Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Aug 13, 2011, 08:16 PM
It's a mere flesh wound!
Woodstock,Ga.
Joined Jun 2004
1,122 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by got2soar View Post
I don't even remember that last picture and I wanna know why Oleg has such a good grip on my wife!

Bruce
Is his other hand on your knee??

Buddy
Buddy Roos is offline Find More Posts by Buddy Roos
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 14, 2011, 10:24 PM
Steve Meyer
Mt Pleasant, WI
Joined Jun 2005
1,182 Posts
What happens in Sweden stays in Sweden.
SOAR-Steve is offline Find More Posts by SOAR-Steve
Old Aug 15, 2011, 08:41 AM
Oleg Golovidov
Raleigh, NC, USA
Joined Sep 2004
2,265 Posts
No comment.
olgol is online now Find More Posts by olgol
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: DLG assembly service
Old Aug 16, 2011, 10:23 AM
Chuck 'Em and Chase 'Em
United States, NY, Plainview
Joined Aug 2005
8,081 Posts
Anyone have any idea how many have registered to be able to attend the team qualifiers, should they also attain sufficient qualifier points?

curious how many have entered the program.

Best of luck to all of them.

FYI, at the pilot's meeting Ken and Sean gave me registration paperwork and it has been mailed off to Colleen at AMA. They should both get acknoledegement for their placement at our contest since they should be registered. I think Sean earned the 1 qualifier point by placing first both days (1/2 pt each day) and is now elegible for going to team selections. Ken was second one day and I do not recall on the other. I think he attained 1/2 pt so he is 1/2 way there to attend as well. Ken had the papwerwork in prior to CRRC in July but there were issues with payment that I am sure will now be resolved when the paperwork and check arrive at AMA. I think he too might have gained elegibility with his ranking at CRRC.

Congrats to both of you and good luck at next years qualifiers.

Frank
Fly2High is offline Find More Posts by Fly2High
Old Aug 16, 2011, 11:08 AM
Jim C
Joined Sep 2009
1,473 Posts
Hey Frank. I guess I look at it this way. Anyone that would like to support the team can do so by entering the team selection process. Even if you do not think of yourself as a team caliber pilot, the registration, money and records help the AMA see the interest in F3K in the US. The money goes to fund the team so it works as a donation to the next cycle.

The above is how I understand it. If I am incorrect, I hope Tom or someone else will chime in and clarify this new feature for us. The above understanding was one of the drivers that I used to register.
ShadowFalken is offline Find More Posts by ShadowFalken
Old Aug 16, 2011, 12:12 PM
Chuck 'Em and Chase 'Em
Joined Aug 2005
8,081 Posts
I know that is true. I am only hoping that we might see an increase, that's all. Of course it is cool to stay abreast of who is interested and if there might be any new faces that are trying to go to team selections as well. It would be good to encourage them as well. On the other side, there could be those who are deserving that I would love to get behind and help get there too.

You know me, Ill bend over backwards to help someone go to team selections. I find supporting our US F3K team lots of fun too. It is another fascet of fun for me. I may not fly well enough to compete at that level but the least I can do is help those who are able to or are aspiring to. Isn't great that there are just so many ways to enjoy DLGs.

Frank
Old Sep 22, 2011, 09:37 AM
Horizon Hobby Employee
United States, IL, Monticello
Joined Mar 2007
217 Posts
Japan F3K Team Facebook

The Japanese F3K team has a great FB page with lots videos and pics from the WC. You may notice a few faces in the videos. Also give a good feel of the location.
https://www.facebook.com/f3k2011teamjapan
JD
hhrnd40 is offline Find More Posts by hhrnd40
Old Dec 08, 2011, 12:01 PM
COSMOPOLITAN
Joined Oct 2005
522 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by M Seid View Post
Hey Michael,

Could you please send me your private E-mail address to ydevriendt@hotmail.com ?

Thanks buddy,

Yves
ydevriendt is offline Find More Posts by ydevriendt
Old Jan 03, 2012, 11:19 AM
Chuck 'Em and Chase 'Em
Joined Aug 2005
8,081 Posts
I just wanted to say thank you for the hat. Mine came in over the holidays and I wanted to express my appreciation.

Thanks guys. Will wear it with pride.

Frank
Old May 10, 2012, 04:29 PM
or F, J, K, or even TD
Joined Jun 2007
2,908 Posts
TPG Donates $800.00 to the US F3K Team Fund!

Yes, it’s true. As promised, the TPG crew, after reconciling all accounts, has approved an $800.00 donation to the F3K team fund. A check will be sent directly to the AMA attention Colleen Pierce, with the specific note that this be directed entirely to the F3K team fund.
This is a direct result of the fantastic support of the sponsors that provided their equipment for you to buy at rock bottom auction prices, and of course all of you that saved, and waited to capitalize on this opportunity to not only get a great deal, but help support F3K in our Country.
We promised that $5 from every T-shirt, and 25% of net auction sales would be our donation, and this year, even with the reduced pilot turnout from the year before we still raised $800. So without further ado, I’d like to thank the 2012 IHLGF sponsors one more time for the generous contributions that made this possible…
A huge thank you to Hitec, Soaring USA, Horizon Hobby, JR, Airtronics, Hobby People, Validol, MKS Servos, Oleg Golovidov, CST-The Composites Store, Inc., Atlanta Hobby, Mercury Adhesives, and Radio Carbon Art.
Thanks again to all that attended the ILHGF this year, and participated in the auction. We received some good and valuable feedback that will likely be incorporated next year, but suffice to say, there will be another auction at the 20th Annual IHLGF next year.
On behalf of the Torrey Pines Gulls, all the volunteers, and the organizers, here’s to a great 2013 US F3K Team.

Mike Smith
David Klein
Chuck Norris
FLY F3B is online now Find More Posts by FLY F3B
Old May 18, 2012, 10:17 AM
usaf3kteam
Joined Sep 2005
5,643 Posts
Thanks Mike and the TPG
rcgeorge is offline Find More Posts by rcgeorge
Old Aug 26, 2012, 10:55 PM
usaf3kteam
Joined Sep 2005
5,643 Posts
The time has come GOOD LUCK TO ALL cheers
rcgeorge is offline Find More Posts by rcgeorge
Old Aug 31, 2012, 11:42 PM
F3K all day
Joined Dec 2011
1,681 Posts
Good luck to everyone! When chuck Norris does a discus launch the plane breaks the sound barrier.
jasonafriedman is offline Find More Posts by jasonafriedman
Old Sep 13, 2012, 01:22 PM
Launch high. Fly low.
United States, CA, Lake Elsinore
Joined Aug 2003
4,136 Posts
2013 Team USA F3K website is up!

The 2013 Team USA F3K website is up, everyone.
It's still a work in progress but we will have our official team graphics soon enough.
As always, thank you very much for your continued support.
Bookmark and check often!!!!

www.TeamUSAF3K.com

Soar!
Your F3K Team
jcats is online now Find More Posts by jcats
Old Sep 13, 2012, 05:09 PM
hot air rises...
Pleasant Grove, UT
Joined Jul 2005
7,595 Posts
Don't we need a new thread for the new team?
jfinch is offline Find More Posts by jfinch