appears to be longer & more scale looking. it was out of stock when I placed my order. but both of those spinners will fit the motors shafts that I have posted. 5mm. they are also the nicest spinners ive ever seen. very well made. and I didn't have to balance mine. but everything except the servo reverser/slow down module is in stock. hope this helps. id like to see others use the mods that ive posted.
I'm a little confuse about something being reading the tread from the being to get up to speed. I have GC bought 2 month and just taken out the box want to do a airbrush paint job on it first tried of blue.

My question is that you mention upgrading the motor. Other then the size what is the advantage of using the turning motor both are rate at 1100k at lease the one I have.

No need to reply I figure this out, I did the math and see why you went with this motor it works on 7.4- 14.8v for one and with higher voltage you'll get more rpm out of this motor.
SmokeNGun is offline Find More Posts by SmokeNGun
Last edited by SmokeNGun; Feb 22, 2015 at 09:58 PM.
Old Mar 22, 2015, 10:20 AM
United States, TX, College Station
Joined Jan 2015
4 Posts
Do u guys know any better retract gear. Other than stock. I got the stock retract gear stuck after two fly. Need a better one to replace
happywing is online now Find More Posts by happywing
Old Mar 23, 2015, 07:08 PM
Augermeister
United States, TX, Keller
Joined Jul 2011
3,043 Posts
Yeah, the Dynam are notoriously not the best.

Check out PW-RC. http://www.pw-rc.com/index.php/cPath...56b70d9205f141

Phillip has quite a selection of heavier duty retracts. Check the length you want , mounting hole pattern and rod dia. I would say you may want to look at metal trunnions with at 4mm dia hole.

-Hawk
dahawk47 is online now Find More Posts by dahawk47