Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Aug 29, 2012, 07:37 AM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,124 Posts
If you like the micro beast, but don't want to spend the money get one of the beast clones. HB800 $60, VCTRC $79
mhills51 is online now Find More Posts by mhills51
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 02, 2012, 01:00 PM
Joined Apr 2011
221 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busher View Post
The head does not bind as such but pitch ranges of +/-26 degs and cyclic of 18 degs seems excessive, that is with the radio (dx8) set at 100% and the gyro settings at their nominal 80% throws, these I have to reduce to around 30% to get something realistic. This is with a 12.5 mm servo ball link measurement

I normally shoot for +/- 10 degs pitch and 8 degs cyclic, these figures seem to work well with the gyro on my other heli's so was moving that way with the 250gt. I just wondered if people had excessively reduced the throws in the gyro or their radio's to achieve a setting that was flyable. I will be going through my settings again tomorrow to see if I can get some improvement. but any pointer would be appreciated.
Well I moved the ball into 10.05mm on all cyclic servo's and re did the setup, the throws were still excessive, but i set the pitch throw down to 40% for +12.0 / -12 and the cyclic throws down to 60% for +12.5 / - 12.5 cyclic, and went for a fly.

The maiden went pretty good, though the first slight with the HK250 fbl head was interesting. The tail gain was excessively high at 60% and made the model difficult to fly or control. this resulted in pulling hold and letting the heli fall from 10 feet and land heavily but with no damage. Second take off with reduced tail gain to 40% showed promise, reduced to 32..5% and all is well.
The zyx-s performed flawlessly and pre reducing the main gains (d) setting to 10 seemed to work. within 2 mins of flying the heli was flying like a big one loops and rolls and flips were very good. I reckon there is playing with gain values to improve the tail even more. but I don't really expect much more performance from a HK 9gram servo that cost $2.88. and a tail with more slop than a hoars knickers.
Do I recommend the HK head, You bet it has transformed the heli and given more power and response. I am well pleased and want to thank all the people on this thread that have helped me getting the little un in the air. I wish you could have seen the smile on my face, it has made my weekend.

Setup.
hk250gt bone stock kit
hk flybarless head
zyx - s gyro. spektrum satellite receiver. hardcore setup with reduced throws as above.
hobbywing 18a esc
turnigy heli drive 2508g, 3500kv motor stock pinion.
hkscm9 6v servo.
stock tail and main blades.

I cannot believe the fun for such a small lay out, and parts are cheap as well.

I am now looking for a special carry case for this heli, as I like the size and fun you can have and wish to take it with me for that steal a flight chance.

Thanks
Busher is offline Find More Posts by Busher
Old Sep 02, 2012, 11:53 PM
WIFE HAND LAUNCHED MY PLANES!
Joined Jun 2009
2,144 Posts
Any one has opinion with this kit? http://www.ehirobo.com/shop/p12154/C...duct_info.html

Used in CopterX-CX-250SE-FBL

-Spyro
Spyro37 is offline Find More Posts by Spyro37
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 130X Build
Old Sep 03, 2012, 09:41 PM
United States, CA, Saratoga
Joined Feb 2010
179 Posts
250 Parts for Sale

FYI - I have some tools and tail parts for sale:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1724348

and

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1724343

closedsink is offline Find More Posts by closedsink
Old Sep 03, 2012, 11:00 PM
Agressive driver
United States, CA, Santa Barbara
Joined Jun 2011
1,200 Posts
How did you guys adjust your blades so they both fly at the same heightt (like the same pitch)? I looked up some instructions and they showed adjusting the linkages going to the blades but those linkages aren't adjustable on the HK 250gt
zanek is offline Find More Posts by zanek
Old Sep 03, 2012, 11:55 PM
Will work for JR/Spektrum
Canada, BC, Sechelt
Joined May 2008
1,423 Posts
I ordered an HK250GT kit a few days ago. just waiting for it to arrive and see if I can use all the parts here to build it. If not, I predict it will be a very slow build going over the course of a few months.
Sabin is offline Find More Posts by Sabin
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 04, 2012, 05:58 AM
Perth, Australia
Joined Nov 2010
122 Posts
Zanek, i had a hard time adjusting the head to be spot on. Until i purchased the zero pitch tool. Really easy. Especially for a newby, just makes it more about flying than thinking is this balanced?
go check out his stuff.

http://rdlohr.com/products.pdf

i got my self the zero pitch tool, and the TREX 250 flybar lock.

I like them both, and would recommend.
RandomBob is offline Find More Posts by RandomBob
Old Sep 04, 2012, 10:19 PM
efx
Rookie in training, heads up
Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2010
3,208 Posts
Just use the trim on your transmitter to move each servo. I just eyeball these on the 250. You will feel it once you start hovering if something is off, then just land and move the servo more to get your swash and blades the same. Just make sure all the trims are centered when you start. You can usually see them before even landing if something is way off. If you can't get enough trim, you need to check your servos and make sure they are at 90 degrees. This is just the mechanical setup. I just eyeball these two and it's been fine so far. I just wish my flying was that easy. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by zanek View Post
How did you guys adjust your blades so they both fly at the same heightt (like the same pitch)? I looked up some instructions and they showed adjusting the linkages going to the blades but those linkages aren't adjustable on the HK 250gt
efx is offline Find More Posts by efx
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Malware?
Old Sep 04, 2012, 11:08 PM
United States, CA, Rancho Cordova
Joined Jan 2011
3,776 Posts
Hi guys, never thought i'd end up here but I just ordered a HK250GT from US store.
I was going to try and use it to put parts off my old Uflys FBL heli and see if I could make it work.
Now, after starting to read your posts here, I think I might just build a 250. I've built 3 450s and a 500 so I just might give this a try. I know they're a lot more difficult to fly and balance but I like playing with these helis and this would be a challenge.
I saw these parts that were linked http://www.ehirobo.com/shop/p12154/C...duct_info.html
all my other helis are using the ZYX gyro but everything for $60 should be worth a try. I guess I have to order a FBL head/swash from HK China unless you guys know of a better FBL head? I have Tarot DFC heads on all my 450s. Is there a DFC head for a 250?
Thanks, I be back with some real questions soon. Now since I ordered it , I have to go watch all the youtube videos on 250s
barnstorm100 is offline Find More Posts by barnstorm100
Old Sep 04, 2012, 11:23 PM
efx
Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2010
3,208 Posts
Well I'm taking a break from reading and watching some youtube...came across this video...just a neat video that's all. Now I need to eat something but don't have a craving for anything. I guess the headache isn't helping either.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=Hzgzim5m7oU
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 05, 2012, 12:31 AM
No Longer Active
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by efx View Post
Well I'm taking a break from reading and watching some youtube...came across this video...just a neat video that's all. Now I need to eat something but don't have a craving for anything. I guess the headache isn't helping either.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=Hzgzim5m7oU
very good video
pitchp is offline Find More Posts by pitchp
Old Sep 05, 2012, 06:52 PM
efx
Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2010
3,208 Posts
Here's another good video. I never get tired of watching these guys. Just amazing. Enjoy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...v=SWwLC4Oo7-c#!
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 05, 2012, 06:56 PM
Agressive driver
United States, CA, Santa Barbara
Joined Jun 2011
1,200 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomBob View Post
Zanek, i had a hard time adjusting the head to be spot on. Until i purchased the zero pitch tool. Really easy. Especially for a newby, just makes it more about flying than thinking is this balanced?
go check out his stuff.

http://rdlohr.com/products.pdf

i got my self the zero pitch tool, and the TREX 250 flybar lock.

I like them both, and would recommend.
That is a genius idea! How could you go wrong with the zero pitch tool!
zanek is offline Find More Posts by zanek
Old Sep 05, 2012, 09:26 PM
No Longer Active
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by efx View Post
Here's another good video. I never get tired of watching these guys. Just amazing. Enjoy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...v=SWwLC4Oo7-c#!
good video! definately not for the faint hearted
pitchp is offline Find More Posts by pitchp
Old Sep 05, 2012, 11:31 PM
efx
Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2010
3,208 Posts
I went out today and stopped by an open area. I flew my 250 for a bit with the cheap assan gyro. It's on older version, but I think it's the second version that got fixed. Can't remember but it's working okay except I'm getting this weird thing were it doesn't respond or at least it feels as if it doesn't want to respond. So when I go right it's as if I have to do it again to make it turn, then it turns and I have to counter that action to keep it in place. I'm not on heading hold mode or anything, but it's getting annoying, any idea? It seems to work but not reacting as soon as I move the stick. I don't think this one has the delay but can't remember since they don't have a programming card. I guess I'll have to go mess with that and see. I got my red label on the other 250 so I may have to try that one and see if it works better.
RCG Plus Member