New Products Flash Sale
Old May 12, 2015, 01:12 AM
Find More Posts by 1101
New Zealand, Auckland
Joined Dec 2008
659 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniirwan View Post
The BlueWonder motor that you're using on your Tek, which version is it? The 1300kv one? What size prop are you using? How does it fly with such a tiny motor?
Its either a 1500KV or a 1700Kv, pretty sure its 1700kv.

7" prop, 1300mAh 3cell lipo. Balances perfectly with any added weights.
Thats all thats needed, a big motor just isnt need for a wing like this.
Because the motor is light & small, a huge heavy batt isnt needed so the wing stays light.
It flies great, goes vertical easily. Good flight times. Not super fast , but fast enough for me. I hardly ever even run it more than 1/2 throttle.

I read of one guy using a 24g bluewonder to power his Parkzone T28 !!!!
1101 is offline Find More Posts by 1101
to remove ads between posts
Old May 12, 2015, 11:55 AM
Find More Posts by Woody_99
Too much is just not enough...
Joined Jan 2009
1,188 Posts
I've got a blue wonder, 3000 kva on a mini, with 800ma 3s.
It hauls A$$. Without exageration, it's doing at least 60 mph and is a blast to fly.
Still light, and can fly slow too, but that doesn't happen too often.
Woody_99 is offline Find More Posts by Woody_99
Old May 14, 2015, 09:10 PM
2lo
Find More Posts by 2lo
2lo
San Angelo, Texas
Joined Jan 2007
164 Posts
After stepping back 2 years from flying gas 3 D. (any kind of flying for that matter) I picked up one of the 900 mm. and installed the 2826/2200 kv , 2200 mah a couple of 9gm metal gear servos (seemed to be the setup consensus) from hobbyking. Never bought anything from nitroplanes or hobbyking. Heck this whole plane ready to fly cost less than 1 servo in my gassers! Any way shipping was great , plane went together easy. set up the reflex 3mm as suggested. CG wound up about 198mm .I did add 3 clicks of up just in case, took it out during maiden. Hand launching was easy! never done that before. Flys great. No speedster, but still pretty fast for close in flying. slow flying is stable too. Slow enough for me to catch it the first couple of flights. what a rush, never done that either.
I'm impressed with it. Pretty sure there will be more popping up at the field.
2lo is offline Find More Posts by 2lo
Old May 21, 2015, 08:29 AM
Find More Posts by maclover1234
Is it summer yet?
United States, IL, Chgo
Joined Apr 2013
62 Posts
does anyone have a sketch for the winglets?
maclover1234 is offline Find More Posts by maclover1234
Old May 21, 2015, 02:46 PM
Find More Posts by crave
KnowWhatIMean
Joined Jul 2013
1,297 Posts
which one mini or sport? You just want a traced part, or a snap shot of the part.
crave is online now Find More Posts by crave
Old May 21, 2015, 03:30 PM
Find More Posts by kman24
Addicted To Flying Foam
United States, NE, Bennington
Joined Jan 2010
5,343 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2lo View Post
After stepping back 2 years from flying gas 3 D. (any kind of flying for that matter) I picked up one of the 900 mm. and installed the 2826/2200 kv , 2200 mah a couple of 9gm metal gear servos (seemed to be the setup consensus) from hobbyking. Never bought anything from nitroplanes or hobbyking. Heck this whole plane ready to fly cost less than 1 servo in my gassers! Any way shipping was great , plane went together easy. set up the reflex 3mm as suggested. CG wound up about 198mm .I did add 3 clicks of up just in case, took it out during maiden. Hand launching was easy! never done that before. Flys great. No speedster, but still pretty fast for close in flying. slow flying is stable too. Slow enough for me to catch it the first couple of flights. what a rush, never done that either.
I'm impressed with it. Pretty sure there will be more popping up at the field.
You might want to pick up the mini popwing, as well. It is just as fun and can be carried in the back of your vehicle for those last minute flights when you are out and about

Kman
kman24 is offline Find More Posts by kman24
Old May 21, 2015, 03:42 PM
Find More Posts by maclover1234
Is it summer yet?
United States, IL, Chgo
Joined Apr 2013
62 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crave View Post
which one mini or sport? You just want a traced part, or a snap shot of the part.
I have the 900mm popwing. I just need a sketch with lengths so I can cut one out.
Thank you
maclover1234 is offline Find More Posts by maclover1234
Old May 21, 2015, 03:51 PM
Find More Posts by kman24
Addicted To Flying Foam
United States, NE, Bennington
Joined Jan 2010
5,343 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by maclover1234 View Post
does anyone have a sketch for the winglets?
How's this... I just happen to be working on mine and I had it handy.

My 900mm has been out of action since last summer since the battery ejected midflight and got stuck in a tree for a few days. I managed to rebuild my battery bay and it much more secure now. Luckily, there was practically no damage to the wing other than a few tree limb pokes and some bird poop that I had to clean off

Kman
kman24 is offline Find More Posts by kman24
Old May 22, 2015, 11:00 PM
2lo
Find More Posts by 2lo
2lo
San Angelo, Texas
Joined Jan 2007
164 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kman24 View Post
You might want to pick up the mini popwing, as well. It is just as fun and can be carried in the back of your vehicle for those last minute flights when you are out and about

Kman

yea, I think I'm going to get another one and try this in FPV form. Looks like it could be fun fast and low I haven't done any FPV yet either!
Talk about endless research for a setup
2lo is offline Find More Posts by 2lo
Old Today, 05:31 AM
Find More Posts by Azarr
Old age is not for sissies
Dayton Intl, Ohio, United States
Joined Jan 2000
8,260 Posts
Has anyone converted the mini to a tractor? I'm planning on doing some camping this summer and need something portable and more stealthy than a pusher. Or a suggestion for any small tractor wing would be appreciated, preferably something with wing tip plates rather than a central vertical stab so I can make them easily removable.

Azarr
Azarr is offline Find More Posts by Azarr
Old Today, 06:09 AM
Find More Posts by crave
KnowWhatIMean
Joined Jul 2013
1,297 Posts
Once fine tuned this is a very enjoyable craft. mini that is. wish the push rods were not the micro, lol.
crave is online now Find More Posts by crave