HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Today, 01:47 PM
United States, NJ, Laurel Springs
Joined Oct 2007
223 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty10 View Post
That only prevents cogging from a stopped motor. It won't have any affect on this issue.

You're right. I have my throttle cut/idle up on a single switch which keeps the motor spinning too.
jrwilliams27 is offline Find More Posts by jrwilliams27
to remove ads between posts
Old Today, 01:49 PM
Joined Oct 2007
223 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty10 View Post
Slowly running up the stick does not put the load on it like slamming the sticks does. The ESC on slow acceleration is the same as your moving the sticks slowly. I would normally agree with Aero here but if your using even a 16x8 prop this should not be the cause.

All the test you did won't tell you if the windings have a bare spot that are close but not touching. High current can jump the void on hard accelerations. You might need to look even closer at the motor for damage.

I'm going to switch it out to the old Airboss ESC after a couple of other tries, and see if the motor acts the same way. If so, the motor has to be the culprit.
Old Today, 01:51 PM
Team Extreme Flight, JR, BandE
Georgetown, IN
Joined Dec 2003
1,857 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrwilliams27 View Post
I'm going to switch it out to the old Airboss ESC after a couple of other tries, and see if the motor acts the same way. If so, the motor has to be the culprit.
Have you tried resetting the ESC to factory default settings?
Jeff
jwilliamsrc is online now Find More Posts by jwilliamsrc
Old Today, 01:52 PM
Not as Good as The Kid
South Pasadena, FL
Joined Sep 2009
6,400 Posts
Quote:
I thought about a voltage sag too. However, I was using brand new 6s 3700 lipos (switched to make sure I didn't get a new-bad pack), and the reliable 16x7 Xoar. I've used this prop for hundreds of flights on the Torque without a problem. I'm about to swap the prop for a 15x6 to see if the Talon doesn't like the 16x7 for some reason, but it 'should' work fine…
Talon on 6S with a 16x7 PJN should never give you a problem.

If you don't have any extra wire length on the source-side, and the solder joints on the connector are good, then something's not right with the ESC (IMO). I've re-soldered connectors trying to figure out timing issues with high loads, but I've never seen issues with Talons, and my flying buddy hammers his on the MXS with a 16x8 on 6S. My next step would be to check the solder joints.
Aeroplayin is online now Find More Posts by Aeroplayin
RCG Plus Member
Old Today, 02:12 PM
Joined Oct 2007
223 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwilliamsrc View Post
Have you tried resetting the ESC to factory default settings?

Jeff

Resetting was my final test; which I just did. After resetting it works great! I don't know what phantom setting of change could've done what it did (especially since all I did was change the BEC voltage until tech-support instructed otherwise), but I'm glad it works!

She's ready to go… finally!

P.S. Jeff, B&E allowed me to use some of your awesomeness on mine. Hope it's ok. ;-)Name: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408734733.241293.jpg
Views: 37
Size: 307.6 KB
Description: Name: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408734756.088688.jpg
Views: 24
Size: 291.5 KB
Description:
Old Today, 02:18 PM
United States, CA, Heber
Joined Sep 2012
1,310 Posts
Quote:
Resetting was my final test; which I just did. After resetting it works great! I don't know what phantom setting of change could've done what it did (especially since all I did was change the BEC voltage until tech-support instructed otherwise), but I'm glad it works!

P.S. Jeff, B&E allowed me to use some of your awesomeness on mine. Hope it's ok. ;-)Attachment 7036645Attachment 7036647
That looks killer!
jk6672 is offline Find More Posts by jk6672
Old Today, 02:38 PM
3D Sunset Flier
PHX
Joined Jun 2008
3,949 Posts
Quote:

P.S. Jeff, B&E allowed me to use some of your awesomeness on mine. Hope it's ok. ;-)Attachment 7036645Attachment 7036647
Niiiiice!

Buzzed is offline Find More Posts by Buzzed
Old Today, 03:30 PM
3D? I only got two thumbs!
United States, MA
Joined Jul 2012
1,144 Posts
Quote:

Looks nice! I've got the same talon/torque combo ready to put in my edge, so I'm glad to hear how you worked it out.
AeroKen is online now Find More Posts by AeroKen
Old Today, 03:37 PM
Joined Oct 2007
223 Posts
Thanks guys for the help and compliments. It turned out great!
Old Today, 05:03 PM
Wherever you go there you are
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Nov 2011
8,402 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio AV8TOR View Post
Not much damage considering
Yes, true. I've had worse damage from lower mishaps.
7oneWo1f is offline Find More Posts by 7oneWo1f
Old Today, 05:41 PM
Wherever you go there you are
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Nov 2011
8,402 Posts
Rethought this post. It was a funny support story...but it has to wait ... sorry.
7oneWo1f is offline Find More Posts by 7oneWo1f
Last edited by 7oneWo1f; Today at 05:47 PM.
Old Today, 07:58 PM
Wingman II
United States, KY, Louisville
Joined Sep 2011
1,239 Posts
I wanted to invite anyone that can come next weekend to our 3D Throw Down. Aug 30th. Extreme Flight's own Jeff Williams will be CD'ing and it's sure to be a fun time with prizes, a lot of flying , and a lot of food. Raffle prizes are mounting up at well over $1000. If you want more information. Please visit the website or you can PM me. We have pre-registration available online and camping is encouraged Friday and/or Saturday night. It's advertised as a Saturday event, but we will encourage people to come early and stay as long as you want. Many, including myself will be there most of the weekend.
diggity2424 is offline Find More Posts by diggity2424