SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 10, 2012, 04:48 PM
Breaker of Things
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Dec 2011
251 Posts
Discussion
Horrible customer service

I've had 1 normal experience with Nitroplanes.com (ordered a plane once, it arrived a few days later), and now, one pitiful experience.

A week ago I ordered a quadcopter from Nitroplanes (aka HobbyPartz.com). A day after ordering I got an email saying the quad was out of stock and asking me what I'd like to do.

On a whim, I checked the site and saw that not only was the item still listed in stock, so was the same quad with a different colored frame. Knowing that the stock status couldn't be trusted, I called the toll free sales number. They insisted that the one I originally wanted wasn't in stock but that its different colored variation was - in fact they had "tons and tons" (exact quote).

So I replied to the original email asking what I wanted to do with:

Quote:
I don't want to wait for the black one. Please replace it with the yellow one.
Seems simple right?

5 days later, no reply. No change in status.

So I try submitting a support ticket. No go - every time I try to submit the ticket it tells me that I got the little code wrong that proves I'm a human. 10 times, 10 correct codes, always wrong.

Fine. I call their support number. After waiting for an hour without hearing a human being I hang up.

Then I try their chat support. Within 10 minutes I'm talking to a guy named Richard.

Richard is friendly, but it's obvious he has no power to do anything. Here's a choice part of the conversation:

Quote:
Richard: We're all out of quads.
Richard: Did you want the kit version of the Quad?
Me: Can you send me a link to the kit version? Does it have all the electronics?
Richard: It has nothing, just the frame.
Me: So what's the point of offering it? It's like I ordered a pair of shoes and you're thinking I'll be happy with just shoelaces instead.
So, clearly, when you get an email from this company asking what you'd like to do when your stuff is on backorder, you may as well cancel because they sure as heck don't respond to whatever it is you'd like to do, and by the time you get so fed up they'll have no way of helping you anyways.

I wonder sometimes if people *think* they're providing customer service, when really all their providing is "order cancellation friction in the hopes canceling is worse than whatever horrible experience we've let them pay for".

Customer service should actually be able to be of service to a customer.

So I asked Richard to cancel my order. He said "you'll get an email when it's cancelled." I have very little trust that it'll get cancelled.

Pitiful.
elbowdonkey is offline Find More Posts by elbowdonkey
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 16, 2012, 03:31 PM
United States, WA, Pasco
Joined Aug 2011
32 Posts
Their Customer Service treated me well.

I ordered an EDF motor, fan, servos and 2200mah battery and they sent an email saying the battery was on backorder and what should they do. The website still showed the battery in-stock. I responded, ship the remaining stuff and give me free shipping on the battery when stock arrives.

They never responded, but I get a package and it has everything in it. But, then I get another email a few days later asking if they'd shipped the battery. So, I can conclude they have internal issues.

Anyhow, the motor was defective and they shipped a replacement motor. I had called their 800 number because the online ticket system is broken as you found out. The phone agent was very nice and agreed to ship a replacement motor. I didn't even have to send the defective one back!
jetada is offline Find More Posts by jetada