HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 26, 2010, 06:46 PM
St.Catharines, Ontario
Joined Jan 2009
10,377 Posts
Build Log
1:7 scale Sepecat Jaguar Build

well, I suppose now that this new forum is up and running, I will bring the Jaguar build over here. no further postings will be listed on the other thread and will continue on here. I'll also post the link on the other thread, to direct over here.

Rich
LuvEvolution7 is offline Find More Posts by LuvEvolution7
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 29, 2010, 04:09 PM
My project: FAIREY DELTA 1
Uden Volkel, Netherlands
Joined Dec 2003
4,976 Posts
Cool!
You can report your 1st post to the mod and request a forum move

greets!
Erik v. Schaik is offline Find More Posts by Erik v. Schaik
Old Apr 29, 2010, 05:25 PM
St.Catharines, Ontario
Joined Jan 2009
10,377 Posts
hmmmmmmmmmmmm, thanks for the hot tip Erik. I appreciate that. I willd o that right now.

Rich
Old Apr 29, 2010, 05:30 PM
My project: FAIREY DELTA 1
Uden Volkel, Netherlands
Joined Dec 2003
4,976 Posts
It may take a few days to move. It worked for my thread!

greets!
Erik
Erik v. Schaik is offline Find More Posts by Erik v. Schaik
Old May 02, 2010, 01:04 AM
Up-Out-&-Gone
United States, SC, Charleston
Joined Mar 2007
16,324 Posts
I hate the idea of cutting a thread in half to repost somewhere else since my jets are 90% foamies I ythink there o.k. where they are for now Sam AkA ConcordeFan suggested I start my build threads here & I might just do that
I think I might start my L-1011 thread here in another few weeks. hey hows your incredible Sepecat Jaguar build comming along Rich?
demondriver is offline Find More Posts by demondriver
RCG Plus Member
Old May 02, 2010, 01:32 AM
St.Catharines, Ontario
Joined Jan 2009
10,377 Posts
I haven't done anything on the Jaguar in a while, since it's flying season and race sason at the dirt track. busy, busy, busy these days. I'll get back on it very soon though.

just do as Erik suggested and report the first post of each of your threads and ask them to move them to this forum. then start your tristar build here, when you get to it. can't wait for that one by the way.

Rich
Old May 04, 2010, 02:01 AM
Up-Out-&-Gone
United States, SC, Charleston
Joined Mar 2007
16,324 Posts

Here's a cool version of the Jaguar the "ACT" version
I like the bulbus wing root over the intake, I think this was a early fly-by-wire variant of the Jaguar.
Rich are you gonna put ordinance on or Jaguar, I.E. sidewinders, laser guided bombs, cluster bombs etc?
demondriver is offline Find More Posts by demondriver
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by demondriver; May 04, 2010 at 12:54 PM.
Old May 04, 2010, 02:11 AM
St.Catharines, Ontario
Joined Jan 2009
10,377 Posts
yes, that is the ACT Jaguar and it's at RAF Cosford................that's where I grew up in England. the LE extensions were put there to make the plane unstable for the FBW system. it was the test bed for the future (back then) EF2000 program, which of course, turned into the Eurofighter program.

as for ordinance, there will be tanks, probably a TIALD pod and bombs. it will also have AIM 9's slung on top of the wing, just like the full size. there will also be others made and all removable, so I can pick and choose what I want sent up for the next sortie. LOL. whichever way I choose, the pylons will be permanent, as the Jag never flew without the pylons on them. it helped with longitudal stability, so they left them on permanently for every flight.

Rich
Old May 04, 2010, 03:51 AM
smithy
Cornwall, UK
Joined Dec 2004
524 Posts
Hey Rich, where abouts near Cosford were you. I've got family down the road at Telford. Every time i visit them i always pop over to Cosford for a browse.

Phil
jumpy is offline Find More Posts by jumpy
Old May 04, 2010, 04:30 AM
St.Catharines, Ontario
Joined Jan 2009
10,377 Posts
well, I was born in Kingswinford, which is between Stourbridge and Wolverhampton and I grew up there in my younger years. then we moved to Bridgnorth, which is a country mile from Telford. LOL. I've spent a lot of time at Cosford...............I love it there. my favourites are the Jags (of course) and the Vulcan bomber, sitting outside.

Rich
Old May 04, 2010, 07:33 AM
smithy
Cornwall, UK
Joined Dec 2004
524 Posts
I think Cosfords changed alot since you were there, they have moved just about everything inside new buildings. I have to say my fav is the TSR2, wow she looks amazing in the flesh, oh what could have been!!!! I know Bridgenorth well, my inlaws live just outside Ironbridge.

Phil
jumpy is offline Find More Posts by jumpy
Old May 04, 2010, 12:31 PM
St.Catharines, Ontario
Joined Jan 2009
10,377 Posts
I'm gonna have to get back over there soon. it's been too long. there's much I miss about England, but everywhere has its positives and home is where you hang your hat. I would actually like to make it there for another Air Tattoo. that is one awesome airshow.
Old May 09, 2010, 09:23 PM
St.Catharines, Ontario
Joined Jan 2009
10,377 Posts
well, I don't have any pics to upload, since our battery is dead in the camera and for some reason, my wife can't find the chrager for the battery. LOL.

anyway, I got home from work last weekend and decided I didn't like looking at the foam sheets sitting against the wall, so I took my newly aquired hot knife and went to town with the formers and foam sections. using a couple of set squares, T's and a chalk line, I managed to glue the cut foam to the formers and get them all in line with the chalk line. I used a hot glue gun with low temp glue sticks to glue the foam/formers together and it seems to have worked out very well indeed. using the old fashioned method, I'm out just a little less the 1mm, which is nothing that can't be fixed with sanding and shaping. I think that's pretty good all things considered.

this weekend, I am spackling the foam to get a good and even coat to glass over. this thing looked big on the wall when I was drawing it, but now it's in the 3D world, it's absolutely HUGE! ! ! ! there's a few spots on it that I'm not completely happy with and I will fix those spots before I glass. not that it's not perfect, it just doesn't look quite right to me, so nothing a few hours of sanding won't take care of.

it's exciting to see it at this stage and I could have been further if I hadn't been lazy. LOL. now it's all sanding and shaping to perfection. I'm sourcing out glassing materials so I can get to the next step of a complete plug. stay tuned for pics.

Rich
Old May 10, 2010, 12:05 AM
Scale Modeler
Canada, ON, Mississauga
Joined Feb 2006
2,009 Posts
Great bro, now it sounds good. Can't wait to see the pics of the plug. Spackeling is good but do take few pics of foam plug before you glass it and post on here. Where will you be getting your resin from since it seems as Smithcraft are gone out of business...

Sam
Concordefan is offline Find More Posts by Concordefan
Old May 10, 2010, 12:14 AM
St.Catharines, Ontario
Joined Jan 2009
10,377 Posts
not sure yet Sam. probably locally at Cross Canada, but I'm gonna check with the guy across the street from my parents first. see where he gets his stuff to make his windsurf boards. I bet he gets it cheaper than most anyway, since he seems to buy so much of it.

I'll post pics once it's got a good slathering of spackle on it and a rough sand.

Rich