Old Jun 25, 2005, 08:43 AM
juc
SWISS TEAM
Lausanne/Switzerland
Joined May 2005
14 Posts
PIXEL airtech CG & débattements

Hi everybody.
I'm looking for a person who's got the notice of the Airtech's PIXEL....
please tell me where is the CG and and how much the wings move.
ThanX
juc is offline Find More Posts by juc
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 25, 2005, 08:58 AM
Confirmed Chronic
Pacific Palisades, CA
Joined Jul 2004
9,216 Posts
Instructions are available on the www.slopeflyer.com site (in French and English) and I have since lost mine, but my CG is set with only 7 grams added in the nose, and using a 700 mAh nicd battery pack. This is after attaching the tails with silicon adhesive.

For control throws, you will need all you can get. My high rates are set at 125% on both elevator and ailerons. I had to enlarge the stock crescent-shaped holes in the fuse considerably to accommodate those throws, bu the Pixel flies like a demon with it set that way. By far the most acrobatic ship I own.

Feel free to PM me with any questions. You will love the Pixel!
screamin' eagle is online now Find More Posts by screamin' eagle
Old Jul 04, 2005, 04:02 PM
PNF
Los Gatos, CA
Joined May 2005
4,422 Posts
My neighbor is building one - great build quality! I did a search on here and found a ton of threads with lots of information... mostly positive. The plane can't take ultra-high speed acrobatics (dives, etc) I guess.
infopimp is offline Find More Posts by infopimp
Old Jul 05, 2005, 06:26 AM
Forest Lake, Minnesota
Joined Apr 2003
543 Posts
The Pixel is a GREAT ship. It will fly in fairly light lift and in 50 mph+ winds. It is very acrobatic and fun to fly. The fuselage is susceptible to damage at the control cutouts. I have placed 5 oz Kevlar reinforcement along the sides under the canopy line down below the cutouts. The crescent cut for the control pin is the weakest area.
Ib Jensen is offline Find More Posts by Ib Jensen
Old Jul 05, 2005, 10:57 AM
Confirmed Chronic
Pacific Palisades, CA
Joined Jul 2004
9,216 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by infopimp
The plane can't take ultra-high speed acrobatics (dives, etc) I guess.
I read that before buying mine, and have since put it into 250-300 foot vertical dives without a hint of flutter or locking up the surfaces. This is using the standard size, hi-torque Hitec servos that cost about $18 each here in the states. I used 4-40 hardware and ball links in mine, maybe that made the difference. Even a tiny bit of play on a control surface here could be disastrous.

The plane flies great in all but the lightest conditions, and once it gets on step is so unbelievably nimble that it makes going back to flying my Mach Dart difficult. Top end speed is a little less than a moldie because the AUW is so light, but it more than makes up for this in its acrobatic prowess.
screamin' eagle is online now Find More Posts by screamin' eagle