Dec 12, 2014, 11:21 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

will the devo 7e bind w/ other walkera helis

Does anyone know if the devo 73 transmitter that comes with the super cp will bind with other walkera helis such as the mini and genius or master cp? and if so will it do so with out modification ?
to remove ads between posts
Dec 13, 2014, 03:40 AM
Should do the binding without any modifications....you also could fly the helis you mention with the same parameters as the Super CP....I do, mine is just a devo 10.....apparently, the significant difference between a Devo 7e, and a Devo 7, 8 s or 10, is that the 7 e has less range...
Dec 13, 2014, 04:43 PM
Thread OP
thx Chespilker. thinking of buying some BNF's my new super cp doesn't seem to have enough power to recover from flips and rolls. it has less that 10 lipos ran through it. it just falls out of the sky. it will invert easy but looses it if i try a full roll over. i have tried new 350mah 25c lipos, tried the 3d transmitter settings from others. still boggs heavy. dono what els to do but spend more $$$
Dec 13, 2014, 09:54 PM
It will bind wirh all Devo birds. If flashed should also work with older non Devo birds also. Like v100D01/ early version of V120d02 etc.
Dec 13, 2014, 11:42 PM
I would replace the Super CP motor with that of the Mini CP first as that has more torque for 3D flight. You could also consider going brushless. There is no point in getting the Mini CP as that is almost identical to the Super CP. The Master CP is very heavy for its size. The best Walkera choice for 3D would be the V120D02S. Although some consider it to be underpowered as well, you can use more powerful aftermarket motors or even convert it to 2S.

You can also use the Devo 7E to fly Spektrum aircraft. You can take a look at the mCPX BL, 180CFX and the Trex 150. There is also a new double brushless heli available from HiSky called the HCP100S.
Dec 14, 2014, 04:13 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw
I would replace the Super CP motor with that of the Mini CP first as that has more torque for 3D flight. You could also consider going brushless. There is no point in getting the Mini CP as that is almost identical to the Super CP. The Master CP is very heavy for its size. The best Walkera choice for 3D would be the V120D02S. Although some consider it to be underpowered as well, you can use more powerful aftermarket motors or even convert it to 2S.

You can also use the Devo 7E to fly Spektrum aircraft. You can take a look at the mCPX BL, 180CFX and the Trex 150. There is also a new double brushless heli available from HiSky called the HCP100S.
I had thought about upgrading to brushless but didnt know if it was worth it.
some say minimal torque gian and loss of flight time , others say no loss of flight time and significant torque gain so i am kind of torn...
was looking at a brushless kit from banggood. its cheap under $50.00 would this be a good choice?
http://www.banggood.com/Brushless-Bl...-p-927385.html
also plan to purchase a V120D02S as a step up micro.
Dec 14, 2014, 10:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Lord
I had thought about upgrading to brushless but didnt know if it was worth it.
some say minimal torque gian and loss of flight time , others say no loss of flight time and significant torque gain so i am kind of torn...
was looking at a brushless kit from banggood. its cheap under $50.00 would this be a good choice?
http://www.banggood.com/Brushless-Bl...-p-927385.html
also plan to purchase a V120D02S as a step up micro.
I had minimal torgue gain and loss of flight time with mine as well. I do not have any experience with the Banggood kit.
Dec 14, 2014, 12:05 PM
Thread OP
thx HK, with that said im off the try the New V120D02S !wheres the best place with the right price for a devo BNF
Dec 14, 2014, 12:51 PM
T-mart/ Bang good have them. Price is close. I got my two from T-mart but at that time they had them in USA whs. They came undamaged. some guys had issues with boxes crushed from Bang good. I bought a couple birds from Bang good awhile back and both came in crushed boxes. birds were fine. My V450D01 v2 was from T-mart and not from USA whs., it came double boxed in fine shape. I had bonus pts. and price was better also.
Stock V120d02s is a very nice bird. Shaft driven tail just be more careful. They fly better than super/ Mini c/p. More advance thats all. It will not take abuse the others can handle. Do get extra batteries as a fine flyer.
Dec 14, 2014, 02:27 PM
Thread OP
hiya danker!
I remember you from back like 4 years ago on this forum when i purchased my first heli, the Blue Ray 450 and still flies like new today. havent played with heavy d3 much as the first 3 attempt landed in horror. flips and loops is about it. nose in only last for a sec or two then i get spooked also no inverts for longer than 2 sec. probably why i am still running the same lipos i purchased a week after the heli arrived. 3 of the 7 lipos lost some a cell or to but with a bit of know how i broke them down and recycled the good cells to make another good 3s. packs swelling a bit now.... old age has caught up with them lol.
then the v911 helped me with nose in orentation. soon a friend introduced me to his mini cp and i got good enough with it to make tight flips and rolls inside my 40'x40' shop with 16' ceiling. thus the reason for the super cp purchase. finally figured out the root cause of the heavy bogging. the swash was binding the main shaft on hard cyclic inputs. now flips and rolls are nice and smooth. and it doesn't fall out of the sky any more.
and now as i watched the v120do2s 6 axis gyro vids im thinking i would feel more comfortable with the learning curve of the inverted flight orientation with out the sacrifice of completely rebuilding my blue ray once again!
will do on the extra batteries. whats the max Mah cap you would recommend over the stock v120d02s batteries?

next i will be building my self a 700 size electric. flew one at the fiend and fell in love with it!
Last edited by Dark_Lord; Dec 14, 2014 at 02:34 PM.
Dec 16, 2014, 09:35 AM
Stock V120 batteries are 600ma and work fine. I think there are some 750 ma offered. Bigger batteries/ bigger weight. My Walkera birds I use their batteries one one cell and two. You save nothing getting cheap batteries that crap out to soon. Their 3 cells are way to expensive to consider. Couplw more months i'll be into helis three years. seems much longer like been doing it longer.
Dec 16, 2014, 10:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChespiIker
Should do the binding without any modifications....you also could fly the helis you mention with the same parameters as the Super CP....I do, mine is just a devo 10.....apparently, the significant difference between a Devo 7e, and a Devo 7, 8 s or 10, is that the 7 e has less range...
Can someone please tell me how much ( less) range the 7e has , say compared
to a 2801 pro , will it reach -100 yds out, 200yrds ?
Thanks George
Dec 16, 2014, 10:05 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by george48184
Can someone please tell me how much ( less) range the 7e has , say compared
to a 2801 pro , will it reach -100 yds out, 200yrds ?
Thanks George
Not sure but i know with my devo 7e with my super cp i out close to 100yds on my dear lease but lost orientation and crashed as i could not see it well enough due to its size.
I do know that there are a few mode out there that will drastically increase its rang
here are a couple of links regarding the issue.

http://www.hacksmods.com/2013/04/wal...ase-range-mod/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RxJM4ZEYG8[/url

WLtoys V262 range test CL antennas + devo 7E + sunhans 2W Wifi Booster (2 min 13 sec)
Last edited by Dark_Lord; Dec 16, 2014 at 10:10 PM.

Quick Reply