HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 26, 2009, 09:02 AM
USA, TN, Murfreesboro
Joined Sep 2006
2,172 Posts
Discussion
New! Hangar 9 P-51 Mustang 60 ARF (Blue/Silver) for 2009

Hangar 9 has just introduced it's new 60-sized P-51 ARF kit, due in late June 2009:

http://www.hangar-9.com/Products/Def...ProdId=HAN2420

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...ProdID=HAN2420
PerlAddict is offline Find More Posts by PerlAddict
Last edited by PerlAddict; Mar 26, 2009 at 10:04 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 26, 2009, 09:29 AM
Denmark, Nordjylland, Gistrup
Joined Aug 2005
402 Posts
It looks great. I wonder if it is lighter than the traditional 60" models?
flemsus is offline Find More Posts by flemsus
Old Mar 26, 2009, 09:31 AM
I hate waiting for parts
United States, NC, Garner
Joined Apr 2001
7,290 Posts
The weight of their "Marie" P-51 is not an issue for the power system in mine... it's definitely my fastest WWII warbird.
Mike_Then is offline Find More Posts by Mike_Then
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Thank you, veterans
Old Mar 26, 2009, 09:35 AM
USA, TN, Murfreesboro
Joined Sep 2006
2,172 Posts
I know it's yet-another Mustang, and I've already heard some squabbling over the markings, but I like the color scheme a lot better than the current Hangar 9 P-51 60's.

That being said, I am a bit surprised that this is what they chose to launch for their latest warbird. They now have three P-51 60-sized birds along with their 150-sized version. That's a lot of P-51's! I would have rather seen a Razorback jug myself, since they discontinued the big 150-sized Razorback. But I'll take what I can get. I was pretty well set on getting a H9 Corsair 60 ARF ... now I may have to rethink that a little.
Old Mar 26, 2009, 09:41 AM
3DHS Junkie
Rhode Island
Joined Jun 2005
5,683 Posts
i for one am very stoked--i have slowly put the parts together for one this size and was going to go with the top flite model but I think I'll hold off and go with this one.
800mZero is offline Find More Posts by 800mZero
Old Mar 26, 2009, 09:46 AM
I hate waiting for parts
United States, NC, Garner
Joined Apr 2001
7,290 Posts
It's definitely nice looking, and who cares if a few details aren't exactly right? I like the fact that it comes ready for electric, and I'm thrilled that more and more manufacturers are realizing they need to make their ARF aircraft eletric-ready.... electric flight IS the future of this hobby. Will it replace gas/glow? Of course not. However, as the costs of electric power continue to go down, it becomes more appealing to even the most stubborn of modelers. You'd be surprised at the amount of people who come up to me and say, "You NEVER have problems with your airplanes, I'm thinking of coverting all of my stuff to eletric like you did." Charging batteries may be a pain sometimes, but I sure don't miss the finicky engines nor the cleanup at the end of the day.

OK OK, I'll stop... back on track.... glad to see Horizon made this electric-ready, and if anything happens to my "Brown-Eyed Girl" I'll be sure to replace it with this bird.
Mike_Then is offline Find More Posts by Mike_Then
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Thank you, veterans
Old Mar 26, 2009, 11:36 AM
Glenn
United States, WI, Oconto Falls
Joined Jan 2004
2,751 Posts
Well done Hangar 9 for the electric option. Besides Kyosh is this the first of many to do the electric option? Hope so!
wellington53 is offline Find More Posts by wellington53
Old Mar 26, 2009, 11:45 AM
Pro Horder
upland CA
Joined Dec 2004
7,903 Posts
I just got off the phone with my rep. A few nice items is it has flaps and metal retracts with spring oleos all included in the kit.The covering is also pre printed with all the scale panel lines and rivets.(you can purchase the covering also) the tail is also airfoil not flat. Even if it is a mustang again I thibk it will be popular..they did discontinue the old mustang 60 and 150.
Scott
ETA is june i think
turbonut is offline Find More Posts by turbonut
Old Mar 26, 2009, 08:08 PM
USA, TN, Murfreesboro
Joined Sep 2006
2,172 Posts
They discontinued the P-51D 150? Or are you referring to the first version that they replaced with the newer version? I noticed it says the P-51D 150 is currently listed as out of stock on Horizon's site, but I hadn't heard anything about it being discontinued. That would be a bummer! I'm still pretty sad they discontinued the P-47 150 before I could pick one up.
Old Mar 26, 2009, 08:26 PM
Pro Horder
upland CA
Joined Dec 2004
7,903 Posts
I was told it is discontinued,But they are going to make one run of 100 as a special edd. dont know if it will be dif in any way..
turbonut is offline Find More Posts by turbonut
Old Mar 26, 2009, 08:49 PM
Horizon Hobby Employee
Mahomet, Illinois
Joined Aug 2007
2,321 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbonut
I was told it is discontinued,But they are going to make one run of 100 as a special edd. dont know if it will be dif in any way..
P-51 150 was down to the last few remaining in stock and was slated for discontinuation when we got the opportunity to bring in one last batch (US only). After these, it will be discontinued. It's not a special edition, and should be just like the ones we've already sold.

The P-47 150 actually did run out and was discontinued for several months. We are bringing in even fewer of these, and I expect will be pre-sold before they arrive. If you want one of these, you should get your order in soon.

David Eichstedt
Horizon
Dave Eichstedt is offline Find More Posts by Dave Eichstedt
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 26, 2009, 10:51 PM
diligentia vis celeritas
Corona, CA
Joined Feb 2006
3,547 Posts
her lines do look pretty good...the scale details (especially the tailwheel location for me) are nice touches...
gunracer is offline Find More Posts by gunracer
Old Mar 27, 2009, 03:26 AM
The sky is my playground.
United States, NH
Joined May 2005
7,834 Posts
Well done, looks like a beautiful bird. Maybe when I wear out my current H9 Mustang this will make a nice replacement. Good to see the H9 is coming around and offering features that many of us have been begging for.

Edited because I can't type..
Dora Nine is offline Find More Posts by Dora Nine
Last edited by Dora Nine; Mar 27, 2009 at 12:17 PM.
Old Mar 27, 2009, 08:47 AM
Joined May 2006
8,108 Posts
Subscribed.
Socomon is offline Find More Posts by Socomon
Old Mar 27, 2009, 12:22 PM
Mk 9 Lunatic
Perth Western Australia
Joined Sep 2008
267 Posts
Another Mustang, wow who'd think it....erm I mean OH GEE WOW I have to go get one! Can we expect a Spitfire of the same size with just a nice scale look and electric options or am I throwing wasted pennies into a wishing well.
Atra is offline Find More Posts by Atra