Old Dec 19, 2011, 11:17 PM
Suspended Account
Brunswick, OH
Joined Nov 2005
5,547 Posts
Suggestion
Appeal

Wow, wow, WOW. This one's a SHOCKER!

Mod's comment "This post is highly antagonistic and off-topic. Please do not call other users out on their character flaws. This forum is for discussion of AMA topics."

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...5#post20165435

To quote jbourke
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbourke
The ideal here is that you never take an issue with a person, just with their posts.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...07&postcount=4

I was VERY, VERY careful to ONLY take issue with his posts and NOT him as a person. I even specified that I was NOT saying he was incapable, only that his posts were difficult to understand.

So yes, I'd like to appeal this point.

At the same time, I'd like to know what can be done to get the mods all on the same page. Since jbourke's clearly stated that taking issue with a user's post, not a user themselves is allowable, this mod has incorrectly pointed me.

If a mod has 20 to 90 points overturned via appeals, do they have the ability to assign points revoked? This seems to be a guilty until proven innocent type system in which the judge and jury (mods) seem to deal out points willy-nilly at times...and then we the users have to wait months for the points to be over-turned.

Seriously, I suspect that even over-turned points still go on my "permanent record" since a mod had to spend their time with this issue, even though the mods themselves are found to be wrong. In this case, the mod has even decided the user I posted about has a character flaw! I didn't say that! I didn't even come close! I don't know what kind of background the mod in the AMA forum has, but apparently, they believe the user has a character deficiency...and they have said so....which sure seems like a personal attack to me.

Off-topic? Maybe. Highly antagonistic? Not a chance. I simply stated his posts were difficult to understand. Many agree. I quoted examples, exactly as written.
HappyKillmore is offline Find More Posts by HappyKillmore
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 19, 2011, 11:28 PM
Suspended Account
Brunswick, OH
Joined Nov 2005
5,547 Posts
I did a bit more browsing and the OP asks the question "can we do anything about forum traffic to help spread relevant information about the AMA, or is it simply a matter of "it is what it is" and that's that."

was listed in the OP as the #6 poster in the AMA forums for the last year.

So my point of his posts being difficult to understand is completely relevant to the conversation. Completely relevant. If the #6 poster in the forum is difficult to understand or mis-understood, how is that off-topic?

I believe this mod is either personally attacking myself or ....maybe both. How can I report a mod?
Old Dec 20, 2011, 10:43 AM
Administrator
United States, TN, Nashville
Joined Mar 2002
11,353 Posts
Quote:
Seriously, I suspect that even over-turned points still go on my "permanent record"
Over-turned points are reversed and do not go on your total list of points.
Jim T. Graham is online now Find More Posts by Jim T. Graham
Administrator
Old Dec 20, 2011, 10:43 AM
Administrator
United States, TN, Nashville
Joined Mar 2002
11,353 Posts
Link - http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...5#post20165435
Warning - Trolling (Provocation)
Issue:
Quote:
I was VERY, VERY careful to ONLY take issue with his posts and NOT him as a person. I even specified that I was NOT saying he was incapable, only that his posts were difficult to understand.
Quote:
I believe this mod is either personally attacking myself or ....maybe both. How can I report a mod?
Jim T. Graham is online now Find More Posts by Jim T. Graham
Administrator
Old Dec 24, 2011, 03:16 PM
Suspended Account
Brunswick, OH
Joined Nov 2005
5,547 Posts
All of my current points (visible by me) are from one mod. KrisM. I believe this is a personal attack by this moderator....

What does this mod have against me?
Old Jan 12, 2012, 09:04 PM
Administrator
United States, OR, Corvallis
Joined Nov 1998
5,406 Posts
I appreciate that you worded things the way you did, but I think it's still disruptive to a conversation if a user takes issue with grammar or spelling. It derails everything.

There are definitely times where I've allowed similar things but this one just seems to come in out of the blue.

I'm letting the moderators warning point stand.

Jim
jbourke is offline Find More Posts by jbourke
Administrator
Closed Thread