HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 30, 2013, 08:41 PM
R2R
St Johns, FL, USA
Joined Nov 2009
603 Posts
Turned out beautiful in form and color!! Good luck on the maiden -- looking forward to the reports.

Allan
R2R is offline Find More Posts by R2R
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 31, 2013, 04:27 AM
Giorgos Stratakis
Athens Greece
Joined Jun 2008
260 Posts
F-A-N-T-A-S-T-I-C

Bravo Hog !!!
Stratigio is offline Find More Posts by Stratigio
Old May 27, 2013, 05:23 PM
MrE
United States, WA, Gig Harbor
Joined Aug 2007
2,148 Posts
Has it flown? How did it do????

Im hoping there were no disasters!
MrE is offline Find More Posts by MrE
Old May 28, 2013, 12:09 PM
Central California
Joined Jan 2010
956 Posts
Maiden

Oh,I just realized I never posted a report on the Maiden...Duh!

Well the actual maiden was a bummer,because I broke the wing joiner when I was getting ready to fly it. However,after making a new joiner and doing some triming it was ready to fly. I took it to the field for it's second attempt at getting it in the air and while removing it from the back of my PU,I caught the vetical stabilizer on the tailgate tonneau cover bar and cracked the stabilizer. Fortunately I have 7 other sailplanes to fly. So again I took it home and thought about the bad Ju Ju I was getting from it. It must have been because I totally modified the plane and it didn't like it. So I punished it by making it stay home while I took my other ones out to fly.

Well I took it out for the third try. There was a little more wind than what I wanted for it's maiden,so I began thinking about the bad Ju Ju again. It's like golf. If you have bad thoughts in your head,your going to make a bad shot. So I thought about how pretty it would be gliding in the air. I was pretty sure I had the trimming and CG set right,so I gave it a real hard throw........Wow! I thought I don't need a motor,hi start or winch for this. I can just hand throw it. It went about 200 to 250 feet,straight as an arrow.

So it was time to power up. I faced the wind,powerd up and through it. It didn't go up as fast as a couple of my other planes,but still had enough power against the wind to get to altitude. Oh,is this a fun plane to fly. Like I said it was a little more wind than what I wanted but it handled it ok. I flew it around for about 15 minutes and then landed. I thought this is going to be a great plane for light winds,and it is.

I can't wait to fly it in an ALES contest with light winds. My wind plane is my 132" Oly III. She loves a little wind. Actually she needs a little wind.

It sure is fun to glue a bunch of sticks together and then make them fly.

Here's some pictures of part of my fleet of build up balsa modified planes from 40" to 132".

Eddie
hog2soar is offline Find More Posts by hog2soar
Old May 28, 2013, 01:58 PM
MrE
United States, WA, Gig Harbor
Joined Aug 2007
2,148 Posts
Nice!
MrE is offline Find More Posts by MrE
Old May 28, 2013, 10:38 PM
East Coast Builder
United States, VA, Suffolk
Joined Sep 2009
137 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hog2soar View Post
So I punished it by making it stay home while I took my other ones out to fly.
Like an nu-broke Mustang Horse, you just have to let her know who's boss! Great job and she is a unique one of a kind sailplane. You wont buy one of those at the local hobby shop!
Skytrek is offline Find More Posts by Skytrek