HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 14, 2012, 06:30 PM
Drinks Day Old Expired Milk
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Aug 2010
2,810 Posts
You guys should see how many Pylon and Hotliner style planes there are in Central Florida....I will give you an idea,about 9...and i own 6 of them...and i have never met the other 3 guys,except on line I kid you not,i travel alot flying Giant Scale Aerobatics,it is huge around here...and in all my tavels,i have never even seen a S400 plane,no less an F5D of hard core Hotliner .....I was just bored a couple months ago with the Freestyle and 3D stuff,and picked up a Rifle from the LHS for Shi%$ and Giggles......Well,i was HOOKED first flight...in the last 5 months i have built 2-rifles,Stinger 1,Miro VooDoo,Swist,and now have an X....but like i said,nobody is doing it here,and i have nobody to bounce off of....I know this stuff is big in Europe and the west Coast,but here in Florida,it is all about Foam BNF, Warbirds,Float Planes,and Aerobatics.....On a good note,i now have a flying buddy that got into EF-1 with me (but there are NO races anywere around here within 500miles,so we made pylons and just race each other )and another buddy just bought my Stinger and is loving it,and i gave one of my rifles to one of the Young Guns and he is loving it.....Hoping to get many more into it......See,there i go again,not one peice of usefull info on the X-Plane,but i will post it anyway cause it took me 10 minutes to type this mess (i suck at typing ) Doug
VooDoo Child is offline Find More Posts by VooDoo Child
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 14, 2012, 06:38 PM
Joined Aug 2010
2,810 Posts
On a side note,if not for Jackosmeister and KRProton....i would not be flying any of these if not for them...I CAME IN BLIND and beat the out of these two with questions and PM's.....i am still amazed they have not told me to BLOW I owe them Big Time for the fun i am having (class act guys that the world could use alot more of)....My girl HATES them though ....OK,i am going back to not posting tell i have something to show on my X
Old Jun 14, 2012, 06:53 PM
You down with EPP?
Houston, Tx
Joined May 2009
6,754 Posts
Yeah, I fly 30cc, and 50cc 3D for the most part, but I have been into the High Performance stuff for a while

Like you, I don't know anyone locally that flies pylon, or F5B. I learned everything I know about it right here. Tim (KRProton) is a great guy BTW.

Here is my Speed timeline.....

Strykers - Funjets - Vip 1 Pylon - Enigma F5B - Sunracer Pylon - Absolute F5B - and now I will be maidening my Viper F5D this weekend hopefully.

I am also looking at the Jolt and X-plane.
johnnyrocco123 is offline Find More Posts by johnnyrocco123
Old Jun 14, 2012, 08:36 PM
Joined Nov 2006
2 Posts
i hear you, all i fly is 50cc 3d and now getting board with it.after watching the 200+ screamin runs,i now am looking into one of these.i made my mind up between the X plane or the Swist one of the two.but for the rest i have been reeding everything i can on the motor and gear box's.
you guy's will get tired of hearing from me because i know nothing at all about motors or why you use a gear box.
closetguy is offline Find More Posts by closetguy
Old Jun 14, 2012, 09:29 PM
Joined Aug 2010
2,810 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by closetguy View Post
i hear you, all i fly is 50cc 3d and now getting board with it.after watching the 200+ screamin runs,i now am looking into one of these.i made my mind up between the X plane or the Swist one of the two.but for the rest i have been reeding everything i can on the motor and gear box's.
you guy's will get tired of hearing from me because i know nothing at all about motors or why you use a gear box.
Sorry if i had anything to do with that on the other web site ....You need any help,just hit me up.....I can help with motor,prop,esc,and gear boxes,and airframes.....Just not the 3sec burst switch flying....yet
Old Jun 14, 2012, 10:18 PM
Tim Lampe; Hobbico R&D
Champaign, IL
Joined Dec 2009
3,706 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyrocco123 View Post
Yeah, I fly 30cc, and 50cc 3D for the most part, but I have been into the High Performance stuff for a while

Like you, I don't know anyone locally that flies pylon, or F5B. I learned everything I know about it right here. Tim (KRProton) is a great guy BTW.

Here is my Speed timeline.....

Strykers - Funjets - Vip 1 Pylon - Enigma F5B - Sunracer Pylon - Absolute F5B - and now I will be maidening my Viper F5D this weekend hopefully.

I am also looking at the Jolt and X-plane.
Thanks Matt!

After you maiden your Viper you'll wonder what was all the fuss about - it should fly fabulously - nice and smooth. Remember to spend some time up high, power off playing with the elevator giving it more and more to see how slow it will actually glide. This will build your confidence and help you on landing.

Tim
KRProton is online now Find More Posts by KRProton
Old Jun 14, 2012, 10:20 PM
Tim Lampe; Hobbico R&D
Champaign, IL
Joined Dec 2009
3,706 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by VooDoo Child View Post
On a side note,if not for Jackosmeister and KRProton....i would not be flying any of these if not for them...I CAME IN BLIND and beat the out of these two with questions and PM's.....i am still amazed they have not told me to BLOW I owe them Big Time for the fun i am having (class act guys that the world could use alot more of)....My girl HATES them though ....OK,i am going back to not posting tell i have something to show on my X
Side side note....it was johnnyrocco who got me to work on the Rifle after he posted his video of the wing folding. He got me started and I learned most of what I know from jackosmeister, so pay it forward!

Tim
KRProton is online now Find More Posts by KRProton
Old Jun 14, 2012, 10:32 PM
200mph +
New Zealand, Manawatu-Wanganui, Palmerston North
Joined Sep 2010
930 Posts
We all have someone in common to blame when we end up poor and always in trouble with the wife/girlfriend for buying something bigger/faster/more powerful.

Jacko got me into this and taught me most of the little I know aswell

Slightly back on track now
sykotic is online now Find More Posts by sykotic
Old Jun 14, 2012, 11:01 PM
Joined Aug 2010
2,810 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sykotic View Post
We all have someone in common to blame when we end up poor and always in trouble with the wife/girlfriend for buying something bigger/faster/more powerful.

Jacko got me into this and taught me most of the little I know aswell

Slightly back on track now
I am starting to see a pattern here....Jacko is the devil
Old Jun 15, 2012, 07:03 AM
Joined Aug 2009
1,292 Posts
Considering an outrunner on the XPlane. A Kontronik mini-Pyro.
Numbers look good on a 7x10 APC prop.
Trying to figure a way to mount the motor.

Opinions?
Chuchuf is online now Find More Posts by Chuchuf
Old Jun 15, 2012, 06:21 PM
Joined Aug 2010
2,810 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuchuf View Post
Considering an outrunner on the XPlane. A Kontronik mini-Pyro.
Numbers look good on a 7x10 APC prop.
Trying to figure a way to mount the motor.

Opinions?
GO MAN GO !.....I wanted to do the outrunner,or big inrunner with 7X9 so bad....but in the end,i stuck with my original plan,and now have everything i need (almost).....I for 1 would just dig seeing you go forward with it.......Now go cut that nose off
Old Jun 15, 2012, 06:23 PM
Joined Aug 2010
2,810 Posts
Did i read somewere in here that a D47 is doable for the X tail ? I will be heading to the LHS tomorrow,and was thinking about swapping the D60 out for it.....I will go back and try to search some more-but i think it was Rich that posted it.
Old Jun 15, 2012, 06:27 PM
One Idiot is plenty...
Planet Earth
Joined Jun 2005
5,133 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by VooDoo Child View Post
Did i read somewere in here that a D47 is doable for the X tail ? I will be heading to the LHS tomorrow,and was thinking about swapping the D60 out for it.....I will go back and try to search some more-but i think it was Rich that posted it.
Makes no sense swapping D 60 for D47.
Yuri.
Dbox is online now Find More Posts by Dbox
Old Jun 15, 2012, 06:37 PM
Crashing into the sky!
Auckland NZ
Joined Aug 2007
7,230 Posts
Hahah, so Tims a great guy and im the devil?

I can live with that.

Everything I know is from spending way too much time reading this forum, then trying/burning/crashing/flying stuff.

You think there are not many people flying high performance in Florida?, try come to NZ! You could count the number on two hands, cool thing is, two year ago you could count them on one hand with many fingers to spare

EDIT -
+1 on swapping the D47 for the D60, sounds like an unneccesary risk with very little too gain (unless you plan on using the X as a DLG.. )
jackosmeister is online now Find More Posts by jackosmeister
Old Jun 15, 2012, 06:38 PM
Joined Aug 2010
2,810 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbox View Post
Makes no sense swapping D 60 for D47.
Yuri.
It did in my mind But i will now stick with my D60 (i look to save weight any place i can,sorry-that is from years of building Freestyle planes) So what do you think about putting an outrunner on the front of one of your X-Planes ? Come on man,we all know you have run it through your head