Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jul 25, 2014, 03:22 PM
Türkiye, Eskişehir
Joined Apr 2011
183 Posts
Discussion
Review of Surveilzone DVR and 7"screen Updated17.08.14

Tested the Screen and DVR today over 30 minutes nonstop flight... both of devices are great. I am very glad i bought them...
few things to mention.
DVR's AVout is not suitable to fly. slight bottom part cut and resized image is not good. so i made a Switch to actual video feed coming from VRx to Screen and DVR'sAVout to screen...

that way i can setup and start recording and switch to actual video with more detailed image.. Recorded video is not that cut compared to DVRAVout. for further info you can look the attachment.

I was in shade and it is real easy to see screen even using Sunglasses which massivly reduces the brightness of screen. will do Video review in future when i receive my new parcel

edit: on D1 highest quality 25:01 min video takes up 1,45Gb space. so 8 gb card with safety margin can hold upto 125 min video which is probably more than enough most of us not planning to go further than 25-30 KM

edit: bought both of them.. here is the review of DVR
1CH D1 Mini DVR FPV Black Box REVIEW (6 min 40 sec)
Kavil194 is offline Find More Posts by Kavil194
Last edited by Kavil194; Aug 20, 2014 at 05:44 PM. Reason: more info
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 26, 2014, 09:47 AM
Certified Power Juicer
Germany, Berlin
Joined Feb 2009
863 Posts
the dvr looks interesting. any reviews?
edit: asked surveilzone, they are going to provide a video. I like the h264 part.
Jack_LaLanne is online now Find More Posts by Jack_LaLanne
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Jack_LaLanne; Jul 26, 2014 at 10:34 AM.
Old Jul 26, 2014, 01:10 PM
Türkiye, Eskişehir
Joined Apr 2011
183 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_LaLanne View Post
the dvr looks interesting. any reviews?
edit: asked surveilzone, they are going to provide a video. I like the h264 part.
no reviews unfortunatelly.
on fpvmodel they got i think same model. and on their website they claim it has same processor as keychain 808 #16 cams so the quality will be good as it...,

"""The DVR with 808 # 16 808HD uses the same processing chip. Image quality , the best guarantee ."""
price goes up a little but properties and PCB board looks same.

http://www.fpvmodel.com/h-264-tf-car...-fpv_g410.html

i couldnot find any avout (maybe close up look can reveal it but in photos i dont see any.) but not a huge problem. using Y splitter on composite video is possible with some loss but not a very big deal i guess.

i am considering getting HK SD DVR with new Quanum 4,3 cheap google set. it will cost app same with shipping on HK however...

right now i have easycap with fast laptop and encoding while recording at 720x526 without quality loss but i am going to build ground station and want to power everything and ready to fly in couple seconds rather then opening laptop connecting cables checking everything etc which is very timeconsuming heavy to carry around field and in this summer sweats like hell
Old Jul 26, 2014, 02:09 PM
Certified Power Juicer
Germany, Berlin
Joined Feb 2009
863 Posts
http://www.56.com/u59/v_ODg2NTY2MTY.html nice fpvmodel links to this test video of the green board novatek chip dvr looks decent and cheaper than hk
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FlyFly Hobby ASW28
Old Jul 27, 2014, 05:59 AM
Türkiye, Eskişehir
Joined Apr 2011
183 Posts
Quote:
http://www.56.com/u59/v_ODg2NTY2MTY.html nice fpvmodel links to this test video of the green board novatek chip dvr looks decent and cheaper than hk
can you please look if that got AVout?

am i kinda short on money these days due to newly gathered FPV gear SW etc... i dont want to throw 45 dolars find out unit is useless..

i just want to buy bevrc pv700 and relax but this topic gave me headache

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1613589

full of complaints about bevrc dvr...

this one has low quality compared to upper ones but still can work what you think?

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...r_for_FPV.html
Old Jul 29, 2014, 05:35 AM
Türkiye, Eskişehir
Joined Apr 2011
183 Posts
i put my hand under rock and ordered both products from surveilzone. hope i made the right desicion.
Old Jul 29, 2014, 06:35 AM
Certified Power Juicer
Germany, Berlin
Joined Feb 2009
863 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavil194 View Post
i put my hand under rock and ordered both products from surveilzone. hope i made the right desicion.
which dvr did you go for?
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 29, 2014, 10:05 AM
Türkiye, Eskişehir
Joined Apr 2011
183 Posts
Quote:
which dvr did you go for?
after talking with Harvey and before Angie which was very responsive and i can say BEST HK based website Live Chat support i can clearly say.

i decided on this one.

http://www.surveilzone.com/1ch-d1-mi...ack-box-dr1169

and 7" tft on post 1. it will came with fast shipping. hopefully i can review them max 1 week later.
Old Jul 29, 2014, 01:25 PM
Certified Power Juicer
Germany, Berlin
Joined Feb 2009
863 Posts
so it's the "new" one. looking forward to your review. yathey have quite a good support.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 29, 2014, 03:08 PM
Joined Dec 2006
435 Posts
I just received that monitor from a different vendor on Ebay, Although I think it will make a great monitor, mine had a couple air bubbles on 2 sides. ( delamination?) My vendor is now dragging his feet. I so wish I had gone with surveilzone as I had paid a even higher price but I didn't know!
Wmacky is offline Find More Posts by Wmacky
Old Jul 29, 2014, 06:56 PM
Türkiye, Eskişehir
Joined Apr 2011
183 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmacky View Post
I just received that monitor from a different vendor on Ebay, Although I think it will make a great monitor, mine had a couple air bubbles on 2 sides. ( delamination?) My vendor is now dragging his feet. I so wish I had gone with surveilzone as I had paid a even higher price but I didn't know!
i found same product even cheaper in local ebay clone shop how ever in info page the resolution is defined as 480 (W) XRGBX234

not really sure what it means but it is kinda tricy that someone told me they count every colored dot red green blue and gave it like pixel however they are not real pixel...
Old Jul 30, 2014, 04:15 AM
Türkiye, Eskişehir
Joined Apr 2011
183 Posts
1CH D1 Mini DVR Board Support 32G TF Card FPV Black Box Surveilzone Sample Video (0 min 25 sec)

harvey sent me sample video of DVR... i will make more detailed review when i receive my parcel.
Old Jul 30, 2014, 04:22 PM
What place .... is this ???
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Oct 2011
1,149 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavil194 View Post
no reviews unfortunatelly.
on fpvmodel they got i think same model. and on their website they claim it has same processor as keychain 808 #16 cams so the quality will be good as it...,

"""The DVR with 808 # 16 808HD uses the same processing chip. Image quality , the best guarantee ."""
price goes up a little but properties and PCB board looks same.

http://www.fpvmodel.com/h-264-tf-car...-fpv_g410.html

i couldnot find any avout (maybe close up look can reveal it but in photos i dont see any.) but not a huge problem. using Y splitter on composite video is possible with some loss but not a very big deal i guess.

i am considering getting HK SD DVR with new Quanum 4,3 cheap google set. it will cost app same with shipping on HK however...

right now i have easycap with fast laptop and encoding while recording at 720x526 without quality loss but i am going to build ground station and want to power everything and ready to fly in couple seconds rather then opening laptop connecting cables checking everything etc which is very timeconsuming heavy to carry around field and in this summer sweats like hell
In my opinion I think you will find the HK DVR to be internally the same or similar to the surveilzone DVR my only problem with it was the unusual codec (ASF) and definitely NOT h264, no way,. The Quannum "goggles" are good for the price and there is no bluescreen with those.
Heppy Ket is offline Find More Posts by Heppy Ket
Old Jul 30, 2014, 11:30 PM
what goes up, must come down..
Joined May 2010
2,852 Posts
Subbed, curious to see how Kavil goes with the SV mini dvr
AussieHoppy is offline Find More Posts by AussieHoppy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Back street quad cruisin'
Old Jul 30, 2014, 11:48 PM
Wait...what?
Canada, BC, Abbotsford
Joined Sep 2010
998 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieHoppy View Post
Subbed, curious to see how Kavil goes with the SV mini dvr
Yeh, same here, that video sample looks way better than what my HK one puts out.
Finger poised on the buy button.....

Geoff
gbmarsh is online now Find More Posts by gbmarsh