HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 18, 2014, 11:09 PM
United States, TX, Hidalgo
Joined Jun 2006
167 Posts
Thanks guys , i,ll try , but how much on the throws?
equus is online now Find More Posts by equus
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 19, 2014, 06:35 PM
FPV Dealer,Getting People High
United States, CA, Arcadia
Joined Sep 2011
973 Posts
Hey guys here is the unboxing video for the new popwing sport. I will be doing the flight review for this plane this week so look out for the video the following week. I was involved in the development of this wing and made a few changes to the previous versions.

I have also starting stocking the Arf versions on my website also. www.team-legit.com and as you guys know I'm the guy who builds and sell the insanely fast mini popwings which are also on the website.

Thanks

Tech One Sport Popwing:
Tech One Sport Popwing (5 min 6 sec)
Johnnymeg is online now Find More Posts by Johnnymeg
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 19, 2014, 10:07 PM
The flying snake
United States, CO, Thornton
Joined Sep 2013
903 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnymeg View Post
Hey guys here is the unboxing video for the new popwing sport. I will be doing the flight review for this plane this week so look out for the video the following week. I was involved in the development of this wing and made a few changes to the previous versions.

I have also starting stocking the Arf versions on my website also. www.team-legit.com and as you guys know I'm the guy who builds and sell the insanely fast mini popwings which are also on the website.

Thanks

Tech One Sport Popwing: http://youtu.be/kpKsZaTCTXc
Really? Can you explain why there are no upper supports for that atrocity of a motor mount? Both on my sport wings had the motor mount snap in HALF in flight!!! And that battery door was an absolute waste! The balsa used in this build was terribly weak. Not to mention the lever that moves the pin broke on both, the exact same way!! I am not a novice to the popwings as I have 4 of them . 600mm, 2 900mm, and the 1300mm. I think I have the experience to back it up.
My other popwings have been utterly destroyed and the motor mounts were NEVER damaged. I have sent emails to techone and to nitroplanes, but have had no response, as I expected. I was a popwing advocate for the longest time but this new one feels like a step back. No where near as polished.Seems like this one should have been the first version.
Grandpa strap is online now Find More Posts by Grandpa strap
Old Aug 19, 2014, 11:48 PM
Tree hopper
United States, TN, Dresden
Joined Sep 2013
2,554 Posts
I found something better myself: Assassin--http://www.crashtesthobby.com/assassin-37.html no breaking here.
gabe221 is online now Find More Posts by gabe221
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Welcome to my blog!
Old Aug 20, 2014, 01:35 AM
The flying snake
Joined Sep 2013
903 Posts
I had looked at the assassin, but I loved my popwings so much I thought the sport had to be better. Boy was I wrong
Old Aug 20, 2014, 03:24 AM
FPV Dealer,Getting People High
United States, CA, Arcadia
Joined Sep 2011
973 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandpa strap View Post
Really? Can you explain why there are no upper supports for that atrocity of a motor mount? Both on my sport wings had the motor mount snap in HALF in flight!!! And that battery door was an absolute waste! The balsa used in this build was terribly weak. Not to mention the lever that moves the pin broke on both, the exact same way!! I am not a novice to the popwings as I have 4 of them . 600mm, 2 900mm, and the 1300mm. I think I have the experience to back it up.
My other popwings have been utterly destroyed and the motor mounts were NEVER damaged. I have sent emails to techone and to nitroplanes, but have had no response, as I expected. I was a popwing advocate for the longest time but this new one feels like a step back. No where near as polished.Seems like this one should have been the first version.

Im sorry about the issues with your popwing sport. Im not the manufacturer, just some one who gets to do the reviews. I flew the first prototype and i asked for a few changes. including the battery box being ditched and going with a velcro strap. I also wanted to see an aluminum motor mount. Unfortunately they didn't listen. I will Relay the info again and hopefully they can make a few revisions.
Johnnymeg is online now Find More Posts by Johnnymeg
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 20, 2014, 04:51 AM
Callsign: Zulu
Somewhere in the skies!
Joined Feb 2011
531 Posts
Johnnymeg, do an unbiased review please! I liked your other reviews on the PW's.
Stuka_99 is offline Find More Posts by Stuka_99
Old Aug 20, 2014, 10:11 AM
The flying snake
Joined Sep 2013
903 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnymeg View Post
Im sorry about the issues with your popwing sport. Im not the manufacturer, just some one who gets to do the reviews. I flew the first prototype and i asked for a few changes. including the battery box being ditched and going with a velcro strap. I also wanted to see an aluminum motor mount. Unfortunately they didn't listen. I will Relay the info again and hopefully they can make a few revisions.
Sorry man I am just sad that the new wing sucked. You seem to have the same issues as I did. Didnt mean to unload all over ya!