SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 24, 2015, 04:14 PM
United Kingdom, England, Ashford
Joined Jun 2014
40 Posts
Discussion
My first wing design...

Hi all, thanks for all the help so far with this, but it's about time I put something into practice and I'd like some help with it if possible.

Sadly my 'nurfluegel' program has totally given up the ghost (on all my computers !?) and I cannot insert 'kinks' into my design to specify foil types at different spans.....can anyone tell me what the heck I've done wrong ? I've used this program for about 2 months without issue and all of the sudden it wont work at all !

Anyways I turned to XFLR5 (learning this too) and I'm reasonably happy with the design which is to be a powered sports wing to research and move on with.

Span = 1500mm
Flying weight = 1.2kg
Centre = MH60 12% (400mm chord)
1/2 span = MH60 10% (2 degree washout)
Tips = NACA 0010 (75mm long with 6 degrees washout)
3 degrees dihedral.

Seems to want to be stable and buoyant at ~ 1.5 degrees nose up at 30mph.
Not sure on it's lifting capability though.

Really miffed nurfluegel doesn't work because I'd really like to see the circulation curve.

Probably make a 1/2 scale model of this 1st from balsa to practice construction, but has anyone got any thoughts on the design for starters ?
Any opinions greatly appreciated
Jon Himself is offline Find More Posts by Jon Himself
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 25, 2015, 11:42 AM
Ukraine, Crimea, Ordzhonikidze
Joined Jul 2012
56 Posts
What about the vertical stabilizer?
I not sure in numbers: wing loading 0, CL/CD 60, CL 0,038 and 15м/сек More realistic: 34g/dm2; 20; 0,26.
Drinkes is offline Find More Posts by Drinkes
Last edited by Drinkes; Feb 25, 2015 at 12:00 PM.