HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 03, 2013, 02:08 PM
USA, WA
Joined Jan 2011
131 Posts
Discussion
HoverFly Sport Setup Client Error

I am having problems with the setup client reading the Sport board firmware. I have tried 2 different computers, both have been used successfully with the Pro board (old green version, still flies great by the way). Firmware client flashes successfully with Sport board in X mode and AP firmware. Setup client does not recognize firmware version. Help!
ArltTech is offline Find More Posts by ArltTech
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 07, 2013, 10:59 AM
Flight Instructor
Chico, CA
Joined Jun 2008
684 Posts
I had the same problem

I purchased a sport board for fun flying and ran into the same problem. However it is not necessary to run it through the setup client. There are no critical calibrations that need to be made like accelerometers since it does't have any. Just flash the correct firmware, plug and fly. I'm not even sure the setup client is designed to work with the Sport Board. Hope this helps.
mspencer is offline Find More Posts by mspencer
Old Feb 10, 2013, 05:18 PM
USA, WA
Joined Jan 2011
131 Posts
Thanks for the input. You are the only feedback on this so appreciated.
ArltTech is offline Find More Posts by ArltTech
Old Feb 13, 2013, 07:41 AM
Pants first, then shoes
Joined Jan 2011
2,759 Posts
If you are having problems post on this forum http://www.multirotorforums.com/foru...gies-Inc-Forum Its now the more frequented HF forum.
Stacky is offline Find More Posts by Stacky
Old Feb 18, 2013, 02:41 AM
aka Helidaho
United States, ID, Boise
Joined Jun 2010
2,661 Posts
I hate to say it but the HF guys have left the Sport board in the dust. I can't even remember the last time I hooked up a sport board to the computer. No firmware updates and nothing in the setup client that even supports the sport board

I have 3 sport boards.
AeroVideoUS is offline Find More Posts by AeroVideoUS
Old Feb 24, 2013, 03:44 PM
Hawaii
Joined Feb 2003
5,952 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroVideoUS View Post
I hate to say it but the HF guys have left the Sport board in the dust. I can't even remember the last time I hooked up a sport board to the computer. No firmware updates and nothing in the setup client that even supports the sport board

I have 3 sport boards.
That is not very encouraging.
SeismicCWave is offline Find More Posts by SeismicCWave
Old Feb 24, 2013, 04:30 PM
aka Helidaho
United States, ID, Boise
Joined Jun 2010
2,661 Posts
I had the same thing happen to me today. Flashed one of my sport boards to make sure it had the latest firmware and went to hook it up to the setup client. I got a warning that I needed an older setup client, bah... Like mspencer mentioned, the setup client doesn't really do anything with the sport board anyway as there's not much to setup
Old Feb 26, 2013, 10:28 AM
Hoverfly Technologies
United States, FL, Winter Springs
Joined Nov 2011
141 Posts
To answer your question as to why you can't get the Setup Client to work:

https://hoverflytech.zendesk.com/ent...d-HoverflyOPEN

Maybe this hasn't been clearly articulated on our part, but the HoverflySPORT already does everything that we intend for it to do. That's not to say that we will never come up with something new for it, but for now we're satisfied with the product's place in the Hoverfly family.
hoverben is offline Find More Posts by hoverben
Old Feb 27, 2013, 03:06 PM
aka Helidaho
United States, ID, Boise
Joined Jun 2010
2,661 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoverben View Post
To answer your question as to why you can't get the Setup Client to work:

https://hoverflytech.zendesk.com/ent...d-HoverflyOPEN

Maybe this hasn't been clearly articulated on our part, but the HoverflySPORT already does everything that we intend for it to do. That's not to say that we will never come up with something new for it, but for now we're satisfied with the product's place in the Hoverfly family.
Hello Ben,

Thanks for the reply. I was aware of the need to use the older version. I don't have multiple PCs. As a mac user running windows in a VM uninstalling and reinstalling the different versions of the setup client is really unacceptable. Having a couple of Pro boards and three sport boards makes that a little inconvenient to say the least

But I agree, the sport board does what it was intended to do. I just think it needs to be up to date with the Pro board firmware wise.

Thanks,
Paul