HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 22, 2014, 01:08 PM
Joined Dec 2007
1,270 Posts
Discussion
Tee Dee RC .15 Is Born

To all those who own one and wished they could throttle the beast I have a solution to offer. I sourced a throttle sleeve for the Medallion .15 as I own a .15 with the sleeve it appeared that it could work so found one on ebay. With care I ground down the bulk of the cylinders stop ring and fined tuned it with a hand file. As predicted the sleeve fits and with the cylinder tighten down on the crankcase the sleeve fits great just like the medallion.

Massive ports on the TD and was lucky to source the second generation thick walled cylinder. It appears you can do the same thing to the single exhaust MK II shown in the second pic. Note the TD has the aluminum carb body found on ebay this fits like a glove with leak proof O rings so recommend. The addition of steel sleeve and aluminum carb body will provide more cooling allowing the engine to run at higher rpm.
Amp Abuser is offline Find More Posts by Amp Abuser
to remove ads between posts