Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jul 28, 2014, 08:10 PM
Joined Jun 2014
13 Posts
Discussion
Hobbyking horrible experience shipping to Australia

Sorry for the long post, I just wanted to report my horrible experience buying from the international warehouse and shipping to Australia.
I have tried many times (and I keep trying) to solve this matter with HK support, but it's been over a month with no success. Hopefully posting here will draw the attention of someone that can actually help me out.

Number of order: 3. Failed orders: 3
100% error ratio.

Order: 2009568779
Tracking: UWQ6069964
Product: Battery no 1 $30
Purchase date: 4th Jul 2014
First attempt to deliver: 11th Jul 2014
Shipping status in the tracking system: "Delievered to HILLSDALE NSW" while my address is Sydney NSW.
Parcel chasing begins
- 4 calls to the post office trying to understand what's happened. 3 people told me it had been returned to sender, due to missing company name in the address. 1 told me it seemed it had been delivered to the wrong address.
- Opened support ticket with hobby King. I was told I would have to wait until it got sent back to their warehouse, in China, before getting a refund.
- HK support double check my address in the order and confirmed it was 100% correct.
- HK advised me to place the order again and wait for a refund for the first one, if I was in a hurry. Then I did.

-----------------
Second battery order
order: 2009650126
tracking: UWQ6073665
Product: Battery no 2 $30
First attempt to deliver: 11th Jul 2014
Shipping status in the tracking system: "Delievered to HILLSDALE NSW"

Exactly the same story as the first order. Calls to the Post office, support tickets with Hobby King and same pre-written responses. No priority or special attention given by HK, not even after second mistake in a row.

--------------
Third Order. It gets eve worse
order: 2009568675
Product: Quanum nova $350
Allegedly Delivery date: 9th Jul 2014
1st enquiry for a tracking number: 11th Jul 2014
2nd enquiry for a tracking number: 13th Jul 2014
3rd enquiry for a tracking number: 15th Jul 2014
4th enquiry for a tracking number: 17th Jul 2014
On all attempts I was told my support ticket and the order would be updated with a tracking number and I should "rest assured".
5th enquiry for tracking number: 29th Jul 2014. That is RIGHT, 20 days after it had been delivered.
Tracking system status: Delivered. Signed by EEL.
Contacted support again. Was told to check with customs, Australian Post and Couriers Please, even though the system says clearly someone signed an received the parcel. Did all the checks, no success.
The guy from Courier Please mara it clear it would be very difficult for the driver to remember who signed for the parcel 20 DAYS AFTER it had been delivered.

Hobby King's international support keeps beating around the bush and not escalating my issues.

Keep this in mind when ordering from HK, if your order gets lost in this shipping model they are using to send stuff to Australia, you will enter in and endless loop and have a good chance of getting it delivered wrongly.

I buy stuff online on a weekly basis for the last 15 years and this is by far the worse experience I had.

Cheers,
Franklin Dattein
fsamir is offline Find More Posts by fsamir
Last edited by fsamir; Jul 28, 2014 at 10:52 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 03, 2014, 08:09 AM
RC plane addict ;-)
United Kingdom, England, Norwich
Joined Aug 2008
1,705 Posts
If your still having problems sorting out any issues with your HK experience,try going over to the HKCSNY thread on here (i'll leave a link),ok I know your not in the USA and they are based there,but I have seen a few reports from people who don't live in the USA saying they will still try and help,these guys seem to get things sorted quick and sometimes when other HK CS can't for what ever reason.

I'd send them a PM if I were you as Rob over there seem to get things done and most people seem happy with him and their service.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2139842
startazz is offline Find More Posts by startazz
Old Aug 03, 2014, 08:20 AM
Joined Jun 2014
13 Posts
I saw that thread a couple of days ago and got in touch with NY support. They promptly offered support, let's if that helps.
Thanks for the tip.
Old Yesterday, 10:51 PM
Joined Jun 2014
13 Posts
I finally managed to get my money back for 2 out of the 3 orders via a Paypal claim.

As recommended, I got in touch with HK NYC, they replied quickly and with human-typed responses, which was a huge win and raised my hopes.
However, it didn't last long, after a couple of messages they stopped replying.
On the 40th day I left another message saying that I had only 5 more days to raise a Paypal claim. No reply again.

On the 44th day I've raised the paypal claim. 3 days later HK answered it with the tracking numbers for two order and an empty tracking number for the 3rd order.
4 more days and Paypal refunded my without asking a question.

Dealing with Paypal was straightforward and took much less time than the endless conversations on Hobby King's chat and support.

I know a lot of people in the forums had success with HKNYC. I unfortunately didn't and for that reason I recommend to not waste your time with their support and go straight to Paypal, if something like that happens to you.
Old Today, 08:39 AM
Merry xmas
Australia, SA, Edinburgh
Joined Aug 2009
5,839 Posts
Why were your orders delivered to Alexandria NSW? Is that where you work? Hillsdale and Alexandria are suburban Sydney near Mascot?

"The item has been returned to sender for one of the following reasons:
• it was awaiting collection at an Australia Post retail outlet, Customer Collect location or 24/7 Parcel Locker but was not collected
•we attempted delivery of a signature on delivery item but the addressee was not known at the address or declined to accept the item
•the address was incorrect, incomplete or unclear
•Item was damaged in transit

Please contact the sender directly to arrange redelivery of the item if required"

Mon 28 Jul 2014 13:06 Delivered HILLSDALE NSW

Mon 28 Jul 2014 04:32 With Australia Post for delivery today ALEXANDRIA NSW

Fri 25 Jul 2014 06:56 Processed through Australia Post facility CHULLORA NSW

Thu 24 Jul 2014 10:06 In Transit ALEXANDRIA NSW

Thu 24 Jul 2014 10:06 Returned to sender (see above) ALEXANDRIA NSW

Thu 24 Jul 2014 10:02 Attempted delivery - incorrect address ALEXANDRIA NSW

Thu 24 Jul 2014 07:49 In transit ALEXANDRIA NSW

Wed 23 Jul 2014 12:15 Attempted delivery - incorrect address SYDNEY NSW

Wed 23 Jul 2014 05:37 With Australia Post for delivery today ALEXANDRIA NSW

Tue 22 Jul 2014 18:43 Processed through Australia Post facility CHULLORA NSW

Tue 22 Jul 2014 11:10 Received by Australia Post CHULLORA NSW

Mark