Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Closed Thread
Old Nov 17, 2012, 08:10 PM
Joined Feb 2012
1,859 Posts
Hey everyone,
As promised, I got out flying today and got some new video for you all. I had a great day of flying, the weather was perfect, but I could not land to save my life! Not sure what was going on, but only ended up breaking one prop. I maidened the P-38 with the twin sound system, and let me say, it flew and sounded AWESOME! Also maidedn the Pitts, again, a great bird, and the Ultra did a great job. The video was done on a wide angle hat cam, it has no zoom, so at some points the palne seems quite small, but it picked up the sounds very well. Might want to go full screen for viewing.

MrRCSound Sound Units in P-38, Pitts, and Spitfire. (10 min 28 sec)

Andrew
http://www.mrrcsound.com
MrRCFlying is offline Find More Posts by MrRCFlying
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 18, 2012, 08:10 AM
United States, FL, Hollywood
Joined Aug 2010
1,478 Posts
All of them sounded awesome.
Was that wind giving you a hard time with the landings?
urrl is offline Find More Posts by urrl
Old Nov 18, 2012, 01:30 PM
Sweden, Gävleborg County, Gävle
Joined Aug 2012
542 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRCFlying View Post
Hey everyone,
As promised, I got out flying today and got some new video for you all. I had a great day of flying, the weather was perfect, but I could not land to save my life! Not sure what was going on, but only ended up breaking one prop. I maidened the P-38 with the twin sound system, and let me say, it flew and sounded AWESOME! Also maidedn the Pitts, again, a great bird, and the Ultra did a great job. The video was done on a wide angle hat cam, it has no zoom, so at some points the palne seems quite small, but it picked up the sounds very well. Might want to go full screen for viewing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GRiZ...ature=youtu.be

Andrew
http://www.mrrcsound.com
You did it once again
Lasse
lassehellsten is offline Find More Posts by lassehellsten
Old Nov 18, 2012, 01:48 PM
Joined Feb 2012
1,859 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by urrl View Post
All of them sounded awesome.
Was that wind giving you a hard time with the landings?
No, that is the thing. There was no wind at all. I just could not hit my landings yesterday. The Spitfire wants to nose over with any landing anyway, the P-38 was nose heavy, and even with full flaps, it did not want to flare well, and the Pitts, who knows, it just did not want to land well. LOL

I am going to "attempt" to fly them off the short field this week.

Andrew
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 18, 2012, 01:49 PM
Joined Feb 2012
1,859 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lassehellsten View Post
You did it once again
Lasse
Thanks!

Andrew
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 18, 2012, 01:57 PM
Fly & Have Fun..Enjoy the Ride
Joined Mar 2009
5,655 Posts
Hey, they all looked and sounded great to me...well done. I just sent you a PM
brandonmoon is offline Find More Posts by brandonmoon
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Relocated back to Arizona
Old Nov 18, 2012, 02:01 PM
United States, CA, Fontana
Joined Nov 2004
741 Posts
The P-38 sounded amazing
daylight99 is offline Find More Posts by daylight99
Old Nov 18, 2012, 05:24 PM
Joined Feb 2012
1,859 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylight99 View Post
The P-38 sounded amazing
Thank you. Yes, it does have a very different sound to it.

Andrew
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 18, 2012, 05:59 PM
Yea, I fly dusty planes..
United States, LA, Angie
Joined Apr 2009
2,052 Posts
Everyone!! Great video's...... why don't more people do eye level flybys so you can see the plane better and not fly 6 mistakes high. Myself I like to fly about tree top level then get em down about 5' off the dirt, some at a fast walk w/ full flaps, depending on the plane and 65mph with my P-51, inverted ...ZeeZee/Dave
zeezee is offline Find More Posts by zeezee
Old Nov 18, 2012, 06:05 PM
Joined Feb 2012
1,859 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeezee View Post
Everyone!! Great video's...... why don't more people do eye level flybys so you can see the plane better and not fly 6 mistakes high. Myself I like to fly about tree top level then get em down about 5' off the dirt, some at a fast walk w/ full flaps, depending on the plane and 65mph with my P-51, inverted ...ZeeZee/Dave
Next time, I promise. There were too many people on the flight line, a tree just behind the flight line, and maiden on those planes. I will see what I can do for you this week.

Andrew
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 18, 2012, 06:13 PM
United States, CA, Fontana
Joined Nov 2004
741 Posts
Had my FMS P-51 out this morning. One of the guys said after I was done flying that at times he could swear it sounded like a real Merlin engine, he could not get over how real the overall effect is. I do my best to fly as scale as possible so maybe that helps some.

Can the Budget system drive a second speaker?
daylight99 is offline Find More Posts by daylight99
Old Nov 18, 2012, 10:25 PM
Feeling the THRALL
USA, CO, Parker
Joined Dec 2009
816 Posts
Mustang back at Crosswinds

Hi all,

I am pleased to report that the Mustang has been remaidened at Crosswinds RC field this weekend. This is the FMS "Marie" Mustang that has been extensively modified. Latest mods include a very powerful motor, new retracts and struts, and a fiberglass patch to strengthen the center wing area on the bottom of the plane.

Here are some pictures taken at the field yesterday. You can see that I have added some red trim to the original color scheme. Really looks great in the air.

I am running the Budget A unit with he Merlin engine sound.

I will get some video soon so you can all see what this plane can do. On 4S she is now quite fast, and on 5S she is very fast. I need to get a radar gun to see how fast. As always she sound great!

Regards,

Jackson
Jackson Stone is offline Find More Posts by Jackson Stone
Old Nov 19, 2012, 01:22 AM
Joined Mar 2009
5,655 Posts
I finally got my Mr RCSound Pro B unit in my FMS FW-190 and working like a champ and sounds pretty good. I separated all the components and re-soldered all the individual modules to hook up with servo leads so they are individualized and can be place and spread out where you want them. My hatch area is not a big rats nest of wires and is fairly clean and organized.

I currently am only using one speaker but have already made provisions for a possible second as an addition. I'm using the hollow area in the fuselage to resonate the sound and get some of those deeper base sounds out...works real well and all the components are real easy to get to and adjust

I also did a little more color detailing on the rudder decorations..added the white to the ribbon and some silver to the medal and finished the pilot
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 19, 2012, 01:29 AM
Team Park Pilot - Airborne
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Nov 2006
4,459 Posts
brandonmoon - Nice improvement. So this is an FMS 1400 190 ? Im converting the same model but have gone the full hog with the ultra system. Im VERY time poor but all that left is some finishing touches and Fiber glassing - Was an epic job but should be worth it..

Where did you get your pilot ? love the sliding canopy ! More details please !
OzparkPilot is offline Find More Posts by OzparkPilot
Old Nov 19, 2012, 03:29 AM
Joined Mar 2009
5,655 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Forced View Post
brandonmoon - Nice improvement. So this is an FMS 1400 190 ? Im converting the same model but have gone the full hog with the ultra system. Im VERY time poor but all that left is some finishing touches and Fiber glassing - Was an epic job but should be worth it..

Where did you get your pilot ? love the sliding canopy ! More details please !
Yes, this is a FMS FW-190 and I used a MR RCSound Pro B Sound unit. and it's actually pretty lound with the Amp turned all the way up. I actually only have it a 3/4 right now and that's with only 1 2in speaker.

Actually I didn't do the sliding canopy...I think the picture you're thinking about is the one with it just sitting on the plane in the open position and not glued on yet....my canopy is actually glued on and does not open, but it can be done and saw where somebody has already done it...I just opted not to. I took it off to add the decals and detailing to the cockpit.

As for the pilot...It's an 1/7th scale "Aces of Iron pilot figure I paint up and trimmed down to fit the plane.
http://www.acesofiron.com/page/AOIW2LW317.htm
RCG Plus Member
Closed Thread