SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 02, 2012, 10:15 PM
United States, NY, New York
Joined Nov 2010
2,384 Posts
If you are refering to the defaults for performance guide settings, I would keep max rate for aileron and elevator stock. Maybe add about -25% expo. And finally zero out cyclic to tail rudder comp.
ridge_racer is offline Find More Posts by ridge_racer
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 02, 2012, 10:43 PM
Kauai
Joined Jan 2011
4,478 Posts
I will give that try tomorrow , it was to windy to tell how well it was flying but the gyro sure compensated for the wind.I also noticed my servos where much quieter while sitting on the bench during setup or while it was still( with my Cx the servos where noisy ).Looking forward to flight test next!Thanks again
Steve
Kauaiguy is offline Find More Posts by Kauaiguy
Old Jul 03, 2012, 05:29 AM
Joined Nov 2010
2,384 Posts
Are you using analog or digital servos?
Old Jul 03, 2012, 08:36 AM
Team Mulikow 3D
Oxfordshire, UK
Joined Jan 2007
4,138 Posts
Any news on how this compare to the Beastx / Tarot ZYX yet ?

I need another FBL controller and it is down to these 3 at the moment (or possibly wait for the MSH Brain).

Thanks,
Mike.
MikeHRC is offline Find More Posts by MikeHRC
Old Jul 03, 2012, 11:19 AM
Kauai
Joined Jan 2011
4,478 Posts
I'm using the Kstds115mg mks95 clone , it's the same one they used in there setup videos.With the Cx 3x1000 the same servo are noisy and they didn't work well ( had to turn the cyclic gain down to 22) and I have them set to the right hz.Also I had vibration issues with the Cx but with the Robird it's smooth as silk with the supplied gyro tape and at all default settings.I took my heli Out again in lighter winds just before evening and did a few loops and fast circuits and really like how it feels so far.The software was very easy to use and was quick to setup.So far this one is a winner!The Beastx and Tarot don't have a built in governor and the Robird's next software update is supposed to include it!
Steve
Last edited by Kauaiguy; Jul 03, 2012 at 04:06 PM.
Old Jul 03, 2012, 07:48 PM
Joined Nov 2010
2,384 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeHRC View Post
Any news on how this compare to the Beastx / Tarot ZYX yet ?

I need another FBL controller and it is down to these 3 at the moment (or possibly wait for the MSH Brain).

Thanks,
Mike.
It is kinda a tie between this and the Beastx V1 clone(HB800) for me. However the HB800 have slightly better tail tuning. The 3GY has really good PC software and is very tunable via the performance guide tab. I also feel the piro optimization is best in class too. Now both of these gyros to me are better than the old Tarot/CopterX/ALZRC 3gys in a sense that they seem to work better and run higher gains with analog servos. I use digital servos right now on both for rock solid stable hovers and 70-75% gains.Beenflying will be able to give more insight as to how it compares to a real Beastx in a few days.
Old Jul 04, 2012, 12:20 AM
United States, RI, Woonsocket
Joined Apr 2010
378 Posts
http://youtu.be/Z1OISc9dK3I http://youtu.be/nkl046t1O40
IFHELI is offline Find More Posts by IFHELI
Last edited by IFHELI; Jul 04, 2012 at 12:27 AM.
Old Jul 06, 2012, 12:44 PM
Kauai
Joined Jan 2011
4,478 Posts
Himodel has the Robird for sale at $66 dollars+ $9 shipping!Might have to get another.
Steve
Old Jul 06, 2012, 01:00 PM
Team Mulikow 3D
Oxfordshire, UK
Joined Jan 2007
4,138 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kauaiguy View Post
Himodel has the Robird for sale at $66 dollars+ $9 shipping!Might have to get another.
Steve
I ran out of self-control and put in my order with them a couple of days ago
MikeHRC is offline Find More Posts by MikeHRC
Old Jul 06, 2012, 05:31 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,969 Posts
That price is looking good! With the continued work robird is doing on this gyro (working with a pro and adding governor), we could end up with a gyro the equivalent of the Mikado Vbar.

Just an FYI, I've started another thread that will have a review and a resource of information (also links back to this thread) in the first post here:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1685138
beenflying is offline Find More Posts by beenflying
Old Jul 06, 2012, 05:50 PM
Micro Boat Forum Founder
United States, GA, Buford
Joined Nov 2007
6,525 Posts
I'm putting that in the first post.
boredom.is.me is offline Find More Posts by boredom.is.me
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RFD900 Case
Old Jul 22, 2012, 11:56 AM
Aviation Technician
Joined Feb 2012
315 Posts
i'm glad i have better self-control than most......
GetToDaChopper is offline Find More Posts by GetToDaChopper
Old Jul 22, 2012, 12:57 PM
Kauai
Joined Jan 2011
4,478 Posts
My second Robird will be here in a few days and I'm thinking of a third.123 trouble free flights so far.I got to flight 6 on my cx3x1000 before it cost me,I add those cost when a calculate value for the money,it's total cost to operate, plus having your heli buss your head on takeoff will change you( near miss)!
Steve
Old Jul 22, 2012, 02:39 PM
United States, RI, Woonsocket
Joined Apr 2010
378 Posts
I got in two test hovers with the Black Widow and new 3GY. They both performed as well as my original 3GY. I used the same performance guide settings on all three and even the same gain setting on tail. Both pots on gyros are set just on the + side of center on all three. I can not wait to get out and see if they all fly about the same.
IFHELI is offline Find More Posts by IFHELI
Old Jul 22, 2012, 03:02 PM
Kauai
Joined Jan 2011
4,478 Posts
I know it's not a fair test but how do the vib-analysis numbers compare?
Steve