SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 30, 2015, 10:43 PM
Scout CX | mCX2 | mSR | 120SR
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Dec 2011
8,393 Posts
Fly56,

9x6 to 10x8 is a common prop size for a Park 480 type motor. What you choose should be determined by the maximum current spec of your chosen ESC, that range of prop size and pitch will have quite a variance in amp draw. What's your ESC?
North_of_49 is offline Find More Posts by North_of_49
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 03:41 AM
Nasir Khan
Australia, NSW, Fairfield
Joined Feb 2009
346 Posts
Has anyone tried park zone sports cub wheels on super cub ????? If so, please share pics. Thanks
subhan.nasir is offline Find More Posts by subhan.nasir
Old Yesterday, 02:19 PM
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Dec 2011
8,393 Posts
martin34 posted about this back on Feb 7, you were involved in the discussion

maybe pm him to ask him to post some pics here
RCG Plus Member
Old Yesterday, 04:24 PM
Joined Mar 2015
11 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_of_49 View Post
Fly56,

9x6 to 10x8 is a common prop size for a Park 480 type motor. What you choose should be determined by the maximum current spec of your chosen ESC, that range of prop size and pitch will have quite a variance in amp draw. What's your ESC?
It has a 30 amp esc.
Fly56 is offline Find More Posts by Fly56
Old Yesterday, 04:35 PM
United States, IL, Aurora
Joined Sep 2007
1,344 Posts
Over the Winter, I received a brand new Super Cub LP BNF in the box. I'm setting it up today for a basic trainer.
This is not an S model, so I unplugged the ACT module cords.
Is the all-in-one RX any good on these models? Especially the range? I have extra receivers that I could use, if this one doesn't have good credibility.
I see that the rudder is plugged into the aileron port. Would it make more sense to plug it into the rudder port so people learn proper use of the rudder? I tend to rely always on aileron turns so could use some discipline myself.

This plane will probably stay 3 channel.
MrEWorm is offline Find More Posts by MrEWorm
Old Yesterday, 04:57 PM
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Dec 2011
8,393 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly56 View Post
It has a 30 amp esc.
Then you'd want to make sure whatever prop you put on isn't going to pull more amps than that and it's good to leave some headroom. A watt meter is a good investment in this hobby

and be careful if spinning up a prop on the bench, it can do a lot of damage to humans and pets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrEWorm View Post
...I see that the rudder is plugged into the aileron port. Would it make more sense to plug it into the rudder port so people learn proper use of the rudder? I tend to rely always on aileron turns so could use some discipline myself.

This plane will probably stay 3 channel.
It actually makes more sense to leave it the way it is because the roll coupling of the rudder with the wing dihedral makes the action more of an aileron one.

Where it makes more sense to have the actual rudder on the left stick is for ground steering (which is how it would work on a 4ch plane)... but there's a mix you can do in a programmable radio to have "steering" on both sticks so you can practice ground steering with the left stick and in-flight steering with the right (or both to practice coordinated turns).
RCG Plus Member
Old Yesterday, 08:29 PM
United States, IL, Aurora
Joined Sep 2007
1,344 Posts
Thanks North

Is the stock LP receiver any good? Decent range?
I do not know how to set the mix on my DX8 to have it work on the rudder on the ground and the wings in the air. Mix is one of those things that have eluded my comprehension.
MrEWorm is offline Find More Posts by MrEWorm
Old Yesterday, 08:45 PM
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Dec 2011
8,393 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrEWorm View Post
Thanks North

Is the stock LP receiver any good? Decent range?
I do not know how to set the mix on my DX8 to have it work on the rudder on the ground and the wings in the air. Mix is one of those things that have eluded my comprehension.
I can't vouch for the range of the stock receiver, have never used it. It's a "Park" receiver which isn't full range but should still be good enough to fly up to where you can't tell orientation anymore anyway if it's like Spektrum's other park receivers. Range test it, it should be good for 30 paces in low power range test mode.

The mix for the DX6i looks like this, you should be able to find the same functions in the DX8. (I have an advanced write-up on my blog about how to do this mix on the new Airware based radios with an added feature that will guarantee you won't overdrive the linear servo if you bang both sticks fully in the same direction, but it wouldn't apply to your DX8)

EDIT: actually, does your DX8 have a feature called "Absolute Travel"? ... I see the DX8 is in fact an Airware radio

RCG Plus Member
Last edited by North_of_49; Yesterday at 08:52 PM.