HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 21, 2006, 11:57 AM
Engineer for Christ
Amherst, VA
Joined Jun 2006
10,343 Posts
Question
Places to fly other than Sagamore?

Are there any other places to fly other than Sagamore Hills? Also, I was looking to get into Li-po batteries. Any suggestions on good value 3 cells? My Typhoon only runs at 15 amps maximum. How about a suggestion for a good 400 in-runner?

Thanks,

-Alex
IBCrazy is offline Find More Posts by IBCrazy
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 21, 2006, 12:25 PM
Cleveland Ohio
Cleveland Ohio
Joined Jan 2006
244 Posts
If you live in bedford there is only one real choice.
There is the ama club, Cleveland RC Club whose site is off of Granger on a land fill. This is at I480, i77 and rt 17. In the morning the only thing really flying is foamies. It is oprganized, good freq control, and a shaded sitting area.

They also sponsor the Dome for indoor flying. They have leads to get anything at wholesale price from hobbylobby and greatplanes catalogue. Lot of experienced flyers. Try CommonSense for batteries. As for inrunner, really start with the plane and how many watts you need. I have megas, rc warp4, and eflite series 6 motors. all different but all 400. Kirk at RC Creations is a good source of info.

write me off line if you want more answers.

Dr Bill Snow
wsnowfall is offline Find More Posts by wsnowfall
Old Jun 21, 2006, 01:16 PM
one game away...
Willoughby, Ohio
Joined Apr 2004
3,891 Posts
If you're flying smaller electric stuff (appx. GWS sized) any local schoolyard/park will do as long as you feel there's adequate space and you're not flying over anybody. Timing is everything as soccer, baseball and softball currently rule the day. Football is just around the corner. We time our flying at Osborne Park to coincide with the ending of soccer practice, about 7:30PM.

Matt
PerfectStranger is offline Find More Posts by PerfectStranger
Old Jun 21, 2006, 03:06 PM
United States, OH, Strongsville
Joined Nov 2000
2,697 Posts
Is it time to put together another group LiPo purchase?
I know that I need 6 of 3s2100 packs.
Vince
Vince Herman is offline Find More Posts by Vince Herman
Old Jun 23, 2006, 10:11 AM
I Crash Things!!
Euclid, Ohio
Joined Apr 2006
146 Posts
Not that the weather and my business has let me do much flying lately, but you could always come to my flying field! It is in Euclid, it's city property and at intersection of Euclid Ave and East 222nd Street, behind the convenience store and McDonalds. Google aerial view attached. I see SaulOhio there sometimes.
romranger is offline Find More Posts by romranger