HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 31, 2012, 08:47 AM
Kit Manufacturer
United States, MA, Southbridge
Joined Feb 2010
3,478 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhark37 View Post
Turbo, where do you have the battery located for slow, living room flight?

Thanks, John
I found mine balances a the recommended CG with the battery connector slid back to just about the front of the brick
coreman is offline Find More Posts by coreman
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 31, 2012, 10:27 AM
UK, Bedworth
Joined Apr 2004
2,569 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboRacer View Post
I can't imaging how slow the Vapor is if you guys are saying the MV is faster!! I can fly the MV so slow in my house. I can't imagine going any slower! hahaha
I'll post a video of the Vapor and MV flying in the same space so you can see the difference.

On flight no 4 the motor started pulsing at 4:15 despite me just pootling around but I was flying at about 10 degrees Centigrade.

Just flown it in my hobby room which is 8' 6x 13' which is tight but doable for short flights as the turbulence builds up. I've also flown the std vapor in there but it was quite claustrophobic.

So maybe the MV has a slight edge in small rooms but I still prefer the original.

IMHO if you don't have a vapor yet and its a choice between the night vapor or the mini then I thing the mini is better but the best of the lot is the original .

Terry
Terry Rigden is offline Find More Posts by Terry Rigden
Old Dec 31, 2012, 11:21 AM
Indianapolis, IN
Joined Oct 2010
1,864 Posts
There is no way I could fly my night vapor in the same space as my MV. That is worth the price for me. This was marketed and made to fly indoors in very tight spaces. I think it is really unfair to compare two planes that were made for different purposes, it would be like comparing the micro T28 and the larger version saying that the micro is horrible for not being able to fly in as much wind.

I think this little thing does what it is supposed to do beautifully, this is all just my opinion of course
IndyMatt is offline Find More Posts by IndyMatt
Old Dec 31, 2012, 02:51 PM
This thing runs real nice...
Joined Jun 2012
271 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboparker View Post
Read the manual.

Joel

I think you'll find the Accucel 6 & Accucel 8 don't always come with instruction manuals - mine didn't.
Nam Lemmi is offline Find More Posts by Nam Lemmi
Old Dec 31, 2012, 03:53 PM
UK, Bedworth
Joined Apr 2004
2,569 Posts
Gents

Here is a video comparing the flying speed of the Original Mk 1 vapor (no lights) and the mini.

vapors (1 min 25 sec)

Oh and has anyone looped the mini yet ? when I tried it got over the top then went into an shallow inverted dive - not good.

Terry
Old Dec 31, 2012, 03:58 PM
Rocket Programmer
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,386 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Rigden View Post
Gents

Here is a video comparing the flying speed of the Original Mk 1 vapor (no lights) and the mini.

Oh and has anyone looped the mini yet ? when I tried it got over the top then went into an shallow inverted dive - not good.

Terry
Mine does that too, it won't quite get over the top of the loop. In the video, I think the old Vapor is moving slower, but due to the larger size it requires more maneuvering to keep from hitting the walls. That's what it looks like anyway... but they are very close.
jasmine2501 is offline Find More Posts by jasmine2501
Old Dec 31, 2012, 04:01 PM
UK, Bedworth
Joined Apr 2004
2,569 Posts
Yes I think the old one is slower and I'm more relaxed flying it but I have over 400 flights on the old one vs 8 on the mini.

Terry
Old Dec 31, 2012, 04:13 PM
Kit Manufacturer
Joined Feb 2010
3,478 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nam Lemmi View Post
I think you'll find the Accucel 6 & Accucel 8 don't always come with instruction manuals - mine didn't.
Most manuals are on the manufacturer's support website. If you search in RCG you will generally find the PDF as well

Accucel 6
accucell 8
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 31, 2012, 04:27 PM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
11,636 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhark37 View Post
Turbo, where do you have the battery located for slow, living room flight?

Thanks, John
Jhark,

For the best super-slow high-alpha performance, I mount my Hyp 70s nearly all the way back, oriented N-S. I mount the factory 30s about an inch or so further forward, still oriented N-S. In both cases, the connector faces aft. However, I move the battery to wherever it needs to be to provided the flight-characteristics I'm looking for at the moment. Forward a bit for flying circuits up-on-the-wing, and aft for flying high-alpha figure-eights in the living room.

BTW - aside from using the recommended CG for the maiden, I do not concern myself with the actual CG location on any of my planes. I simply adjust the CG to suit the flight-conditions & the style of flying I wish to do.

Just fly the plane & experiment. Moving the CG forward increases stall-speed & decreases maneuverability. Moving the CG aft decreases stall-speed and improves maneuverability.

Joel
turboparker is offline Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 31, 2012, 04:34 PM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
11,636 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nam Lemmi View Post
It is extremely simple to find them online. I fully expect that anyone who can find RCG should be able to do a simple 5-second web-search.

Joel
turboparker is offline Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 31, 2012, 05:46 PM
Kit Manufacturer
Joined Feb 2010
3,478 Posts
Quote:
It is extremely simple to find them online. I fully expect that anyone who can find RCG should be able to do a simple 5-second web-search.

Joel
You got the time about right. Took longer to put the links in my post
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 31, 2012, 06:01 PM
This thing runs real nice...
Joined Jun 2012
271 Posts
Quote:

Joel

Yes Joel I am well aware of that!!!

Personally I think the Accucel 6 & 8 are great little chargers and very easy to use -but some newcomers to the hobby may not know where to start.
Nam Lemmi is offline Find More Posts by Nam Lemmi
Old Jan 01, 2013, 03:52 AM
Have fun
Joined May 2007
6,088 Posts
Had an issue landing on tables. The lg would bend too much on touch down and hit the prop on the table. Doesn't hurt performance but sounds ugly. I took the tiniest black thread I could find, and tied it between the struts where they meet the wheels, I gave it a little slack to allow the gear to bend but tighten tup before the prop hits.
airpower is offline Find More Posts by airpower
Old Jan 01, 2013, 04:21 AM
Joined Jul 2008
25 Posts
I have yet to loop my MV cleanly going up, however if you do an outside loop (full down) it appears to pull it off well and in hardly any air space at all!
GKinTN is offline Find More Posts by GKinTN
Old Jan 01, 2013, 06:54 AM
Flyr John in Floyd VA
United States, VA, Floyd
Joined Nov 2007
535 Posts
Cg

Many thanks for the helpful replies to my question.

Happy New Year and Happy Flyin' !

John
jhark37 is offline Find More Posts by jhark37