HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 11, 2006, 03:59 AM
Joined Jun 2006
2 Posts
My own is going to use a modified recompressive ballast system. Thrust vectoring for yaw, blended stern planes for pitch and roll control ( the batwings on the cabin induce a rather large roll moment in a turn and need to be canceled out to keep control otherwise when she rolls the yaw input turns ibto a pitch moment and down it goes out of control)and the midships planes for depth keeping. I used a ten inch Lee models as a test mule and once you get the static trim dialed in it tracks straight line very nicely due to the batwings on cabin. However they are to far above the CG and meta center to use as control surfaces. I tested them as both pitch and yaw surfaces and they induced a porpising moment when in pitch and a high speed roll when used as yaw surfaces. The sternplane tips are to far out and to small to be effective yaw rudders.
John Anderson is offline Find More Posts by John Anderson
Last edited by John Anderson; Jul 13, 2006 at 04:44 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 07, 2013, 08:25 AM
Joined Aug 2013
1 Posts
Hi Stingray 3
I have been searching around for some plans for stingray and was wondering if you were able to share or help with locating some
Many thanks
Tim Brewster
Timbrewster is offline Find More Posts by Timbrewster
Old Apr 19, 2014, 09:07 PM
Joined Mar 2008
10 Posts
Stingray.

Esto lo encontré en Devianart. suerte con tu proyecto.
tutoolea is offline Find More Posts by tutoolea