Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Apr 07, 2011, 04:18 PM
United States, NY, Lyndonville
Joined Mar 2011
1 Posts
Discussion
A few dumb questions

I have a big lama,syma 107, and a double horse 9053. The big lama I got last summer...no prior helicopter experience except riding in them & jumping out into unpleasant situations. 5 minutes after the ups guy pulled up & handed me the lama I was bouncing it off my kitchen ceiling, I put it away & got back to my real life. Over the winter I had more time to experiment and began smashing into most of the walls and ceilings in my house. I have recently bought the other 2 and feel comfortable with the syma 107, the double horse volitation and I after a few semi-sucessful hovers took a walk outside on what I thought was a calm enough day & before I could say "oh sh-t!....it was 100 feet in the air & heading for the lake ( I live on the shore of Lake Ontario), I got it down reasonably soft (broke the skids) & realized this thing had no "balls" unlike the big lama. The extremely light breeze was taking it to Toronto, so anyway...what exactly is a 400 or 450 class helicopter & where is a good place to get parts? X-heli always seems to be out of stock.

Thanks for any basic advice

Don
Donzter is offline Find More Posts by Donzter
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 07, 2011, 05:03 PM
Professional heli wrecker
United States, WA, Spokane
Joined Oct 2010
4,205 Posts
On your Bol just hop on to the Bol thread here and go for it. The guys there have tons of experience and lots of advice and resources. The 400-450 size is considered a mini overall and anything under its size is considered a micro.
Luvmyhelis is offline Find More Posts by Luvmyhelis
Old Apr 07, 2011, 05:08 PM
I'm FAMOUS
Joined Mar 2010
5,108 Posts
The basic problem you are having is getting your copters swapped: Three chan's are indoor-only, unless it is dead as a doornail out.
The LAMA needs room for you to get better at needing less room to fly it. Out door-only, unless it you have access to a really BIG indoors.
Killbucket only flies indoors.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donzter View Post
I have a big lama,syma 107, and a double horse 9053. -edit-
X-heli always seems to be out of stock.

Thanks for any basic advice

Don

I think Xheli needs to review their policy of keeping unavailable items listed.

The 9100's been listed there since day one, but I had to go elsewhere to get one, that same day.

It makes them look less than responsible if it's low stock at issue, and makes them look dishonest otherwise.
I just plain don't bother to look at their site anymore, because so many times, I've seen "out of stock" under something current and interesting...to all of us...HM.
IMHO.
killbucket is offline Find More Posts by killbucket
Last edited by killbucket; Apr 08, 2011 at 07:16 AM.
Old Apr 08, 2011, 06:06 AM
Vroooom putta putta putta
Joined Feb 2011
1,092 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by killbucket View Post
I think Xheli needs to review their policy of keeping unavailable items listed.
Their Google ads pointing to OOS items must be costing them money as well.

Click
"Out of Stock"
screw them
Back button
SubtleT is offline Find More Posts by SubtleT