SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Closed Thread
Old Aug 21, 2012, 12:17 PM
United States, TX, Kerrville
Joined Oct 2003
2,273 Posts
Turnigy Keycam

I bought this keycam as an "oh well." addendum to anothe Hobby King order. So it got here with no instructions, of cuss.

Laid it aside since I had no idea of how to use it. So, low and behold, I find some generic instructions on this thread!

So, charged it up and doggoned if it doesn't work. Then the fun began in trying to insert the date & time. I messed with downloading apps & trying them, writing scrips & trying manual loads, ad infinitum.

Fjnally, I tried turning the cam "ON" before hooking it to the PC's USB port. All the instructions tell you NOT to do this.

Well, it worked! Maybe the instructions need to be changed. ??

Gonna hang the cam on one of my trainers and get some video of the flying field and surrounding area soon.

CR
Charley38 is offline Find More Posts by Charley38
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 21, 2012, 02:48 PM
Sweden, Östergötland County, Linköping
Joined Jun 2011
42 Posts
As i understand the camera that´s sold by Hobby-king is a # 7.
So it´s not a # 11.
Check this out:http://www.chucklohr.com/808/

Best regards , Hasse
Hasse.69 is offline Find More Posts by Hasse.69
Old Aug 21, 2012, 04:26 PM
Must not buy more planes!
USA, KS, Wichita
Joined Jul 2010
2,347 Posts
Cross-post: #16 vs #11.
mclarkson is offline Find More Posts by mclarkson
Old Aug 22, 2012, 06:00 AM
Joined Aug 2012
1 Posts
635 pages. Wow.
I tried going through the pages but it's just too many.
I need to know if the #11 camera can be modified to autostart recording and loop recording like other car cameras.
Choice777 is offline Find More Posts by Choice777
Old Aug 22, 2012, 06:20 AM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
7,906 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Choice777 View Post
635 pages. Wow.
I need to know if the #11 camera can be modified to autostart recording and loop recording like other car cameras.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=3531
e_lm_70 is online now Find More Posts by e_lm_70
Old Aug 22, 2012, 07:15 AM
Joined Nov 2010
2,540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Choice777 View Post
635 pages. Wow.
It's been a long time since there have been any updates for the #11........

Autostart (pressing the power button will automatically start recording) only exists in the #16. Neither the #11 or the #18 have this functionality.

Loop recording can easily be set in the #16 and a separate firmware for loop recording is available for the #18. There is no loop recording firmware for the #11.

Autostart can be implemented by using external control circuitry and a hardware modification. Click here for a link to the most popular hardware hacks.
Isoprop is offline Find More Posts by Isoprop
Old Aug 24, 2012, 05:12 PM
Quad guys are 4x the fun :)
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Mar 2012
833 Posts
Image is now off a bit...

My #11 hit the sidewalk a few days ago, bad mounting on my part.
The lens has seemingly rotated about 4-5 degrees to the right. This can be adjusted for by placing one thickness of foam tape beneath the right edge, about a quarter of the way into the center.

I'm assuming from looking at the pics of this camera taken apart at the topic beginning, that the lens can be rotated back to the left to correct this?

Maybe I should just lean it a bit to the left when mounting. I can just imagine my oh so delicate fingers and touch only making it worse.
Also it's not as if my flights are dead level most or even part of the time. I'm just more interested in knowing it can be fixed.
BD Murdock is offline Find More Posts by BD Murdock
Last edited by BD Murdock; Aug 24, 2012 at 05:51 PM.
Old Aug 24, 2012, 05:39 PM
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
17,701 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BD Murdock View Post
My #11 hit the sidewalk a few days ago, bad mounting on my part.
Now the image leans to the left a bit, probably no more than 3-4 degrees below horizontal, to the left.

I'm assuming from looking at the pics of this camera taken apart at the topic beginning, that the lens can be rotated / twisted / screwed back to the right to correct this?

Maybe I should just lean it a bit to the right when mounting. I can just imagine my oh so delicate fingers and touch only making it worse.
If the camera still takes sharp pictures, you should only have to reposition the CMOS module to straighten it with the case and not have to touch the lens. It's screwed into the odule and usually fixed in place with a dab or two of glue. The module is a loose fit in the case and connected to the circuit board via a ribbon cable. The module is usually held in position centered on the hole in the case by either a dab of silicon or hot melt adhesive, or some double-sided foam tape. Should be an easy fix.
Tom Frank is offline Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Old Aug 24, 2012, 05:54 PM
Quad guys are 4x the fun :)
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Mar 2012
833 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank View Post
If the camera still takes sharp pictures, you should only have to reposition the CMOS module to straighten it with the case and not have to touch the lens. It's screwed into the odule and usually fixed in place with a dab or two of glue. The module is a loose fit in the case and connected to the circuit board via a ribbon cable. The module is usually held in position centered on the hole in the case by either a dab of silicon or hot melt adhesive, or some double-sided foam tape. Should be an easy fix.
Thanks very much Tom, I do appreciate it.
BD Murdock is offline Find More Posts by BD Murdock
Old Aug 24, 2012, 10:17 PM
United States, AR, Midway
Joined Jun 2012
19 Posts
to do the time and date

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley38 View Post
I bought this keycam as an "oh well." addendum to anothe Hobby King order. So it got here with no instructions, of cuss.

Laid it aside since I had no idea of how to use it. So, low and behold, I find some generic instructions on this thread!

So, charged it up and doggoned if it doesn't work. Then the fun began in trying to insert the date & time. I messed with downloading apps & trying them, writing scrips & trying manual loads, ad infinitum.

Fjnally, I tried turning the cam "ON" before hooking it to the PC's USB port. All the instructions tell you NOT to do this.

Well, it worked! Maybe the instructions need to be changed. ??

Gonna hang the cam on one of my trainers and get some video of the flying field and surrounding area soon.

CR
i have 808 to and this update the time and date do the zip on it make sure the 808 to your computer http://www.software-schlosser.de/ind...808setclock_en ty have a good night
tisdale is offline Find More Posts by tisdale
Old Aug 25, 2012, 06:01 AM
Joined Nov 2010
2,540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tisdale View Post
i have 808 to and this update the time and date do the zip on it make sure the 808 to your computer http://www.software-schlosser.de/ind...808setclock_en ty have a good night
This is a #11 thread. The program you linked will not update the time of the #11 / #18.

I wrote two different programs to update the date and time of the #11 over a year ago.
1. Nr11Timeset.exe. Original posting here.
2. Nr11AutoTimeset.exe. Original posting here.

These two programs should also update the date and time on the #18.
Old Aug 25, 2012, 02:35 PM
Joined Aug 2012
7 Posts
I'm in need of help.
Why does my camera stop recording after 7min then I turn it on and it records for another 6min then turns off again...
What could be wrong Cam is 808#11 V2
robix07 is offline Find More Posts by robix07
Old Aug 25, 2012, 03:16 PM
Joined Nov 2010
2,540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robix07 View Post
I'm in need of help.
Why does my camera stop recording after 7min then I turn it on and it records for another 6min then turns off again...
What could be wrong Cam is 808#11 V2
I don't have a V2 but to me your problem can only be caused by two things: Either your battery is going downhill or your card is "problematic". Yes, I know this hasn't been discussed in this thread, but I have had similar problems with cards with a high speed rating. If your card is class 6 or above, it could well be a problem with your card. There was a lot of discussion about this on the #16 thread and I created a post with all the problematic cards listed. The problem with the #11 isn't the same, but it exists all the same. However, if the recording speed diminishes each time, I would suspect the battery. Maybe your cable is defective and the battery isn't charging properly. Does the red LED turn on indicating charging?
Old Aug 25, 2012, 04:05 PM
Joined Aug 2012
7 Posts
Yes the red led goes on.
I have Adata 8GB class 10 card.
robix07 is offline Find More Posts by robix07
Old Aug 26, 2012, 06:39 AM
Joined Nov 2010
2,540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robix07 View Post
Yes the red led goes on.
I have Adata 8GB class 10 card.
And does the red LED also go off after a certain time, indicating the battery is charged?

Class 4 is plenty for this camera. Try another card, even class 2 or less, and tell us your results. Adata is not a well known brand. Always use known brand names. Kingston (class 4) is one of the best for this camera, Transcend (class 4) is also good. Samsung and Sandisk are no longer to be trusted, at least with the #16.
Closed Thread