HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 01, 2008, 08:20 AM
Electron Abuser
Akron, Ohio
Joined Aug 2006
933 Posts
Discussion
Flying at Sagamore-3/2/08-

Well, it looks like a decent day or flying if the forcast holds out and you don't mind a little bit of snow .ill be there as with the usual, the scramblur and I have a score to settle, just when i think its right it self destructs. if i work diligently on the demon pylon racer today i might have it ready for a maiden tomorrow.

I think this is the most I've typed in a LONG time for these weekly "Whos flying" threads

Eric

Edit; http://usairnet.com/cgi-bin/launch/c...te=OH&sta=KCLE
MTXMUGEN is offline Find More Posts by MTXMUGEN
Last edited by MTXMUGEN; Mar 01, 2008 at 10:02 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 01, 2008, 08:47 AM
Cleveland, Ohio
Joined Jul 2006
1,563 Posts
If the weather and winds hold, I'll be there.
Taylorman is offline Find More Posts by Taylorman
Old Mar 01, 2008, 08:56 AM
Suspended Account
Brunswick, OH
Joined Nov 2005
5,547 Posts
No work Monday?
HappyKillmore is offline Find More Posts by HappyKillmore
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Mar 01, 2008, 10:54 AM
Engineer for Christ
Amherst, VA
Joined Jun 2006
10,343 Posts
That park is going to be soggy as heck. I might opt for Columbia Station. Eric, if you get your Demon ready, I might come down to Sagamore and do some warm up laps with you.
IBCrazy is offline Find More Posts by IBCrazy
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 01, 2008, 05:10 PM
Cleveland, Ohio
Joined Jul 2006
1,563 Posts
As long as there's snow on the ground, I'll be flying my Cub and mini-pulse. I'll probably have the T-28 as well.
Old Mar 02, 2008, 09:00 AM
Cleveland, Ohio
Joined Jul 2006
1,563 Posts
Spent a good couple of hours at Sagamore this AM. The field had a pristine layer of snow which made it perfect for the Cub on Ski's. Did a lot of take-off's and landings working on directional control. The winds aloft were a little bumpy, so I didn't fly very high and mostly did circuits to landings. A fun morning for sure!
Old Mar 02, 2008, 12:38 PM
Electron Abuser
Akron, Ohio
Joined Aug 2006
933 Posts
i woke up late and was at the field at 9:30. i decided to join Alex and Tom at Columbia station insted of staying at sagamore. i think the battle stryker will not survive the day
Old Mar 02, 2008, 01:22 PM
Cleveland, Ohio
Joined Jul 2006
1,563 Posts
Eric.

I must have just left when you were getting there. Did you see all the ski tracks from me taxiing around? As usual, It was just as much fun scooting along on the ground as in the air!

See you next time around.

Pete
Old Mar 02, 2008, 06:30 PM
Joined Oct 2006
2,047 Posts
Alex, Eric, and I had a fun time in Columbia Station at my friend's farm. Nice layer of snow to keep the feet and planes from getting muddy. The dual boomer took it's second maiden but this time in more of it's final form. (slimmed down fuse, shortened nose, motor cowl, battery hatch, etc.

First flight was without incident but a few minutes into the second the motor shut down. Managed a good landing and decided to gun the motor up again to see what gives. Nice puff of smoke came out of the cowl. Alex seems to think I didn't have a large enough cooling vent in the cowl, but I'll blame his wind job. Just to make him happy I'll vent it a little better once the motor gets re-winded.

Streaker (streamlined Stryker) had a few good flights but one belly flop landing after I flew it where I shouldn't and lost it behind a tree. A fin that was already loose came off but otherwise no damage.

Eric and Alex had some good flights and also had a blast shooting a paint gun at their battle Strykers with some nice hits taking place. They also tooled around with their spud guns for a while too. Kids...
critterhunter is offline Find More Posts by critterhunter
Old Mar 02, 2008, 08:00 PM
Engineer for Christ
Amherst, VA
Joined Jun 2006
10,343 Posts
The "Stryker shoot" out was a blast. I'm going to repair mine tonight. Eric's... well... he'll post the video I'm sure. Mine took 6 or so good hits which punched several holes in it and tore up a wing tip, but it still flies ok. In fact, we were flying it with the holes and damage you can see in the pictures. Sure it flew like crap, but it flew. It needed work even before the shootout. Now it needs more work.

After today I definitely need to find my neon spray paint. I keep losing orientation of the Diablo.
IBCrazy is offline Find More Posts by IBCrazy
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by IBCrazy; Mar 02, 2008 at 08:23 PM. Reason: Added pics
Old Mar 02, 2008, 08:48 PM
Electron Abuser
Akron, Ohio
Joined Aug 2006
933 Posts
as much as i hate to admit it(mostly because im not the destructive type) it was fun.it was a nice challenge and a good way to get rid of a barely airworthy airplane
Last edited by MTXMUGEN; Mar 02, 2008 at 09:35 PM.
Old Mar 02, 2008, 09:11 PM
Cleveland
Joined Jun 2002
2,314 Posts
Ive never heard of shooting planes with a paintball gun. Is this a new AMA event ?
Carnifax is offline Find More Posts by Carnifax