HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 28, 2012, 02:58 PM
All who wander are not lost
United States, NY, Buffalo
Joined May 2011
305 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robone View Post
Cant help. I think I must get my iPhone setup.

But then maybe I won't. After the recent court ruling I think I am going to throw my iPhone away and stick to Android products
I was thinking the same thing!
w2hef is offline Find More Posts by w2hef
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 29, 2012, 01:18 AM
Joined Aug 2012
23 Posts
setup nightmare

so I have beentrying to get my octocopter goingfor the lastmonth with the ys x6 no luck i tried to maiden a few weeks ago and when I got to the field the router would not connect and my coputer would not connect get home the router was back to default settings have no idea how so found out it was an easy setup router not so good for manual setup so I exchanged it for a d link router now i believe i have the network built up and still no walking on the gcs blue light is on with the wi fi so i gotta figure this out or sell it it is a 15 way point version any takers? worst part is i flew my octo on a kk board over the weekend worked great well ok but i could set it up and flyanyway .byfar the most frustrating thing i have ever tried to setup
fish3man is offline Find More Posts by fish3man
Old Aug 29, 2012, 02:08 AM
YS-X6 Know why it crashes,blog
New Zealand, Auckland
Joined Nov 2007
583 Posts
fish3man, drop me a pm and I can try and help you on skype
Mr_westie is offline Find More Posts by Mr_westie
Old Aug 29, 2012, 02:50 AM
jab
Unregistered User
Joined Aug 2007
1,060 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robone View Post
Hi Russ

If the declination is negative (West) you must enter a positive value and if it is positive (East) you must enter a negative.

The manual reads correctly if you re-read it.

Rob
A much simpler solution is to live smack in the middle of 0 degree declination as I do.
jab is offline Find More Posts by jab
Old Aug 29, 2012, 03:19 AM
ZeroUAV
Australia, SA, Tarcoola
Joined Jul 2012
84 Posts
about iphone app

Use the Resolution Center to correspond with App Review until all issues with your app version have been resolved.
ise2012 is offline Find More Posts by ise2012
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 29, 2012, 05:30 AM
Joined Feb 2009
563 Posts
Ok test flew today for the first time with my heavy lift y6. I have a bit of a strange issue. The first min it will fly stable, then it will start to lean to one side and eventualy gets verry verry wobly. Any ideas anyone? I am using balanced xoar 14x5 props. Motors are tigermotors 2814.
rwijnhov is online now Find More Posts by rwijnhov
Old Aug 29, 2012, 07:09 AM
Joined May 2011
305 Posts
I'm having a heck of a time trying to figure out my RX/TX setup on the YS.... when i plug in the ESC's they just roar at half speed.

Am I missing some settings.... I used the user manual settings and set the dec to 10.

Can't get past this last step.

I have a Spektrum DX8 with AR8000.......

Any help with this would be appreciated... i.e. How did you get your TX/RX setup..?
Last edited by w2hef; Aug 29, 2012 at 08:47 AM.
Old Aug 29, 2012, 08:46 AM
Joined May 2011
305 Posts
How do I get the GCS software to NOT default to Beijing?
Old Aug 29, 2012, 09:00 AM
Joined Aug 2012
31 Posts
I had the same problem

First I downloaded the android software from the Zerouav.net site (the version I had gotten from the gethelorc site was older). After installing it I Hit the Init button on the Settings page. I then held the RC/Tx control sticks in the inverted V postion (throttle down and left, aileron down and to the right). This stopped the motors. I then set up the proper ESC type and aircraft type and compass declination angle. Then to arm the motors use this inverted V position for a couple of seconds. After you can start the motors by giving a little throttle. And then check if they are respoding properly. If you cut the throttle to zero for more than 5 - 10 seconds you will have to use the inverted V position to re arm them.

Robert
tazmoe is offline Find More Posts by tazmoe
Old Aug 29, 2012, 09:07 AM
Joined Aug 2012
31 Posts
The GCS software is going to the plane location

If you go to the Map page and use the show my postion it should show your GPS location of your GCS device if you have GPS enabled on it. If you have the GPS hooked up on the plane and it is powered up then use show plane position and it should show the plane in the right position and not in China.
Robert
tazmoe is offline Find More Posts by tazmoe
Old Aug 29, 2012, 09:20 AM
Joined May 2011
305 Posts
awesome... i will try it tonight.. tks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazmoe View Post
First I downloaded the android software from the Zerouav.net site (the version I had gotten from the gethelorc site was older). After installing it I Hit the Init button on the Settings page. I then held the RC/Tx control sticks in the inverted V postion (throttle down and left, aileron down and to the right). This stopped the motors. I then set up the proper ESC type and aircraft type and compass declination angle. Then to arm the motors use this inverted V position for a couple of seconds. After you can start the motors by giving a little throttle. And then check if they are respoding properly. If you cut the throttle to zero for more than 5 - 10 seconds you will have to use the inverted V position to re arm them.

Robert
Old Aug 29, 2012, 09:24 AM
Joined May 2011
305 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tazmoe View Post
If you go to the Map page and use the show my postion it should show your GPS location of your GCS device if you have GPS enabled on it. If you have the GPS hooked up on the plane and it is powered up then use show plane position and it should show the plane in the right position and not in China.
Robert
Yes... i've done that.. but everytime i start the GCS the google map reverts back to china... not a big deal, but i was wondering if it could just revert to last position.
Old Aug 29, 2012, 04:40 PM
United States, MD, Annapolis
Joined Jun 2011
504 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ise2012 View Post
Use the Resolution Center to correspond with App Review until all issues with your app version have been resolved.
Why should Apple care about this? I guess the AR Drone is ok because it is not autonomous? I supposed Apple's ultimate concern would be liability in case someone was injured. But that is definitely not a risk limited to autonomous craft.

So you won't be able to get the iPhone GCS at the app store - who cares!
rampa202 is offline Find More Posts by rampa202
Old Aug 29, 2012, 06:45 PM
Joined May 2011
305 Posts
ok... I'M DONE! I've put forth quite an effort trying to get this YS-X6 working and i'm finished.. I have the YS system on my XA650 V4... i have top of the line Spektrum DX8 with the AR8000 RX... went through the Install Guide Icon in the Iphone Software... can't stop those motors...

Can't stop the motors from spinning... I'm just plan confused... Shouldn't be this hard. I need someone's time (talking) or skyping whatever... before i sent the whole kit back. I'm that frustrated.
Old Aug 29, 2012, 07:07 PM
YS-X6 Know why it crashes,blog
New Zealand, Auckland
Joined Nov 2007
583 Posts
w2hef, pm me your skype
Mr_westie is offline Find More Posts by Mr_westie