HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 05, 2012, 07:25 AM
Joined Feb 2012
352 Posts
I guess it's Mr Jacobi working with the 3D model of the clubhouse pictured above. It's time consuming work, with an endless amount of details to consider. It must be faster and easier to build the real thing than creating a good virtual model of it.

3D-Modellierung im PhoenixCreator Teil 1 (8 min 34 sec)
Fatgadget is offline Find More Posts by Fatgadget
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 05, 2012, 07:45 AM
Joined Feb 2012
352 Posts
Harald B, this one's just amazing! It will be available soon on his homepage. We're waiting for this one. Fantastic job! (Wunderbar).

Ich hab noch einen Koffer in Berlin... (lalalalala)

Phoenix RC-Szenerie Berlin-Tempelhof-Startbahn (2 min 7 sec)
Last edited by Fatgadget; Jul 05, 2012 at 11:24 PM.
Old Jul 05, 2012, 10:08 AM
Joined Feb 2012
352 Posts
REQUEST Is there anyone out there with first hand experience flying gliders, models or real ones, who can make a good and realistic Weather Profile for the HHH Red Rock slope scenery? There are 10 parameters to adjust in order to make it work with this specific flying site. Is wind realistic in Phoenix RC? Please make one, and mail it to this thread. (All your saved adjustments are stored in the Weather Setups folder under Documents - PhoenixRC).

Mail the PXW file like another variants or scheme's file.

Hármashatár-hegy (HHH) Vörös-kővár: http://members.iif.hu/laszlo.csaba/Phoenix_HHH_V_HQ.ZIP ("Red Rock slope")
Last edited by Fatgadget; Jul 06, 2012 at 11:55 AM.
Old Jul 06, 2012, 02:43 PM
Joined Jul 2011
215 Posts
how do you create areas with more drag? (have tried mat and area with foliage but no luck)
Danny_Swe is offline Find More Posts by Danny_Swe
Old Jul 06, 2012, 06:45 PM
Joined Feb 2012
352 Posts
Danny: Csaba struggled with the same problem, and left it unresolved. It's like you're slamming into a brick wall when you land or taxi around his otherwise excellent Budaörs flying site. Leave it as it is if you don't come up with a solution. (But a new sun would be very nice, not the psychedelic one your fisheye lens suggested). Water-, grass-, and concrete/asphalt texture values are all presets? Remember the Japanese one you created, Kanayama? You added water values to the sand area, you're sliding along it like water with floats on the aircraft. It's not possible to add your own drag values?

I must have a go at it myself. Is there a place where you can download freeware panorama shots to learn the process? Just for testing, not publishing.

Maybe your scenery is slightly overexposed. Does it improve when you tone it down a couple of steps? (Shadows will also be darker, judge for yourself if it's any good).

high on grass, Budaörs:
Last edited by Fatgadget; Jul 07, 2012 at 08:14 AM.
Old Jul 06, 2012, 07:23 PM
Joined Jul 2011
215 Posts
ok, yes that's a problem. No I don't know of any way of changing the values, you can just use a preset. But a funny thing is that it doesn't seem to make any difference. But I will have another try anyway. That brick-thing was not nice in that scenery. On my site the grass is like 40 cm high, so there I think would be better with a brick on the high grass. Small models will definitely get some damage if landing in there IRL. But I don't know. Would feel strange maybe. And btw, who flies small models in sim?

Yes have a go yourself. It's really fun once you get the hang of it. Check out Haralds tutorial. You can get panoramas from that same site where I got Kanayama. Or search for "equirectangular panorama".

It's not overexposed. It's HDR. "High Dynamic Range", a technique where you capture lights and shadows in a way so the dynamic range is much more than usual. More than the eye can see. No blowouts are black parts, you get much more detail. That's why the shadows looks a little brighter perhaps and that the sunflare is extra spectacular. Actually, most photos of a sun on a sunny day looks more or less like that, check out the sun on kanayama. It's a little like the same, but not as much.
Old Jul 06, 2012, 10:05 PM
Joined Feb 2012
352 Posts
Danny, you're right. It's not overexposed when you load it up and fly on a big screen. It looks like a very fine Nordic summer day. The high grass makes it special and charming. If you invited your German friends over, they would have cut the field and planted beautiful flowerbeds all around. It's another mentality! But Puzom has a good point: The models are too dark, it's not like they're really part of the scenery, check the Sea Kings below. You must brighten them up. Puzom left some magic numbers in post #90, to increase the ambient/sun light, try them out and see if it looks better. Stay away from the long grass, don't make a brick wall as you cross over from the lawn, it's terribly annoying when you hit it! Leave it as it is, same drag all over the field. AND... The sun is too bloody Catholic. This is Gřteborg, Sweden. Make it Protestant. Please.

Project Kungälv MFK (test 3)
Old Jul 06, 2012, 11:09 PM
Joined Feb 2012
352 Posts
Found this one on You Tube. It's more like a little experiment than a finished project. It's a very good idea though, making a mini carrier for model aircraft. Phoenix should have made one from the start as a part of their own collection of flying sites. This one is perfect if you want to test your wheelbreaks. Many thanks, SirFlavalot, nice work, even if it's just a sketch.

Model Aircraft Carrier: http://www.dccoding.com/ACX98.zip
Old Jul 06, 2012, 11:11 PM
Joined Feb 2012
352 Posts
A cool video of the model aircraft carrier linked above:

My Phoenix RC Aircraft Carrier Flying Site (1 min 29 sec)
Old Jul 07, 2012, 06:09 AM
Joined Jul 2011
215 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatgadget View Post
Danny, you're right. It's not overexposed when you load it up and fly on a big screen. It looks like a very fine Nordic summer day. The high grass makes it special and charming. If you invited your German friends over, they would have cut the field and planted beautiful flowerbeds all around. It's another mentality! But Puzom has a good point: The models are too dark, it's not like they're really part of the scenery, check the Sea Kings below. You must brighten them up. Puzom left some magic numbers in post #90, to increase the ambient/sun light, try them out and see if it looks better. Stay away from the long grass, don't make a brick wall as you cross over from the lawn, it's terribly annoying when you hit it! Leave it as it is, same drag all over the field. AND... The sun is too bloody Catholic. This is Gřteborg, Sweden. Make it Protestant. Please.
Thanks for your efforts mate! Really appreciate it! I will see what to do about the sun. Ok, no brick on the grass! I agree on that. The light values, yes I have changed in the latest version that I'm working on, it looks a little funny with stock values haha, so the German would neat the field up, we're too lazy for that. Don't even have made good tables for the models. Btw, check out my latest flight video, I made a little promo for the field
Old Jul 07, 2012, 09:43 AM
Joined Jul 2011
215 Posts
Kungälv - Done

Finally I think I'm done with this (?). Have added lot's of crash objects, positions, windsock. No higher drag in the long grass unfortunately, didn't seem solvable.

This is a special version with different sun, added also a lawnmower man that will fix the field so it gets nice! Not a German, but at least he's flying German

What do you think? I will publish the other version later when I've tried it some more. I think I dig the sun so I will keep that one also

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/41264390/pho..._kungalvfg.zip
Old Jul 07, 2012, 10:21 AM
Joined Feb 2012
352 Posts
OK. Testing now. Sun looks better. Give me half an hour!
Old Jul 07, 2012, 11:53 AM
Joined Oct 2007
710 Posts
László Csaba and me (Mike Engel) have been working on a new water Photofield: Playa Tortuga. Cancún, México.

- Beautiful resort, photo taken standing in the sea.
- Distances etc. have been measured with Google Earth Pro.
- Multiple starting/landing points (press CTRL+P)
- Includes file "PlayaTortugaCancun.wav" which is silent. You can replace it with your own ambient sound if you like, keep file name.
(Note: PhoenixRC v4.0k has the ambient sound disabled. Will get enabled in the next update)

Download here

Enjoy!
Puzom is offline Find More Posts by Puzom
Last edited by Puzom; Jul 18, 2012 at 08:18 AM.
Old Jul 07, 2012, 03:14 PM
Joined Jul 2011
215 Posts
really nice Puzom! Have been flying it for an hour and a half!! feels great with some warmth and sea!! but I found some graphic bug in the water close to where you stand. See photo. Don't know if that's something that can be solved (don't think so!?) ...fantastic site!
Old Jul 07, 2012, 04:07 PM
Joined Oct 2007
710 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny_Swe View Post
really nice Puzom! Have been flying it for an hour and a half!! feels great with some warmth and sea!! but I found some graphic bug in the water close to where you stand. See photo. Don't know if that's something that can be solved (don't think so!?) ...fantastic site!
Thanks!

No sadly this a bug in the sim. I've reported this bug to PhoenixRC support some time ago, hope they will fix it.
Puzom is offline Find More Posts by Puzom