SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 07, 2012, 12:23 AM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,738 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KTMDirtFace View Post
Does alleven have a wheelie bar avail yet?
Not sure KTM, haven't seen it for sale yet.
chktm is online now Find More Posts by chktm
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Test video
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 07, 2012, 12:31 AM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,738 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scoby1 View Post
Hi Guys, this is my first dirtbike which I bought from Atomic recently for the knockdown price of $399 - ( couldn’t resist), anyways I also bought a few parts like chain tensioner and on road tyres. I want to fit a wheelie bar and have ordered this one just to see if it will fit my MM450.

http://www.hobbywow.com/en-metal-upg...59-p232889.htm

Has anyone tried this option? I know its not designed for this bike but do you think it might work?
Scored a bargain eh scoby1, you will definitely need a wheelie bar. Looking at the skyrc bike it may be a bit short for the MM. I guess you'll soon see.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 07, 2012, 03:23 AM
Member #1
Australia, NSW, Picnic Point
Joined Aug 2011
6,904 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellik View Post
That's ridiculous!! Lol I use to fly so I know how big they are now, I have a set coming , how do they fit on the bike!! Lol
Tell me about it! I did know the bike was big, but these things really woke me up to how big it really is going to be!!
Teamsherman is offline Find More Posts by Teamsherman
Old Dec 07, 2012, 09:35 AM
Joined Mar 2012
395 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamsherman View Post
Tell me about it! I did know the bike was big, but these things really woke me up to how big it really is going to be!!
Yeah I can't wait to get my parts. Got the moto wheels, high trq servo, new front fork rebuild kit, and the front brake kit. Do you know what weight is used for the front forks?

I'm really surprised that someone hasn't made a wheelie bar for this bike yet. I think I'm going to use the wheelie bar posted on here with the two prices of aluminum that replaces the stock bar completely
Rellik is offline Find More Posts by Rellik
Old Dec 07, 2012, 10:25 AM
British Columbia, Canada
Joined Jul 2009
289 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chktm View Post
Scored a bargain eh scoby1, you will definitely need a wheelie bar. Looking at the skyrc bike it may be a bit short for the MM. I guess you'll soon see.
I guess so....I will let you know how it works out.
scoby1 is offline Find More Posts by scoby1
Old Dec 07, 2012, 01:45 PM
United States, NY, Poughkeepsie
Joined Apr 2006
149 Posts
Relic,that 2 pc alum. wheelie bar looks tooo stiff.I think it will crack the chassis.Why dont you try what i did here in my video.It costs about $10 on ebay.Just search "mini revo wheelie bar" on ebay.It really does save the backflip 90% of the time.

Atomik MM450 / Venom VMX450 rc bike wheelie bar (1 min 50 sec)
gurumods is offline Find More Posts by gurumods
Old Dec 07, 2012, 02:08 PM
Joined Mar 2012
395 Posts
I seen you video a while ago and was thinking about going that route but I want to do something to eliminate the stock bar, it bends to easy. I have an idea in my head im going to try , But thanx for the tip
Old Dec 07, 2012, 04:46 PM
Joined Aug 2012
413 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamsherman View Post
Size comparison next to a 1/10 Short Course truck ( HPI Blitz )

Quote:
Not sure KTM, haven't seen it for sale yet.
Yea I haven't either, I have the prototype I figured he would have been selling them by now.
KTMDirtFace is offline Find More Posts by KTMDirtFace
Old Dec 07, 2012, 04:52 PM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,738 Posts
Quote:
I seen you video a while ago and was thinking about going that route but I want to do something to eliminate the stock bar, it bends to easy. I have an idea in my head im going to try , But thanx for the tip
You need some give in the bar as like guru says all the stress of a crash will be transferred into the chassis, just my two cents worth. What I do with the shoe goo strengthens the rear guard and tying it all together strengthens it even more. Also no added weight of two big pieces of alloy. I had thought about doing the alloy bar but didn't for these reasons. Each to their own though.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 07, 2012, 09:00 PM
Joined Mar 2012
395 Posts
Quote:
You need some give in the bar as like guru says all the stress of a crash will be transferred into the chassis, just my two cents worth. What I do with the shoe goo strengthens the rear guard and tying it all together strengthens it even more. Also no added weight of two big pieces of alloy. I had thought about doing the alloy bar but didn't for these reasons. Each to their own though.
Not sure I understand what your saying about the shoe goo or what it even is lol?
Old Dec 07, 2012, 09:24 PM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,738 Posts
Quote:
Not sure I understand what your saying about the shoe goo or what it even is lol?
This is shoe goo Rellik. It's used for many things other than shoes. Can be used as a protective coating on cricket bats amongst other things. Vey tough yet flex able also. Still not indestructible but really makes it ten times stronger. Add a few coats and then even as it tears eventually add some more.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/newat...anageattach&p=
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 07, 2012, 09:26 PM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,738 Posts
Quote:
This is how its used.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/newat...anageattach&p=
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 08, 2012, 02:56 AM
If u aint 1st your last
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
1,833 Posts
Anyone know what the low voltage cut off is on the e-gyro?
Throttlejunkie is offline Find More Posts by Throttlejunkie
Old Dec 08, 2012, 03:11 AM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,738 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Throttlejunkie View Post
Anyone know what the low voltage cut off is on the e-gyro?
I don't know TJ, but it is quite low compared to the std speedos cut off. In saying that I haven't had a pack go too low to be charged. But now I stop when I can feel the power drop and turn it off.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 08, 2012, 03:54 AM
If u aint 1st your last
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
1,833 Posts
Quote:
I don't know TJ, but it is quite low compared to the std speedos cut off. In saying that I haven't had a pack go too low to be charged. But now I stop when I can feel the power drop and turn it off.
The reason i asked is i got hold of a 12t pinion today & finally got to run my bike just in the yard where it is very tight & a couple of high speed runs up the road dodging traffic, but the gyro shut down before the motor but i did have a good run time so i am hoping the shut off on the gyro speedo is 3.2 as i know my speedo is set on 3.0 i am charging my battery now to see if it spools up again.

Love the power of the tenshock & i only have the punch & power set on medium can't wait to get it down the park tomorrow hopefully if the gyro still works.
Throttlejunkie is offline Find More Posts by Throttlejunkie