HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 13, 2012, 05:36 AM
Square-rigger
Klatovy, Czech Republic
Joined Mar 2004
3,339 Posts
Neons You captured teh shape of teh nose much better than the original Ivans plans! Very nice !

I´ve got the plan sheets here and had been contemplating a complete depron build for a while already, so your hybrid approach is very interesting to see coming together. And as a lot of previous posters alreaady said, i admire your worksmanship

cheers
Phillip
meatbomber is offline Find More Posts by meatbomber
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 13, 2012, 09:15 AM
5,200 Led Lighted Bike-Bob P.
USA, MA, Swansea
Joined Mar 2003
2,789 Posts
Hello Ampbomber,
I guess speed relates to time applied to the projects. I am retired and that is the key factor. I sleep about 6.5 hours a day and it is satisfactory. I put a lot of hours in my shop. I happen to believe John Morgan is the fastest builder of composite foamy builds in RC Groups. I try to learn from him. Your planes are far superior to what I am doing here also. Thank you.

Hello Meatbomber,
I tried to follow what I have read and see in the photos available. One statement says that when the JRM's were built the cockpit was moved further back. I moved it forward 1 inch from the plans. I think maybe 1.5 inches would have been better. It still came out close though. The fuselage tail gun blister on Ivans's plans is not correct either. It is 1 inch too narrow there also for the early version. I guess the cockpit change worked as you have noticed it.Thank you.

**Neons** Bob
**neons** is online now Find More Posts by **neons**
Old Mar 13, 2012, 10:35 AM
United States, IL, Joliet
Joined Jun 2009
3,376 Posts
Bob you have collected some of the very best of foam builders so far on this thread ,thats why iam keeping my mouth shut.enjoying you build and learning along the way ,she looks great Bob. joe
cracksmeup is offline Find More Posts by cracksmeup
Old Mar 13, 2012, 10:40 AM
USA, MA, Swansea
Joined Mar 2003
2,789 Posts
Joe, you are OK. Thanks. I would not mind if you say anything. You never know how you can be helpful here. You have built a nice flying boat with success.
**Neons** Bob
Old Mar 13, 2012, 10:43 AM
Joined Jun 2009
3,376 Posts
LOL bob this is one where i sit watch and learn but i will be watching and learning for sure. joe
Old Mar 13, 2012, 10:24 PM
Up-Out-&-Gone
Charelston SC U.S.A.
Joined Mar 2007
15,642 Posts
The king of RC seaplanes is back at it again!, Martin-Mars Amazing! I wanna kick myself in the gonads for missing this build!:

You're building another masterpiece Bob!
demondriver is offline Find More Posts by demondriver
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Introducing The "Demon-Claw"...
Old Mar 13, 2012, 10:36 PM
USA, MA, Swansea
Joined Mar 2003
2,789 Posts
Custom Rudder Horns

Got some work done today on the rudder horns and hinges. I can cover the outsides tommorow. I have to make the horns for the elevators and then I can hinge those up also.

**Neons** Bob
Old Mar 13, 2012, 10:42 PM
USA, MA, Swansea
Joined Mar 2003
2,789 Posts
Hi Chris,
How on earth did you find me here? Thanks for your nice comments. You are no slouch with all those airliners getting built.You do fast and nice finish work. Nothing really different here for me. Just run of the mill bulding going on here. A lot of wood framing here with this one.

**Neons** Bob
Old Mar 14, 2012, 07:40 AM
Joined Jun 2009
3,376 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by **neons** View Post
Hi Chris,
How on earth did you find me here? Thanks for your nice comments. You are no slouch with all those airliners getting built.You do fast and nice finish work. Nothing really different here for me. Just run of the mill bulding going on here. A lot of wood framing here with this one.

**Neons** Bob
Demondriver your airliners and videos are great but your claim to fame is your victory dances at the end of a good flight. joe
Old Mar 14, 2012, 07:48 AM
ich bauen groß modell flugzeug
United Kingdom, London
Joined Dec 2010
6,830 Posts
ROFLMAO! you can say that again!
Keenan smith is offline Find More Posts by Keenan smith
Old Mar 14, 2012, 10:13 AM
Up-Out-&-Gone
Charelston SC U.S.A.
Joined Mar 2007
15,642 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cracksmeup View Post
Demondriver your airliners and videos are great but your claim to fame is your victory dances at the end of a good flight. joe
Victory dance Huh, after watching the videos again it looks more Like. . . . . .

Breakdancing Stooges (2 min 57 sec)

No more dancing from me Joe!
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 14, 2012, 10:35 AM
USA, MA, Swansea
Joined Mar 2003
2,789 Posts
That is so darn funny. I laughed so much. Chris, are you learning new moves for the next airliner success story? I enjoyed the last one. Victory Dance.
**Neons** Bob
Old Mar 14, 2012, 12:15 PM
Up-Out-&-Gone
Charelston SC U.S.A.
Joined Mar 2007
15,642 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by **neons** View Post
That is so darn funny. I laughed so much. Chris, are you learning new moves for the next airliner success story? I enjoyed the last one. Victory Dance.
**Neons** Bob
Lol . . . Bob no dancing from me on them Big-Bunny maiden. . . . . . what if Mr Hefner see's it?
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 14, 2012, 01:58 PM
Joined Jun 2009
3,376 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by demondriver View Post
Lol . . . Bob no dancing from me on them Big-Bunny maiden. . . . . . what if Mr Hefner see's it?
The stooges have nothing on you i have seen the film.lmao joe
Old Mar 16, 2012, 11:21 PM
USA, MA, Swansea
Joined Mar 2003
2,789 Posts
Been spending time getting this tail section finished. It was a slog to get all the controls in place before covering the parts. I finished the covering tonight. The elevator is 3 feet long. Tomorrow I will sand it and bond the V center in place. I am not done yet. I have to make a Y connector for the elevator controls and the a bellcrank for the rudders too.

After that is all done I am thinking of bolting the whole assembly to a seat in the fuselage. I want it to have a dowel and 2 small nylon screws to remove the whole section. There is a saddle to be made similar to the wing saddle. It has a 3 fold purpose. I may be in a situation I need room in my truck. Maybe control maintainence. Another is to remove it to dry out the inside should it get soaked. It will allow better air circulation when I use a cool air blower. I'll post pics maybe tomorrow if I get it done. I may go flying in that spring heat wave coming this way.

**Neons**Bob