1 Posts
Question
Anderson M5

Hi there guys,
I'm fairly new to the RC world,
Only had a few throughout my time..
Being a lover of motocross I figured why not get a RC motocross bike

I received it the other day,
My question is simply, why is the motor sparking, is it supposed to spark?

I didn't buy the bike brand new, but it has only been used on a handful of occasions

Hope someone could shed some light

Many thanks
Jamie.
bazbazbazbaz is offline Find More Posts by bazbazbazbaz
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 26, 2013, 01:49 PM
United Kingdom, England, Ware
Joined Aug 2012
169 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bazbazbazbaz View Post
Hi there guys,
I'm fairly new to the RC world,
Only had a few throughout my time..
Being a lover of motocross I figured why not get a RC motocross bike

I received it the other day,
My question is simply, why is the motor sparking, is it supposed to spark?

I didn't buy the bike brand new, but it has only been used on a handful of occasions

Hope someone could shed some light

Many thanks
Jamie.
Jamie
Without more detail bit hard to comment but if there are only two wires going into the motor that is the standard brushed motor so could well be the brushes or dirty communtor .Sometimes you can get replacement brushes but is also recommended to clean up the communtor so perhaps a new motor is the way and they are not that expensive
If it has three wires then that is the brushless upgraded motor and another story if sparking so perhaps a replacement is the answer but check the leads etc to make sure not just a bad connuction
Unsure how you are finding the counter steering set up but an excellent article can be found at the bottom of this page from R C Dirt Bike Action

http://www.rcdirtbikeaction.com/category/garage/tips/

Lots of help here if required and if you go through the pages of this forum you will find a long thread on just the M5
Perhaps put your area details along with your name and there may be someone close to you who could help by looking at bike

Have fun
Jim
Jimob23 is offline Find More Posts by Jimob23
Old Jan 26, 2013, 01:57 PM
United Kingdom, England, Ware
Joined Aug 2012
169 Posts
Jamie

There is the link to the dedicated M5 thread and also the 'search' facility can sometimes be a help

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1053429

Cheers
Jimob23 is offline Find More Posts by Jimob23