HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 04, 2012, 01:16 AM
Joined Apr 2012
5 Posts
Discussion
How to make ortho corrected geotiff from aerial image

Hello,

I have an aerial image, and some parameters of the camera settings and it is calibration.
Now I need an Ortho corrected geotiff created from it, does any one has an idea how to do this by programming?
Is there an open source software that does this?

Any help is much appreciated.
abdallaramadan is offline Find More Posts by abdallaramadan
Last edited by abdallaramadan; May 05, 2012 at 05:30 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old May 04, 2012, 12:06 PM
Joined Nov 2010
8 Posts
If you have not already, create a world file from your image data and name it the same as your .jpg but with a .jgw extension and place it in the same directory as your .jpg. Then use GDAL's gdal_translate utility (open source) to generate a TIFF from your JPEG and world file.

-Mark
MkFlyer is offline Find More Posts by MkFlyer
Old May 04, 2012, 07:28 PM
dronemapper.com UAV GIS
Joined Apr 2012
4 Posts
Mark has good advice, you can also check out the open source tool named 'Palentier'
It works with a Mikrokopter and GPX files.
dronemapper is offline Find More Posts by dronemapper
Old May 05, 2012, 02:37 AM
Joined Apr 2012
5 Posts
Thank you very much, I will try both and report.
abdallaramadan is offline Find More Posts by abdallaramadan