Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Dec 29, 2012, 08:20 PM
United States, CA, Modesto
Joined Aug 2012
828 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spain_Betis View Post
Hello friends! I am new to the forum but I read often. Today I burned the main motor and I want to put someone other than the original. I saw this: http://www.aliexpress.com/store/prod...702895340.html , but not if it is correct. I want you to please help me and tell me me which I have to buy and where. thank you very much.
Welcome Spain-Betis. There is a guy on youtube showing how he installed that kit. Seems pretty straight forward and it flys, but I do not know this from first hand. Since you are new to this bird, you may just want to get another stocker or two and learn more about the bird before you go brushless.
arrowshooter is offline Find More Posts by arrowshooter
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 29, 2012, 11:39 PM
Joined Aug 2012
828 Posts
F445

Here it is. Canopy should be here Monday.

The Hobbywing Pentium 40A just not for this bird. I finally got it to work but it was intermitent and not safe to fly. Going to get another Turnigy and save the Hobbywing for later.
Last edited by arrowshooter; Dec 30, 2012 at 10:40 AM.
Old Dec 30, 2012, 02:22 AM
Micro Heli mods
Finland, Tuusula
Joined Mar 2012
181 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldOz View Post
A park flight, full BL F45/450 mod -
Improved things considerably by wiring the Xtreme converter + supply to the main PCB +, rather than the 6A plush ESC - and putting a couple of toroids on likely RFI offenders.
Also removed the 18A ESC BEC + from the PCB. Why on earth I wired it there in the first place, I've no idea. The main PCB has its own stabilized supply!

And a pic, taken in the park round 5.30am. Sorry (again) for the quality, but it's no fun whatsoever keeping what is still really an experimental heli in the air with one hand, and operating a camera in the other.

Remaining problems:
- The tail blows out under high acceleration (just don't do it?). Will try the three blade option suggested by rpc4 when I get hold of one.
- There's a residual 'beat' at about 1/3Hz (I feel) as the gyro tries to compensate for the much slower revving Turnigy 1811/ESC/Xtreme combo. Will fiddle with the timing options later.

However!
At the end of 30min of continuous flight over several battery packs, neither of the ESCs (or motors) was more than warm. Could have flown all day, given enough LiPos!
Nice job !!!

I faced same problem with full acceleration (Turnigy 1811 2000Kv). The MJX original tailprop made the tail wag and smaller prop was not powerfull enough. I solved the problem by using 3800Kv 1811 with DH 9104 tailprop. Works perfect
Tumppi T is offline Find More Posts by Tumppi T
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: VCTRC 450 Pro V2 (T-Rex clone)
Old Dec 30, 2012, 03:55 AM
The Netherlands, NB, Valkenswaard
Joined Sep 2012
11 Posts
camera port

I have been playing around whit some led,s on my f45.
It seems that the two ports on the front of the pcb are verry funny.
I have the following set up whit the led,s, two yellow on the front, for binding.
the origenel searglicht, swichet on the camera port.
and the others contunesly.
The way i hook them up is the following; the binding is on the two front pins(first port).
The searchlicht is the first two pins in the second port.
The others are conectet two pin number 2 and 3 from the second port.
I,m a nohow in electronics so don,t asc for polarity and stuf.
It just worked
dakie is offline Find More Posts by dakie
Old Dec 30, 2012, 08:15 AM
Joined Dec 2012
16 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrowshooter View Post
Welcome Spain-Betis. There is a guy on youtube showing how he installed that kit. Seems pretty straight forward and it flys, but I do not know this from first hand. Since you are new to this bird, you may just want to get another stocker or two and learn more about the bird before you go brushless.
Thank you very much for responding friend. I do not want to spend more money on the stock motor, I want to install one more good and I've only found this. Is there a good engine that can be installed? I've only seen the brushless. I want one that is easy to install and that is good. xD. thank you!
Spain_Betis is offline Find More Posts by Spain_Betis
Old Dec 30, 2012, 08:52 AM
Joined Aug 2012
828 Posts
Quote:
Thank you very much for responding friend. I do not want to spend more money on the stock motor, I want to install one more good and I've only found this. Is there a good engine that can be installed? I've only seen the brushless. I want one that is easy to install and that is good. xD. thank you!
Brushless is the best way to go then and the kit you found is one way. Another is to go on to hobbyking.com and order the EH200 with a turnigy 18A speed control and 0.5 mod 10T pinion with a 2.3mm hole. You do not have to replace the side plates with this motor and it has more than enough power.

Here is the motor:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=11881
Old Dec 30, 2012, 12:31 PM
Spain, Valencian Community, Burriana
Joined Mar 2012
119 Posts
Quote:
Buenas. Yo tambien estoy pensando en poner ese kit. En cuanto me llegue el heli. El primero lo perdi un dia de mucho viento. Me gusta el que no haya que cambiar la bateria. Cuando llegue ya te contare que modificar para que vaya aun mejor. Saludos compatriota...
Geso is offline Find More Posts by Geso
Old Dec 30, 2012, 12:37 PM
Joined Dec 2012
16 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrowshooter View Post
Brushless is the best way to go then and the kit you found is one way. Another is to go on to hobbyking.com and order the EH200 with a turnigy 18A speed control and 0.5 mod 10T pinion with a 2.3mm hole. You do not have to replace the side plates with this motor and it has more than enough power.

Here is the motor:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=11881
What do I have to buy another? Do I have to do something or just need to install it? Thanks you very much.
Old Dec 30, 2012, 01:00 PM
Spain, Valencian Community, Burriana
Joined Mar 2012
119 Posts
Quote:
What do I have to buy another? Do I have to do something or just need to install it? Thanks you very much.
con ese kit necesitas una bateria de 11 v para el bls y una de 7,4 v para el de cola. Yo lo veo mucha historia. El kit de aliexpress cambiar y listo bateria de serie lion o mejorada lipo pero solo 1 y de 7,4, tu mismo...
Geso is offline Find More Posts by Geso
Old Dec 30, 2012, 01:44 PM
Joined Dec 2012
16 Posts
Creo que si... voy a cpmprar ese kit y me quito de lios... el variador va enchufado en la mísma placa electrónica verdad? Es que no estoy muy puesto todavia en esto! Jaja! Un saludo y gracias!
Old Dec 30, 2012, 02:58 PM
Scotsman in Germany
Germany, BY, Schwabach
Joined Oct 2012
1,620 Posts
finally joining the club

Woohoooo!

Finally got round to pulling the Trigger on a F645 . After much reading and much consideration, I decided I'm going to get the heli in my Hands first and learn to fly it stock before deciding what I'm up for in the way of modding, so ordered a package with the new pcb heli and 2x upgrade 2000mAh batteries - all for just under 99€ including delivery.

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...X:DERP:DE:1123

So far it's been an unusually mild winter in Germany, but you can bet your boots that me ordering an outdoor heli is roughly equivalent to placing an order for snow and high winds for immediate delivery Should this be the case, at least The Wife has taken down the Christmas decorations, so I have room to fly my V911s again

Happy flying
Tigg
tiggertoo1962 is offline Find More Posts by tiggertoo1962
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FS TH9X/WL-T6 settings
Old Dec 30, 2012, 03:06 PM
Scotsman in Germany
Germany, BY, Schwabach
Joined Oct 2012
1,620 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geso View Post
con ese kit necesitas una bateria de 11 v para el bls y una de 7,4 v para el de cola. Yo lo veo mucha historia. El kit de aliexpress cambiar y listo bateria de serie lion o mejorada lipo pero solo 1 y de 7,4, tu mismo...
Quote:
Creo que si... voy a cpmprar ese kit y me quito de lios... el variador va enchufado en la mísma placa electrónica verdad? Es que no estoy muy puesto todavia en esto! Jaja! Un saludo y gracias!
... and guys, could you please use the PM route if you want to exchange your ideas in Spanish? God knows the thread is long enough, and if I start writing to e2, mystman and various others in German - and who knows how many of the Canadian dudes on here can write French - then it'll take us a week just to find a reply we can all understand

No offence intended, but the official Forum language is English
tiggertoo1962 is offline Find More Posts by tiggertoo1962
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FS TH9X/WL-T6 settings
Old Dec 30, 2012, 03:17 PM
United States, FL, Hernando
Joined Sep 2012
1,460 Posts
Funny, I was thinking the same thing... I'm from Langenhagen, Germany too, but was taught better manners.
War Horse is offline Find More Posts by War Horse
Old Dec 30, 2012, 03:39 PM
Joined Dec 2012
16 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggertoo1962 View Post
... and guys, could you please use the PM route if you want to exchange your ideas in Spanish? God knows the thread is long enough, and if I start writing to e2, mystman and various others in German - and who knows how many of the Canadian dudes on here can write French - then it'll take us a week just to find a reply we can all understand

No offence intended, but the official Forum language is English
Ohhh, ok. Sorry.
Old Dec 30, 2012, 03:56 PM
Frank
Germany, BW, Heubach
Joined Dec 2012
887 Posts
Well we could all write German, English,French, Spanish, or Chineese.
But who would understand it all?
English is better cause we all had it in school.
I'm livin in Germany too but write in english.

Welcome to all new members and F45 Pilots.

Was workin on mine again and ripped it apart (for the third time) I was bored
and was windy outside.
Polished the tailboom and was goin to do the side plates, but noticed they dont polish up well. Guesse I'll make some outa 1mm aluminium and put a mirror finish on it.
Heres a pic Painted the stabilizer orange so I can see it better.

gonna go bl soon, as the speed of the motor doesnt please me too well.
will try a 370 brushed motor from 1 of my cars and see what happends.

Did any 1 try a 370 for a car on there F45 yet?

And nice work on the 450s too
R.C. Man is online now Find More Posts by R.C. Man