HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Today, 04:32 PM
Yin & Yang
United States, VA, Sterling
Joined Jul 2011
3,725 Posts
Unless your beating it into the ground you won't be wearing it out this year. EF planes are tough!
Liberty10 is online now Find More Posts by Liberty10
to remove ads between posts
Old Today, 04:42 PM
Fly it 'till it breaks.
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined May 2011
626 Posts
So long as your equipment holds up! I think the worst thing that's happened to my edge from flying hard was ripping a few aileron hinges. I managed to rip the rudder off too, but that was from taking a roller as low as it'll go, haha. Still bummed I didn't have that on video. These planes are tough as nails!
Motojunk is offline Find More Posts by Motojunk
Old Today, 05:16 PM
United States, IL, Glenwood
Joined Nov 2013
486 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motojunk View Post
So long as your equipment holds up! I think the worst thing that's happened to my edge from flying hard was ripping a few aileron hinges. I managed to rip the rudder off too, but that was from taking a roller as low as it'll go, haha. Still bummed I didn't have that on video. These planes are tough as nails!
Well that's good. I think this winter I will replace all the hinges with dubro pin type. As maintanence and piece of mind. And proably up grade the servos to the new high voltage ones. I could put these in one of my E-flight turds. I have the HS-65 mg and 85 mg now. No proablems they are fine but at this rate I will have about 300 to 400 flights by the end of November on this little knife edge spinning and lomcovak machine.
Gregertman is offline Find More Posts by Gregertman
Old Today, 07:35 PM
Pro Bro #1963
Joined Mar 2004
763 Posts
There's honestly no need to butcher up the plane to put in hinges......that is unless they start breaking on you. You should be fine for hundreds of flights.
flygilmore is online now Find More Posts by flygilmore
Old Today, 09:13 PM
United States, LA, Walker
Joined Jan 2014
62 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flygilmore View Post
When they get low on a certain plane, the site will say out of stock so as not to sell too many overnight or on weekends. They very well may still have a couple left.
I got my heart broke this morning. I called EF and there out of stock on the edge and the extra, They said maybe the end of September before there back in stock. I'm thinking of getting the 48'' laser now.
Tippit is online now Find More Posts by Tippit
Old Today, 09:24 PM
TEAM EXTREME FLIGHT
USA, FL, Largo
Joined Dec 2005
16,628 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tippit View Post
I got my heart broke this morning. I called EF and there out of stock on the edge and the extra, They said maybe the end of September before there back in stock. I'm thinking of getting the 48'' laser now.
The MXS is an outstanding alternative for the Extra, though the Laser is too. If you want something really different, try the Yak.
Doc Austin is online now Find More Posts by Doc Austin
Old Today, 09:29 PM
Pro Bro #1963
Joined Mar 2004
763 Posts
Well, sorry to hear! If your flying season is winding down and you can go ahead and get the Laser flying within a week or so it could be some valuable air time. Later, if funds allow, you could have the Edge and 2 EXPs flying.
If you can fly all year long and don't mind waiting you can get the Edge when its back in stock. Or, you could just go right to the 60" Edge!

The 48" Laser will not disapoint however if you decide to go that way. Let us know what you do.....
Good luck!
Old Today, 09:38 PM
3D? I only got two thumbs!
United States, MA
Joined Jul 2012
1,144 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tippit View Post
The laser is an awesome plane, you wouldn't regret getting it. I've been thoroughly enjoying mine.
AeroKen is online now Find More Posts by AeroKen
Old Today, 09:46 PM
Joined Jan 2014
62 Posts
Now Docs got me thinking about the mxs! I really do like that green.
I'm going to do some looking around and see what I can find, but I'll definitely let y'all know what I Get.
Old Today, 09:50 PM
Pro Bro #1963
Joined Mar 2004
763 Posts
If you're thinking green, that's the 64" MXS!
The 48" MXS comes in RWB or WB and Charcoal the last time I was looking at them which has been quite a while.
Old Today, 09:55 PM
Joined Jan 2014
62 Posts
Yea, that's right. I Really like that blue and white too!