HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 04, 2013, 09:29 PM
Psalm 37:4
Litchfield Park, AZ.
Joined Jun 2006
202 Posts
Testors Cosmic Winds

Ah Clem,

Thanks for the link. Now I need to find some white marble for a photo shoot.

I have 4 Cosmic Winds without the tail wheel mold at the bottom end of the fuselage. Three of them are the dark orange type and the other is the white Freedom Flyer. They all have the newer type Testors/McCoy engine with the extended intake venturi.

Yes, the bell crank is white on all my red firewall Winds with the dark orange fuselage.

The Freedom Flyer looks the same as my Sprit of 76 except for the vert. stab. decal and no tail wheel.
HawkHunter is offline Find More Posts by HawkHunter
Last edited by HawkHunter; Mar 04, 2013 at 09:40 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old May 10, 2014, 06:29 AM
United States, IA, Cedar Rapids
Joined Apr 2006
477 Posts
HawkHunter,

Thanks for posting all of the pictures! I had either the Freedom Flyer or the Spirit of '76 when I was quite young. I only got it started 3 times and flew it twice - my friends got bored of trying to get it running pretty fast and I didn't have any experts around to help. When it did run, it seems like I just over corrected again and again and it bounced up and down on the asphalt, but it took it. It seems like I started to get it to fly straighter once, but once it ran, I could never get it to start again that day. But I loved that plane!

I'd gone searching the internet and found some pictures of other Testors models, but not in that distinctive 1976 style. Your pictures really bring back some happy memories. Thanks!
mark963 is offline Find More Posts by mark963
Old May 30, 2014, 06:26 AM
Psalm 37:4
Litchfield Park, AZ.
Joined Jun 2006
202 Posts
Large Testors Cosmic Wind

I'm glad you liked the photos.
The Testors Cosmic Wind and the Cox PT-19 started my flying model hobby in the mid 1970's.
One word comes to mind......FUN!!!
HawkHunter is offline Find More Posts by HawkHunter
Old May 31, 2014, 01:07 PM
Team Compass/KBDD Team Pilot
Joined Mar 2005
3,345 Posts
"The Testors Cosmic Wind and the Cox PT-19 started my flying model hobby in the mid 1970's.
One word comes to mind......FUN!!"

The last control line plane I flew recently was a large, Testors Cosmic Wind-wonderful airplane.

One of the firs that I flew a few years ago when I started flying control line again was the Cox PT-19. Another wonderful airplane!
Ah Clem is offline Find More Posts by Ah Clem